Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 03:19 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,876,072 times

Advertisements

That's what I don't understand...Why do they come to the U.S for a Better Life and Better Opportunities,but yet show so much Disrespect and Ungratefulness to this Country and to Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 04:20 AM

989 posts, read 5,925,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
That's what I don't understand...Why do they come to the U.S for a Better Life and Better Opportunities,but yet show so much Disrespect and Ungratefulness to this Country and to Americans.
It's selfishness. Many are so consumed with building their families and protecting themselves in big East LA communities to ever care about what's happening in Greator America. Today, the only way you can get a 100,000 Latinos to care about something in America is to call for a protest on immigration laws.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:08 AM

These people are honestly so confused,so confused that they had to be told that they should be waving the American Flag,and not the Mexican Flag during their protest or marches.

What's even more strange is they do certain things to offend us Americans on our own Soil,and yet they expect us to have Sympathy for Illegal Immigrants.

They are seriously Biting The Hand That Feeds Them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
It's selfishness. Many are so consumed with building their families and protecting themselves in big East LA communities to ever care about what's happening in Greator America. Today, the only way you can get a 100,000 Latinos to care about something in America is to call for a protest on immigration laws.

Last edited by Californiaguy2007; 04-22-2007 at 05:24 AM..

Old 04-22-2007, 11:53 AM

126 posts, read 549,433 times
Quote:

Because they are here on a hand out.If they were the ones that had to work for what we have, they may have a different perspective. It's just like your teenage kids, for ex.....what are they going to respect more, a beautiful new car that daddy buys them, pays for gas and insurance, maintenance, etc., or the car, maybe not so new, that they had to work hard for, sweat for, slave for, save every dime for, most importantly....wait for, and now have to work to keep it up? No brainer.
Also, they don't even respect the country they come from....it's a trash pit, they've polluted their own habitat, now they're just movin' on down the road to keep polluting!

Which leads to the number one reason they disrespect Americans and the US so much: Because they consider this to be their land anyway. They feel that they are rightfully taking what is theirs to begin with. Oh, and the fact that they're actually getting a free ride, a major handout along w/being here? No biggie to them, they feel we owe it to 'em and we deserve to be dis-respected!
I'm sure this will raise the protest of all the illegal lovers, especially the part about not working hard. But it is true......they may have jobs here that they work at, and get paid for, but that money is going back to their country to sponsor yet another 'coyote' run! And support the numerous amounts of individuals over there, still waiting for their free ride!
They are certainly not working hard to maintain quality of life here in the US!

Old 04-22-2007, 12:13 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Quote:
I totally agree with you. And I applaud the OP for being brave enough to start this thread. I really don't know what they want here. If they love Mexico and their flag so much and think they're better then Americans, I say, HIT THE ROAD."

Old 04-22-2007, 12:21 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Exclamation yes-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
I totally agree with you. And I applaud the OP for being brave enough to start this thread. I really don't know what they want here. If they love Mexico and their flag so much and think they're better then Americans, I say, HIT THE ROAD."
But you cant do that in S Florida. If you are white you are a minority in some areas. And people will derisively have comments for you.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:33 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Sunny, that's what I've read and I know that you KNOW it firsthand. That's why I would never choose to live in S. Fla. I want to live among Americans who are proud to be citizens of the greatest country on earth. I want to stay where they wave the American flag if they are protesting something. Their reasoning is so totally off-base. They say the way to gauge how well a country is liked is to open the borders. If people head to the borders to leave, you know the country is not a place to live. But if they crowd to get into it, it's the place to be. We don't even have our borders open (supposedly) and yet they crowd to get in, but they bring their third world ideas with them and have no allegiance to our country. All they want is a paycheck to send back home to the country where their allegiance is. I am appalled that it's considered politically incorrect these days to even suggest that illegals need to be sent home NOW. They are ILLEGALS and don't even have the courtesy or respect for our country to make an effort to be here the right way. I don't care what the original country is of anyone's ancestors or what color they are. If they're true Americans, they should be treated with respect. But the ones who sneak through the fence and are only here for their own benefit, need to be sent home now.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:29 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,166 times
Quote:

Why, have you heard of LULAC and others like them.....they tell the illegals that they have as much right to this country as it citizens....

I have tried to get LULAC to tell me why they support illegals coming to this country and I have never gotten an answer from them...

Old 04-22-2007, 04:17 PM

These Illegals need to be educated and reminded that Mexico agreed to give up the Southwest States for U.S Dinero in the"Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo",so they don't have any rights to claim anything that is no longer theirs,but they must be crooked minded to believe they can still claim something that they already sold.

In my opinion,they want the Southwest States now,because Americans have Developed and Modernized this Region...If the Southwest was still Undeveloped and Primitive,they would not bother moving here or claiming it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Why, have you heard of LULAC and others like them.....they tell the illegals that they have as much right to this country as it citizens....

I have tried to get LULAC to tell me why they support illegals coming to this country and I have never gotten an answer from them...

Old 04-22-2007, 04:53 PM

140 posts, read 531,846 times
Quote:
These Illegals need to be educated and reminded that Mexico agreed to give up the Southwest States for U.S Dinero in the"Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo",so they don't have any rights to claim anything that is no longer theirs,but they must be crooked minded to believe they can still claim something that they already sold.

In my opinion,they want the Southwest States now,because Americans have Developed and Modernized this Region...If the Southwest was still Undeveloped and Primitive,they would not bother moving here or claiming it.

That's a good point that I had not thought of for a while. Many people who live in blighted areas and rundown neighborhoods complain about where they live. They want to move somewhere where things are already nice. But many don't seem to realize that moving somewhere doesn't solve the problem. Nice areas are nice because the people who live there make an effort to keep it nice. A house will fall apart if it isn't maintained by its owners, no matter how nice it was when they moved in. It's the same concept, if people want to come to America because it's a better place than where they used to live, then they have to work to keep it nice. Otherwise they will simply create the same rundown environment they were running away from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration