Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 02:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Seasonal work means that the job won't last long. So that skews unemployment numbers. Many jobs are more gigs in nature. So again, rising the unemployment rate.
Oh, you edited your post. Please don’t tell me you are even remotely suggesting that the vast majority of illegal aliens are “seasonal” workers.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:41 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh, you edited your post. Please don’t tell me you are even remotely suggesting that the vast majority of illegal aliens are “seasonal” workers.
Did I say that? No. So don't imply things that aren't there. A large percentage are. Plus read the rest of the post.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
News flash: people have been surviving off of welfare for years. Yes, an illegal can receive “free” cancer treatment, organ transplants, dialysis, etc. It happens quite frequently. Illegals are also living in tax-funded subsidized housing, including Obama’s aunt. Why would any illegal choose to leave this land of milk and honey?
No they can't recieve free cancer treatment. As a brother of a cancer survivor, I know the costs all too well. One the pills that my sister had to buy cost over $100. They had insurance. The treatments were not cheap. So unless they have some special plan that my family had no idea about, then they pay just like the rest of us.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
No they can't recieve free cancer treatment. As a brother of a cancer survivor, I know the costs all too well. One the pills that my sister had to buy cost over $100. They had insurance. The treatments were not cheap. So unless they have some special plan that my family had no idea about, then they pay just like the rest of us.
Not true. My dad recently died from cancer, and I accompanied him to each of his treatments. I know for a fact that illegal aliens are receiving “free” cancer treatment, as well as every other conceivable medical care. I happen to be friends with one of the oncologists where my dad was receiving treatment, so don’t tell me I’m wrong. Organ transplants and dialysis are also expensive, but that hasn’t prevented illegals from receiving them.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Not true. My dad recently died from cancer, and I accompanied him to each of his treatments. I know for a fact that illegal aliens are receiving “free” cancer treatment, as well as every other conceivable medical care. I happen to be friends with one of the oncologists where my dad was receiving treatment, so don’t tell me I’m wrong. Organ transplants and dialysis are also expensive, but that hasn’t prevented illegals from receiving them.

I'm saying that you don't know for a fact. So you are telling me that your friend outright said "illegal immigrants get free cancer treatment"? I think that either you are lying about that part, or that you misheard. Because I know for a FACT that they don't. My friend's uncle is an administrator at Sharp hospital. We had this discussion...

Old 10-01-2009, 03:03 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
OP horse nuggets !

Old 10-01-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I'm saying that you don't know for a fact. So you are telling me that your friend outright said "illegal immigrants get free cancer treatment"? I think that either you are lying about that part, or that you misheard. Because I know for a FACT that they don't. My friend's uncle is an administrator at Sharp hospital. We had this discussion...
I’m not going to be called too many liars by you, young man. Yes, illegals are receiving free cancer treatment, and I don’t give a damn who your friend’s uncle is. Do you think hospitals are providing every other treatment but cancer to illegals?

Old 10-01-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I guess this is also a lie.

Quote:
Texas medical center on verge of ending cancer treatment for illegal immigrants

The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) in Galveston has long been the hospital where indigent patients — including illegal immigrants — sought care. But the strain placed on the hospital's cancer treatment resources for the indigent has led the university hospital to propose refusing cancer treatment to patients who cannot document that they are legal U.S. residents.

The decision on whether to deny care based on documented status was pending at press time, but a University of Texas ethicist told Medical Ethics Advisor the time when state-funded hospitals had to choose who to turn away has been looming for a long time.
Article: Texas medical center on verge of ending cancer treatment for illegal... | AccessMyLibrary - Promoting library advocacy

Old 10-01-2009, 03:28 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
I’m not going to be called too many liars by you, young man. Yes, illegals are receiving free cancer treatment, and I don’t give a damn who your friend’s uncle is. Do you think hospitals are providing every other treatment but cancer to illegals?

Of course they do. They get everything else, why wouldn't they get that?

Quote:
A battle between New York state and federal health officials has come to a head with the intervention of Governor Eliot Spitzer, who called the new federal ruling that limits coverage of emergency health care for illegal immigrants "morally and clinically and legally wrong", said the New York Times today.

The row is about the new federal directive whereby the cost of chemotherapy for illegal immigrants with cancer will no longer qualify under Medicaid's emergency programme.

State officials however said they would cover the costs, regardless of federal government, marking a reversal in their stance of two weeks ago when they said the state could not pay the costs. The cost is estimated to be in the region of 5 to 10 million dollars a year.
New York Criticizes Feds For Limiting Medicaid For Illegal Immigrants

Quote:
Audit: Medicaid paid for nonemergency care of illegal immigrants (Texas)

In one case a patient with cervical cancer received chemotherapy treatments at a hospital and the provider submitted claims with diagnosis codes for chemotherapy and convulsions, which is an emergency diagnosis. While the patient had a history of a seizure disorder, she was not having convulsions at the time of the chemotherapy treatment so that hospital stay should not have been paid under Medicaid.
Audit: Medicaid paid for nonemergency care of illegal immigrants - General News (http://tinyurl.com/yczo86r - broken link)

Quote:
Even fiscally conservative Texas, last or next to last in any number of public spending categories, has incurred a heavy toll from health care for illegal immigrants. In 2006, the state’s comptroller estimated that illegal immigrants cost state hospitals as much as $1.3 billion. Such was the outstanding debt that the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston was forced to consider denying cancer care to illegal immigrants.
FrontPage Magazine - Doctors Without Borders (http://97.74.65.51/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=35786 - broken link)

Old 10-01-2009, 03:29 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Tell me some more about this 'fact'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration