Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Illegals take more OUT of the economy than they put in, especially when it comes to healthcare.

BTW, why don't you ***** about the government? They are the ones who allow the crap to be put into the food that makes people fat and sick. Additives in food are not necessary but the people of this country merrily eat the crap anyway and then they drive their butts down to Micky Ds and eat that nasty crap. When I was young there was not a damn fast food joint on every block. When people went out to eat they went to a restaurant and ate a decent meal and it was a treat back then. Now we have have a generation of idiot young people who think they should eat out for every meal and that every person should have a cell phone and talk on it constantly. The whole society is sick and the people who ***** about fat people are no damn different, especially when they like the illegals instead of American citizens who happen to be fat. I would be willing to bet that you are not fit and that you do planty of unhealthy things. You are not worth discussing this because you want an excuse to say that illegals are ok and fat people are not. I would be willing to bet that you couldmn't keep up with me and all that I do every day and that you probably eat very unhealthy.
1). I eat organic foods only. I have about 4-5% bodyfat. I ran varsity track, cross country, played varsity soccer. I surf, swim, skateboard. 5'9" 145 lbs (little bit on the skinny side). Still wanna make that bet? I run a 400m (withou training in 55sec...with training its around 49-52 sec).

2). Not bitching about obese pple. Read my posts on the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 12:01 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
If we kicked out obese pple we would save $41billion....
Americans: obese and otherwise; have the right to live here---------illegal aliens do not.

Unfortunately; illegal alien enablers (if US citizens, that is) also have the right to live here----------but, they can be arrested, charged and convicted of harboring criminals.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:30 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
i have tried to make that point before. not specifically about fatties. but about other pressing issues for people like myself who live in dense urban areas.

the illegals are not the problem here. and most of these posters dont interact or see illegals. they have said so themsleves. its more of a boogey man. i see them. on the bus. in the stores. everywhere. this is los angeles after all. they dont bother me none.

i would rather go after the thugs and pimps and ho's and drug dealers and gangbangers and hustlers and thieves and rapists. if they happen to be illegal then VOILA, they get deported. but to go after illegals, not really a concern of mine.

the police get this. policies are continuously being supported that ensure a guy will not get pulled over for being illegal. if it comes out that he is, well too bad for him, good for us.

the illegals know what they are getting into. thats why the majority lead safe and sane lives. they would rather fly under the radar and not commit crimes. (and dont bring up the marches, its not a crime. im talking about illegals not committing crimes). if they commit a crime, drive under hte influence, without a license, well thats their stupidity. they should know better.

anyhow. my focus is elsewhere.

Quote:
fail to acknowledge the costs of obesity. In 2004 the "cost" of illegal immigration was stated to be $10 billion annually. Granted, this study is 5 years old, yet the costs would not have dramatically increased. Illegal Immigrants' Cost to Government Studied (washingtonpost.com)

However, obesity costs $41 billion annually. Some researchers have shown, those that live in more conservative areas are more likely to be obese (the deep South, the Midwest, the intermountain region...)

So this begs the question, why focus on the costs of illegal immigration...and not on other more pressing issues?

I understand this is the illegal immigration forum, so of course you won't talk about obesity costs, but the point I'm making is that there more pressing issues we are currently facing.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:40 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
and this is where i stop reading the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Most of the ones I see around here seem pretty well-fed. You cannot tell if a Hispanic is illegal due to their weight though. Sadly most of the Hispanics I see here in DFW are overweight or obese. It did not used to be that way. (To be fair, a good deal of the whites and most of the blacks I see are also overweight/obese, but Hispanics seem to be the fattest ethnic group in Texas.)

Old 07-15-2009, 01:31 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
Quote:
Neither do illegals...
BS but don't let facts get in your way of hating the country and the citizens of America.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:32 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
Quote:
I say we kick the illegals and those that love them out and save even more.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:40 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
We can kick out obese illegals but not obese citizens.

How much do you suppose obese illegals cost the US? Maybe they should be the first to be deported...

Old 07-15-2009, 01:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
What if they are obese and illegally here?

I'd say they all tend to get obese, once they have been here a year or two.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:58 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
and this is where i stop reading the thread...

You were saying?........

Quote:
Hispanic children in US at greater risk for obesity than other ethnic/racial groups

The prevalence of overweight in the US population is among the highest in Mexican-American children and adolescents. In a study of 1,030 Hispanic children between the ages of 4 and 19, published in the June 2009 issue of the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, researchers from the Baylor College of Medicine found less than optimal diets in both overweight and non-overweight participants.

According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES), in 2005-2006 the prevalence of overweight among children (2-19 years) from all ethnic/racial groups was 15.5%. For Mexican-American males and females (2-19 years) the prevalence was 23.2% and 18.5%, respectively. Although the US environment encourages a sedentary lifestyle and excess food intake, the Hispanic population is burdened with additional risk factors for childhood obesity including parental obesity, low socioeconomic status (SES), recent immigration, acculturation to US diet and lifestyle, and limited health insurance coverage.
Hispanic children in US at greater risk for obesity than other ethnic/racial groups

Old 07-15-2009, 02:06 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
The above specifically states Mexican-American males and females...implying that they are legal. Whether or not this extends to illegal immigrants is not discussed in the above literature. There are other factors that come into play as well (socio-economic, lifestyle differences, and cultural differences that may influence meals).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration