Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 AM

77 posts, read 102,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is a personal attack to call a U.S. citizen a citizen rather than an immigrant? How so? What do anchor babies or illegals have to do with it? Once you become a citizen you are no longer an immigrant and that was my point.
You are not the USA government. According to them I'm still an immigrant and a naturalized citizen. Let's not waste time on semantics. This is not what this thread is about., it's about illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 09:20 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
You are not the USA government. According to them I'm still an immigrant and a naturalized citizen. Let's not waste time on semantics. This is not what this thread is about., it's about illegal aliens.
Well that's the first I have heard that the govenment calls a U.S. citizen naturalized or not an immigrant rather then a citizen. I am not the one who started this conversation I am merely replying to it.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:25 AM

77 posts, read 102,615 times
Quote:
Well that's the first I have heard that the govenment calls a U.S. citizen naturalized or not an immigrant rather then a citizen. I am not the one who started this conversation I am merely replying to it.
well now you know. You learn new things each and every day

Old 01-21-2010, 12:52 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
They are interchangeable since most of the illegals in this country ARE Mexicans but then you knew that.
Explain how you can prove that...there is no difintive count by the Federal govenment or any hired contractor.

You can look at a person and tell if they are Mexican or some other Hispanic group?

You can look at someone and tell the difference between a Mexican here for genrations and one here illegally?

How did you developed this special tallent...

You think you know...Its not what you think you know, Its what you can prove.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:18 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Explain how you can prove that...there is no difintive count by the Federal govenment or any hired contractor.

You can look at a person and tell if they are Mexican or some other Hispanic group?

You can look at someone and tell the difference between a Mexican here for genrations and one here illegally?

I believe you are taking my words out of context or I didn't word my remarks the way I meant them for clarity. Here is how I feel about it. No, I cannot tell by looks what someone's ethnicity or nationality or status is for sure but I do know that most of the illegals here are Mexicans.

Last edited by chicagonut; 01-21-2010 at 02:46 PM..

Old 01-21-2010, 02:21 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
becoming a naturalized citizen doesnt stop you from being an immigrant. you still came from a different place. you may assimilate, and be come culturally north american, but you are still an immigrant. and thats not a bad thing.

wow.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:20 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

------"How do you know...."

In the midwest, when there is rumor of a raid at a packing plant or poultry processing plant and 90 % of the Hispanics DON'T SHOW UP FOR WORK.

I guess that would make me wrong on my assumption concerning 10%, but correct on my assumption on 90 %.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:45 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
becoming a naturalized citizen doesnt stop you from being an immigrant. you still came from a different place. you may assimilate, and be come culturally north american, but you are still an immigrant. and thats not a bad thing.

wow.
To me once you are naturalized, you are American.

I think also if you came here illegally, you should never be able to obtain US citizenship.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:35 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

I think also if you came here illegally, you should never be able to obtain US citizenship.
If it wasn't for those who have something against being an American, we wouldn't even have this argument.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:50 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
i didnt say you werent an american. but being someone who came from another land, when you move somewhere else, you are an immigrant. you are a us citizen, but still and immigrant. for example, lots of people move to CA from other states. they are transplants. they can acculturate and fall in line with the CA lifestyle, but they are still transplants. thats not a bad thing.

and thats not anti american at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration