Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 05:36 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Call the cops if in danger, he has the same right to loiter for work as anyone else. and besides how would they now the individual is here legally.
WHAT????????? ARE YOU JOKING???????

Same rights belong ONLY to US citizens, NOT illegals. Illegals have no rights in this country.

Do you think you're in Mexico with people actually on your side???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 05:42 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times
Quote:
This is very true, but this is a fixed cost. No mater what you are building, you still have to hire an architect to design your pool, a civil eng to make sure everything is legal, and I would not expect to hire either at a day laborer center.

But the guys who dig the ditch, or unload the truck at the disposal facility. I don't think they will need much other than the physical ability to do it.

Like you say, other projects may lend themselves easier to using day laborers. Adding an inside wall (to separate a room or something ), cleaning up your garage, moving ( this has been really awesome, since I reverted to student not to long ago), act as your assistant when working on your car.

I would not hire them for something that would require of them to have specific knowledge of a topic. I would hire them mostly as a set of helping hands.
Now you're talking. I didn't think you would EVER admit that illegals are ignorant and capable of nothing more than digging with a shovel or watching someone work on their car and hand them tools.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:55 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
WHAT????????? ARE YOU JOKING???????

Same rights belong ONLY to US citizens, NOT illegals. Illegals have no rights in this country.

Do you think you're in Mexico with people actually on your side???
Illegals do have rights.
Quote:
Quote:
The word "inhabitant" has several meanings in law depending upon on the
context. In some contexts it is equated with citizenship; in other
contexts, specifically that of the federal civil rights acts passed
during the Reconstruction, "inhabitant" has been held not to mean
"citizen." Baldwin v. Franks, 120 U.S. 678, 690-692, 75 S.Ct. 656, 32
L.Ed. 766 (1887)

After comprehensive analysis of the intent of Congress which drafted
this legislation, this court holds that the word "inhabitant" describes
any person who is within the jurisdiction of the United States.

Upon introducing the provisions which eventually became 18 U.S.C. 242,
its sponsor, Senator Stewart, explicitly stated that the bill protects
all "persons." He noted that the bill "simply extends to foreigners,
not citizens, the protection of our laws.". He added:

This bill extends the equal protection of the laws to aliens, so that
all persons who are in the United States shall have the equal protection
of our laws. It extends the operations of the civil rights bill . . . to
all persons within the jurisdiction of the United States. United States
v. Otherson (1979) 480 F.Supp. 1369, 1370-1373.

-----
Brought to you by - The 'Lectric Law Library
The Net's Finest [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Legal [COLOR=blue !important]Resource[/color][/color][/color] For Legal Pros & Laypeople Alike.
The 'Lectric Law Library's Entrance, Welcome & Tour - legal resources and definitions

Illegal Immigrant's Rights -- The Meaning Of "Inhabitant".

Old 05-30-2009, 06:04 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Illegals do have rights.
Correct: illegal aliens do indeed have rights-------------the same as any other lawbreaker.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:04 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Illegals do have rights.
They have SOME rights like rights when in police custody, etc.

But, no, they don't have the right to loiter. They're all TRESPASSERS as a matter a fact.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
They have SOME rights like rights when in police custody, etc.

But, no, they don't have the right to loiter. They're all TRESPASSERS as a matter a fact.
And; factoring in SSN fraud, non reporting of income, etc.--------------I can safely say that 100% of all illegal aliens age 18+ indeed are Felons and they need to be treated as such.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:08 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; factoring in SSN fraud, non reporting of income, etc.--------------I can safely say that 100% of all illegal aliens age 18+ indeed are Felons and they need to be treated as such.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:32 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Illegals do have rights.
I could be mistaken, but I do believe you must have a legal presence in this country to be considered within the jurisdiction of the United States. Illegal aliens have no such presence – they are interlopers. Otherwise, they would be entitled to the same rights and privileges as legal residents; which they aren’t.

Do they have the “right” to work? Do they have the “right” to obtain an SSN? Do they have the “right” to receive unemployment benefits? Do they have the “right” to vote? The answer to all is NO.

Illegal aliens have very few “rights” in this country. However, they are afforded more than they deserve.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:40 PM

804 posts, read 1,360,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I could be mistaken, but I do believe you must have a legal presence in this country to be considered within the jurisdiction of the United States. Illegal aliens have no such presence – they are interlopers. Otherwise, they would be entitled to the same rights and privileges as legal residents; which they aren’t.

Do they have the “right” to work? Do they have the “right” to obtain an SSN? Do they have the “right” to receive unemployment benefits? Do they have the “right” to vote? The answer to all is NO.

Illegal aliens have very few “rights” in this country. However, they are afforded more than they deserve.
No you don't. (legal to be in U.S. Jurisdiction) That why people who are here illegally and have kids still fall under the amendment that gives them birthright citizenship. I think there is someone trying to challenge this, but until ruled out, it still stands.

Now, according to the article that I quote, the legal U.S. jurisdiction is not mentioned. Those rights are given to any inhabitant of the U.S. And from what I can understand from the wording "inhabitant: does not depend on U.S. jurisdiction or not, it just depends in physical presence. So I would think that even foreign diplomats, who are not under U.S. jurisdiction, would still be given these rights.

I am aware that the rights of illegal aliens are not the same as for legal residents, but to say that illegal residents have no rights, is incorrect.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
No you don't. (legal to be in U.S. Jurisdiction) That why people who are here illegally and have kids still fall under the amendment that gives them birthright citizenship. I think there is someone trying to challenge this, but until ruled out, it still stands.

Now, according to the article that I quote, the legal U.S. jurisdiction is not mentioned. Those rights are given to any inhabitant of the U.S. And from what I can understand from the wording "inhabitant: does not depend on U.S. jurisdiction or not, it just depends in physical presence. So I would think that even foreign diplomats, who are not under U.S. jurisdiction, would still be given these rights.

I am aware that the rights of illegal aliens are not the same as for legal residents, but to say that illegal residents have no rights, is incorrect.
Remember that illegal aliens have the same rights as any other criminals-----------three hots and a cot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration