Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,484 times

Advertisements

Hi, Just Could Do With a little help with some questions i have. I know they have been asked before on here but as the months pass i want to know if its still the same. basically im a 24 year old man from ireland thats going to move over to new york in march as an illegal immigrant.

Im not worried that much about going illegally but just want to know is it worth my while, i mean if theres jobs goin (i.e bar work,construction work etc) does it make much of a difference to get the job if your illegal, also do the irish look out for one another here in terms of work, accomdation etc.

id love any info that i can get plus even any info from irish who are there illegally themselves at the mo or anyone planning on doing the same as i around this time.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 10:43 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Illegals are frowned upon. Try a country in the European Union.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:50 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,357,458 times
Why would we help you enter our home/country illegally? Have you not heard about our economy? US citizens cannot find jobs. Why would we want you to take a job here? Stay where you are. You appear to be only semi-literate anyway. We don't need more of that here.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:55 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,920 times
VERY bad idea.

America has enough illegal immigrants to deal with already and does NOT welcome them - and when you get caught -as you undoubtedly will - you'll be deported at your expense and banned from the US.

And posting on a public forum as a self proclaimed wannabe "illegal immigrant" shows a spectacular level of stupidity

Old 12-02-2009, 11:21 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Illegals are frowned upon. Try a country in the European Union.
No kidding there (unless our putative 'Irishman' is pulling our leg).

Old 12-02-2009, 11:23 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,357,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrystack166 View Post
Hi, Just Could Do With a little help with some questions i have. I know they have been asked before on here but as the months pass i want to know if its still the same. basically im a 24 year old man from ireland thats going to move over to new york in march as an illegal immigrant.

Im not worried that much about going illegally but just want to know is it worth my while, i mean if theres jobs goin (i.e bar work,construction work etc) does it make much of a difference to get the job if your illegal, also do the irish look out for one another here in terms of work, accomdation etc.

id love any info that i can get plus even any info from irish who are there illegally themselves at the mo or anyone planning on doing the same as i around this time.

Thanks.
This is kind of like asking me if there's anything decent to eat in my fridge so you'll know if it's "worth your while" to break into my house and stay. Your ignorance and attitude are unbelievable. Don't you dare come here.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:47 AM

429 posts, read 1,116,740 times
LOL.

Why would you announce that? Seriously. This forum is on a US Server. If the mods really cared, they could look up your IP address, send that to the feds, and report you for breaking the law should you come over here.

Also, don't come over here. Your being here illegally is not appreciated.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:48 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
VERY bad idea.

America has enough illegal immigrants to deal with already and does NOT welcome them - and when you get caught -as you undoubtedly will - you'll be deported at your expense and banned from the US.

And posting on a public forum as a self proclaimed wannabe "illegal immigrant" shows a spectacular level of stupidity
actually, the sucker US pays for the illegals' trip back when the native country verifies the native born status of the illegal. He wouldn't be out of anything and could probably try again and again.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:08 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
E-verify is being used more and more so you are better off coming here legally.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:00 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
I would not recommend it.

1. It is against the law.
2. When ICE finds you you will spend some time in a holding cell before being deported and Banned from the US.
3. You will most likely have a higher standard of living living off benefits in Ireland then working under the table in the US (which, due to E-verify and I-9 forms you would have to do).

The moral of the story being if you are thinking of coming illegally...stay in Ireland. Unless you are legally immigrating we do not want you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration