Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you believe we should do with the anchor children already here?
Strip them of citizenship, as it was granted under conflict with the 14th amendment 10 26.32%
Allow them to retain citizenship, as it wasn't their fault their parents came here illegally 15 39.47%
Allow those to retain citizenship if at least one of their parents have become legal, or they have already reached the age of 18 13 34.21%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 11:25 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
With almost 50 million hispanic-american us citizens, that would be the equivalent of political suicide....
With about 40 million American Blacks on top of over 200 million 'Anglos'-------I certainly do not fear the diminishing power of the 'Hispanic' bloc. Remember that the mostly Hispanic illegals are streaming out of the USA further diminishing the power of la raza.

Give it up; Latin King, the party is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 07:42 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,141,957 times
The illegals would deal with their children like they always have,,JUST NOT HERE

Old 09-27-2009, 11:55 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,158,006 times
Quote:
Don't sweat it, birthright citizenship will not be overturned.....
Oh that's great from someone that has a screen name that matches a violent street gang. "Folk love", right?...... American Folk that is....

Old 09-28-2009, 10:06 AM

32 posts, read 48,030 times
We should end birth right citizenship but we can not deport existing "citizens" who, for the most part, only know America. That said, however, we should also end all chain immigration for their foreign relatives.

www.darksideofillegalimmigration.com

Old 09-28-2009, 08:48 PM

411 posts, read 468,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
With about 40 million American Blacks on top of over 200 million 'Anglos'-------I certainly do not fear the diminishing power of the 'Hispanic' bloc. Remember that the mostly Hispanic illegals are streaming out of the USA further diminishing the power of la raza.

Give it up; Latin King, the party is over.

Beleive me, for the people that matter(elected officials), the very heavy
hispanic vote with almost 50 million legal citizens, is something to cherish,
but, pardon moi, are you saying that hispanic-americans are leaving the country?????, ha, ha ,ha, I don't think so.......

Old 09-29-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
but, pardon moi, are you saying that hispanic-americans are leaving the country?????, ha, ha ,ha, I don't think so.......

Damn I feel like your akin to a teenager in funny movie telling their parents "I'll be home at midnight" and the parents say 10PM and then the kids walk out the door muttering "11:30 it is". 40 million then 50 million, wtf.
The population I believe is somewhere in the low 40 millions and no, not all of them are legal by a long shot. So what's 43 million hispanics minus the 11 million or so (total of 15 million illegals, but 2-3 million are Asian, 1+ million African or black carribean and about 900,000 European) hispanic illegals. 34 milllion and how many of them have no sympathy for illegals, about 25%. That leaves 26 million which includes many moderates who have more pressing issues as priority for them. Maybe leaves 15 million or so die-hards. Now consider hispanics are known to be in low representation in exercizing their right to vote. Just a few million who would actually be considered a potent "pro-illegal alien" voting bloc'. Big deal. We who make up the teflon and resolved anti-illegal alien bloc outnumber this ten-fold, at least.

Snow balls chance in hell

And we are every race. America as a country is done with the uncontrolled massing of our population. It just happens to be that Hispanics are the major group coming in now. This may be hard for you to believe, but race is important to maybe just a quarter of us. Don't try and paint us with a broad stroke, as you label as intolerant, when others try and label you.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:27 AM

On another note. Does anyone know if the ethnic Europeans who arrived in waves (late 18th/early 19th centuries) still hold a grudge and regularly vote against the party that was in power when the migration spigat was shut off in the 1920's. I mean if these pro-illegals are right, most Italian, Irish, Greek immigrant decendants must be pre-occupied about those hateful Wasps and Germans who didn't want their ancestors here anymore. Benjamin Franklin hated the Germans immigrants arriving in his time. Has anyone ever attended an Oktoberfest event where they where burning a Ben Franklin effigy. When birthright citizenship is rescinded and chain migration ended and the border sealed, U.S. hispanics will go back to the same ol' grind every other American will. There will be no valuable or long-term repercussions.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
You clearly do not live here in Arizona: the (mostly Hispanic) illegal alien population is down 30-50% and is continuing to decline.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
On another note. Does anyone know if the ethnic Europeans who arrived in waves (late 18th/early 19th centuries) still hold a grudge and regularly vote against the party that was in power when the migration spigat was shut off in the 1920's. I mean if these pro-illegals are right, most Italian, Irish, Greek immigrant decendants must be pre-occupied about those hateful Wasps and Germans who didn't want their ancestors here anymore. Benjamin Franklin hated the Germans immigrants arriving in his time. Has anyone ever attended an Oktoberfest event where they where burning a Ben Franklin effigy. When birthright citizenship is rescinded and chain migration ended and the border sealed, U.S. hispanics will go back to the same ol' grind every other American will. There will be no valuable or long-term repercussions.
My father is a lot more pro illegal immigration than me; he is a (legal) immigrant himself.

The difference being is I am a native born American so my perspective is different.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
You are incorrect. There are only about 40 million legal hispanic citizens including those to young to vote. They are only a drop in the bucket compared to the other 260 million non-hispanics including those who are too young to vote. The hispanic vote doesn't mean squat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration