U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-11-2010, 08:15 AM
 
25,320 posts, read 37,407,782 times
Reputation: 13240

Advertisements

*LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT.*

IF yOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR..

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET :

* A JOB,
* A DRIVERS LICENSE,
* SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
* WELFARE,
* FOOD STAMPS,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,
* A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
* BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
* THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY’S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON’T GET ENOUGH RESPECT


I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION…


(I have no link since it was forwarded to me by email)

 
Old 03-11-2010, 08:23 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,135,185 times
Reputation: 453
Yes, our illegal immigration laws need to be enforced rather than rewarding unlawful behavior. I certainly do NOT condone most of the punishments listed above yet feel if we enforced our existing laws while adding others, illegal immigration will become manageable.
 
Old 03-11-2010, 08:28 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,630,660 times
Reputation: 22152
That's right. Find one other country that actually rewards those foreign citizens who choose to break it's laws.
 
Old 03-11-2010, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Some Beach... Somewhere...
4,571 posts, read 3,823,196 times
Reputation: 4732
We need to get some North Korean/Iranian/Afghani/Saudi/Chinese/Venezuelan/Cuban border guards. Hell, everything else in this country has been outsourced, why not border protection? Looks like they're doing an infinitely better job of it than we are.

FWIW, I would condone *all* of the punishments listed above for illegals.
 
Old 03-11-2010, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Texas
2,847 posts, read 1,846,252 times
Reputation: 1741
[quote=bentlebee;13248896]*LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT.*

IF yOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR..

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET :

* A JOB,
* A DRIVERS LICENSE,
* SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
* WELFARE,
* FOOD STAMPS,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,
* A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
* BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
* THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY’S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON’T GET ENOUGH RESPECT


I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION…


You got it exactly right.
 
Old 03-11-2010, 11:58 AM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,057,654 times
Reputation: 2244

you obviously DONT have a firm grasp...
another garbage chain letter. i cant believe people fall for this.
its more ALARMISM. it makes the anti illegal side look irrational and ignorant of US laws and policy.

this/your argument fails for a couple reasons. it is weak because in the countries mentioned it is the government extending these punishments to those law breakers.
if you want to make a valid comparison then compare the punishment handed down by the US govt to those caught here illegally. in the US illegals dont get these supposed perks from the govt, it is detention and deportation. extended detention depending on number of offenses.
further it is the illegals that find ways to disguise themselves as legal citizens. its not the US govt. illegals find ways to get phony papers. and guess what so do people in venezuela, iran, turkey, china, etc. every country has an underground economy.
(the other stuff about credit cards, language and such is just silly. thats a whole nother discussion.)

what would be a good comparison? show how strict other countires are against tresspassers, then show how the US deals with them. we deport them, as do most countries. further, those places like N.korea throw charges of "spying" into the mix. its not just crossing illegally, its being an alleged spy. a true test would be to look at punishment for violating immigration laws. thats a valid comparison. the more i think about it, the STUPIDER this post is.

AND honestly, do you really want to emulate countries that hang people for being gay, where women are stoned for wearing jeans, where guerilla warfare is rampant?

thats another reason why this whole argument fails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
*LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT.*

IF yOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR..

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET :

* A JOB,
* A DRIVERS LICENSE,
* SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
* WELFARE,
* FOOD STAMPS,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,
* A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
* BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
* THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY’S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON’T GET ENOUGH RESPECT


I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION…


(I have no link since it was forwarded to me by email)
 
Old 03-11-2010, 01:46 PM
 
25,320 posts, read 37,407,782 times
Reputation: 13240
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

you obviously DONT have a firm grasp...
another garbage chain letter. i cant believe people fall for this.
its more ALARMISM. it makes the anti illegal side look irrational and ignorant of US laws and policy.

this/your argument fails for a couple reasons. it is weak because in the countries mentioned it is the government extending these punishments to those law breakers.
if you want to make a valid comparison then compare the punishment handed down by the US govt to those caught here illegally. in the US illegals dont get these supposed perks from the govt, it is detention and deportation. extended detention depending on number of offenses.
further it is the illegals that find ways to disguise themselves as legal citizens. its not the US govt. illegals find ways to get phony papers. and guess what so do people in venezuela, iran, turkey, china, etc. every country has an underground economy.
(the other stuff about credit cards, language and such is just silly. thats a whole nother discussion.)

what would be a good comparison? show how strict other countires are against tresspassers, then show how the US deals with them. we deport them, as do most countries. further, those places like N.korea throw charges of "spying" into the mix. its not just crossing illegally, its being an alleged spy. a true test would be to look at punishment for violating immigration laws. thats a valid comparison. the more i think about it, the STUPIDER this post is.

AND honestly, do you really want to emulate countries that hang people for being gay, where women are stoned for wearing jeans, where guerilla warfare is rampant?

thats another reason why this whole argument fails!
I just want to respond by saying this;

I came here as a foreigner by paying a lawyer a lot of money to help us with a visa (after we had been here on a tourist visa that any one can get who comes from certain countries without any costs). Our background was checked and the government knew who we were and that we had no criminal background.

In my native country we also have the illegal alien issues (muslims in the case of Europe's illegal aliens) and many of them end up doing criminal ativities.

IMO it isn't fair to the people who were born and raised in the US to have people of whom you don't know if they are honest or criminals...most of them are not on the run for their government just want a better life. Right now many Americans want a better life too and out of a job.

I think more immigrants should be allowed into the country since they will buy stuff over here and that way the economy will be growing. But they need to show they can be useful to the country and not a liability.

On top of that the E2 visa holders are treated in such an unfair way and that should have priority before any illegal has a chance to have a path to stay here legally.

An E2 visa holder has to hire American workers but if their own kids turn 21 they have to leave the country even if they have lived here for 20 years. After they sell their business they have 2 weeks to leave the country...is that fair if you had a business for 15 or 20 years and build your life over here. E2 gives no chance towards a green card...and rigth now some Dem. are talking to give GC or a path towards green cards to illegals. Something is wrong if you are willing to give an illegal a way towards a green card and not a legal alien on a E2 visa who provide for a job to American's instead of taking a job!
 
Old 03-11-2010, 02:14 PM
 
264 posts, read 389,730 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
An E2 visa holder has to hire American workers but if their own kids turn 21 they have to leave the country even if they have lived here for 20 years. After they sell their business they have 2 weeks to leave the country...is that fair if you had a business for 15 or 20 years and build your life over here. E2 gives no chance towards a green card...and rigth now some Dem. are talking to give GC or a path towards green cards to illegals. Something is wrong if you are willing to give an illegal a way towards a green card and not a legal alien on a E2 visa who provide for a job to American's instead of taking a job!
Quite frankly, your story reminds me of what a large number of foreigners experienced who were living in Cuba and North Korea a the time of their revolutions ('59 and '50, respectively).

Sometimes it sickens me beyond belief to see what has happened to this country. If we the American people can't win the next few battles and regain control of our government, I don't see that I will have other choice but to cut my losses and pull out of the country all together for the sake of my family and my future generations.

Last edited by Econolodge-911; 03-11-2010 at 02:33 PM..
 
Old 03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,057,654 times
Reputation: 2244
great.
super.
wondeful.

but is this a response to my post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I just want to respond by saying this;

I came here as a foreigner by paying a lawyer a lot of money to help us with a visa (after we had been here on a tourist visa that any one can get who comes from certain countries without any costs). Our background was checked and the government knew who we were and that we had no criminal background.

In my native country we also have the illegal alien issues (muslims in the case of Europe's illegal aliens) and many of them end up doing criminal ativities.

IMO it isn't fair to the people who were born and raised in the US to have people of whom you don't know if they are honest or criminals...most of them are not on the run for their government just want a better life. Right now many Americans want a better life too and out of a job.

I think more immigrants should be allowed into the country since they will buy stuff over here and that way the economy will be growing. But they need to show they can be useful to the country and not a liability.

On top of that the E2 visa holders are treated in such an unfair way and that should have priority before any illegal has a chance to have a path to stay here legally.

An E2 visa holder has to hire American workers but if their own kids turn 21 they have to leave the country even if they have lived here for 20 years. After they sell their business they have 2 weeks to leave the country...is that fair if you had a business for 15 or 20 years and build your life over here. E2 gives no chance towards a green card...and rigth now some Dem. are talking to give GC or a path towards green cards to illegals. Something is wrong if you are willing to give an illegal a way towards a green card and not a legal alien on a E2 visa who provide for a job to American's instead of taking a job!
 
Old 03-11-2010, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,861,877 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
great.
super.
wondeful.

but is this a response to my post?
No we don't want to emulate or copy every nations every given response to any given violation. However it is smart to see something that works and reapply it. Take making fire for example. I hate joe, Joe as far as I am concerned is a lunatic. I was taught to rub sticks together to make a fire. Joe? Well he uses matches. You bet I will adapt.
Some countries enforce capital punishment for pedophiles. Yes I think that we should too.
Some countries set very high standards for immigration. I think that we should too. We produce enough low and unskilled people on our own.
Some people guard their borders like they are trying to protect their country. Yes I think that we should too.
If I sneak into say mexico and get drunk and drive my car while drunk and kill a Mexican national. Well what will happen? I am certain that I will be thrown in a prison where gringo's won't last very long. Yes I am fine with that also.
So is it wrong to adopt another country's approach to a problem even if we don't agree with or even like the other country? NO it is smart.
I firmly believe that if an illegal in this country is caught, and he is using a false ID, not paying taxes,driving without a license or insurance then they need to be punished. Deportation is without question the least of what they should expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:55 AM.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top