Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 04:31 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulceJ View Post
So??

He is still a liar
How so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 04:33 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulceJ View Post
So??

He is still a liar
Prove it!

Old 11-18-2009, 05:15 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,608 times
Conservatives, 40% of America, owe Lou a debt of gratitude for his excellent journalistic coverage of major issues happening within this country that the biased liberal media refused to report on.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:07 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Conservatives, 40% of America, owe Lou a debt of gratitude for his excellent journalistic coverage of major issues happening within this country that the biased liberal media refused to report on.
Despite their best efforts, it’s too late, the cat’s out of the bag. They can silence Lou on CNN, but the country already knows what’s happening. Unless they start censoring the internet, we will continue to be apprised of this invasion.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:04 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,703,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
If he runs for office, I doubt he will win. With his history of spreading lies, his alliance with white supremacist groups and talking negatively against people of color, that leaves a very small minority of followers.

FT.com / Media - Dobbs quits CNN in pursuit of higher calling
No, actually its the minorities who spread lies! They play the race card as often as possible to further their cause. He just speaks the truth; something a lot of you people can't handle.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:02 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
zac; you are grasping at straws here; my post was in direct response to yours.

Translation: not all so-called 'Latinos' buy the la raza line and; in fact, some resent being lumped in with the latter since they self identify as culturally Anglo. Myself; despite being of 1/2 Hungarian lineage; I too self identify as an Anglo.

Remember: a Spanish surname does not a Hispanic make. Filipinos come to mind.
Never mind, I re-read your post. Thought I think you are some how confused or you may not be giving me enough info. to form an opinion.

What is the "la raza line"?
If he has a Spanish surname and identifies as Anglo...is he a decendent of Spain?
If his mother is "Anglo" as you say, is it possible that the father is Latino? How else is he part Latino but refuses to acknowledge his "Latino identity"?
Spaniards are also Latino.
I realize that there are people from other ethnicities that carry Spanish last names. My best friend will be marrying a Filipino and her las name will be Fernandez.

As I said, I need a better picture to understand what you are trying to say here.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:51 AM

744 posts, read 1,209,479 times
Let me just say that I am against criminals, it should not make me a racist if one of the crimes I am against is Illegal Immigration. My son said it right when he was in 5th grade he had a teacher saying we should not deport the illegal immigrants because they have not done anything wrong and my son said then why are they called illegals. The teacher had to back peddle. Lou spoke up against crime why should we bash him on that. I would think everyone should agree that laws are being broken and we should not be able to pick and choose which ones we should break to suit our own agendas, because if we do why would we need laws.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:17 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,339 times
I would vote for Dobbs in a heartbeat! He actually believe jobs should go to Americans first and people that want to come here should respect our laws. How novel.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:24 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,494 times
It is becoming more apparent that CNN's ostracization of Lou was politically motivated..

CNN apparently wanted to get rid of "advocacy journalism", but still carries Rick Sanchez, who has recently on a nightly basis presented heart-warming stories about why the Dream Act should be passed or stories about why Sheriff Joe should be stripped of his badge.. Seems they have allowed the ethnocentric Mr. Sanchez to carry on..

Old 11-19-2009, 05:39 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Never mind, I re-read your post. Thought I think you are some how confused or you may not be giving me enough info. to form an opinion.

What is the "la raza line"?
If he has a Spanish surname and identifies as Anglo...is he a decendent of Spain?
If his mother is "Anglo" as you say, is it possible that the father is Latino? How else is he part Latino but refuses to acknowledge his "Latino identity"?
Spaniards are also Latino.
I realize that there are people from other ethnicities that carry Spanish last names. My best friend will be marrying a Filipino and her las name will be Fernandez.

As I said, I need a better picture to understand what you are trying to say here.
The la raza line is that many Latinos (especially Mestizos I have noticed) perceive other Latinos as 'race traitors' if they assimilate as unhyphenated Americans. Although la raza would gag if confronted with the late White supremacist Judge Leander Perez of St Bernard Parish, La of 50 years ago. Despite Perez being of Canary Island Spanish lineage...........he was a member of the White Citizen's Council and was in cahoots with the KKK.

Remember that genetically speaking; most Spaniards or the unmixed descendents of same are closer to English people than Mexicans so that makes 'Latino' a political. not a cultural label.

Why I say that is R1b; the Y chromosome, is carried by most English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, etc. men and their New World descendents..........both Hispanic and Anglo.

Besides: not every person out there with a stereotypical Hispanic surname is Latino. I looked up under Ancestry.com for 'Rodriguez' and found quite a few Anglos with that surname; they came from Ireland (Mitchell), Hungary (Mihaly), as well as Englind, Germany, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration