Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 03:41 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m not going to be called too many liars by you, young man. Yes, illegals are receiving free cancer treatment, and I don’t give a damn who your friend’s uncle is. Do you think hospitals are providing every other treatment but cancer to illegals?
Even if they get caught, all they need to do is call some 'activist' or ethnic advocacy group and a sympathetic reporter and the chances are real good that the hospital is going to back down and give them the treatment, in spite of the fact that they are in no way entitled to it.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:45 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Even if they get caught, all they need to do is call some 'activist' or ethnic advocacy group and a sympathetic reporter and the chances are real good that the hospital is going to back down and give them the treatment, in spite of the fact that they are in no way entitled to it.
That’s a sad truth. While countless U.S. citizens die each year because they can’t receive cancer treatment. Sadly, they don’t have anyone fighting for them. When will this insanity end?

Old 10-01-2009, 03:49 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Did I say that? No. So don't imply things that aren't there. A large percentage are. Plus read the rest of the post.
I hardly would call 2% a large percentage....

"What about work? Why should an illegal hold a job that's needed by an American citizen? The Los Angeles Times reported that only 2 percent of illegals pick crops, but 29 percent are on welfare."

Pushing toward amnesty, Part 3

Old 10-01-2009, 03:56 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post

"What about work? Why should an illegal hold a job that's needed by an American citizen? The Los Angeles Times reported that only 2 percent of illegals pick crops, but 29 percent are on welfare."

The truth is a hard pill to swallow.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:27 PM

95 posts, read 130,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post

That link is for "World Net Daily", not the LA Times.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:28 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
That’s a sad truth. While countless U.S. citizens die each year because they can’t receive cancer treatment. Sadly, they don’t have anyone fighting for them. When will this insanity end?
The most outrageous part is that cancer treatment is available in Mexico. They opened a new hospital specifically for cancer patients in Mexico City in 2006, yet the Mexican illegals act as if they are going to die if the US does not provide them with 'free' cancer treatment.

Quote:
There are several large cancer centers in Mexico City: Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Centro Hopitalario 20 de Noviembre, Instituto Nacional de Pediatría, Hospital Infantil de México, Hospital de Pediatría IMSS, Hospital de Oncología IMSS, Hospital General de México SSA, and Hospital Juarez SSA. Also there are a good number of private hospitals in the country equipped with modern radiotherapy and medical oncology facilities. There are more than 15 linear accelerators in the country and a fairly large number of old Cobalt units in the cancer centers. There are 25 states cancer centers in the country, from Chiapas to Baja, California; there are also important oncology centers in Guadalajara and Monterrey.

Many of the approximately 1,000 oncologists in Mexico are members of professional oncology societies in our country. The Sociedad Mexicana de Oncologia (SMeO) was founded in 1952, and the Mexican Oncology Board was founded in 1995. The certification process in Mexico has the same rules and requirements as the United States and European boards. The majority of the oncologists across the Mexican Republic are certified in at least one of the major specialties: surgical oncology, radiation oncology, medical oncology, and pediatric oncology. Present study results indicate that the quality of care in patients with cancer has been improving in our country.
Cancer in Mexico - ASCO AN&F (http://tinyurl.com/ycdflr7 - broken link)

They have hospitals dedicated solely to the care of cancer patients, they have 1000 oncologists and the certification process that their oncologists must complete has the exact same rules and requirements as the American and European processes , it is unclear to me why it is that mexican illegal aliens have to stay in the US for cancer treatment.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:20 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,825 times
My undestanding is that if an illegal alien goes to an emergency room, and turns out to need long term care, the hospital must provide that care. Once seen by a doctor, and diagnosed, they can't be refused future care.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:40 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
from a Dec 2006 article

"An article in the Los Angeles Times reports that Medi-Cal in California is spending $400 million a year in illegal alien pregnancy-related expenses.

California long has been one of the more generous states in offering such benefits, covering everything from pregnancy tests to postpartum checkups for impoverished illegal immigrants.

Such births and associated expenses account for more than $400 million of the nearly $1 billion that the program spends each year on healthcare for illegal immigrants in California, documents and reports show. Only about a dozen other states extend similar benefits to illegal immigrants, according to health and immigrant rights groups.
"

How does this help California?

Old 10-01-2009, 05:46 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
So how did California ever survive in the 1950's without all of the illegals ? Who swept the porches, and walked the dogs for the film stars ?

Old 10-01-2009, 05:46 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,380 times
Quote:
I’m not going to be called too many liars by you, young man. Yes, illegals are receiving free cancer treatment, and I don’t give a damn who your friend’s uncle is. Do you think hospitals are providing every other treatment but cancer to illegals?
Well just calling a horse a horse...Also, highly extensive surgery is not for free...Also you should know that Sharp is a RATHER large hospital. So you know, you may not "give a dam" but I think he would know more than you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.