Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 12:01 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Yeah...about that....I believe only CITIZENS OF THE US should be able to FILE LAWSUITS IN THE US...makes sense right? If I went over to Mexico and tried to sue someone ..they would probably laugh me right out the door.
Foreigners can't even buy property down SOB. Let's just say, it's very one-sided when we compare the US to Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 12:08 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Maybe you missed the part that this didn't happen in Nevada. Or in Texas. This was in Michigan.

Also, there was an affidavit to complete and sign for those who do not have a SSN. The parties of the lawsuit failed to complete them. There was nothing in the article stating that one HAD to have a SSN.

The fact that you are referring to Mary Hollinrake as a "he" further gives me the conclusion that you did not even bother to actually read the article that this thread is about.
No, I don't have to read it. Someone said it's a "federal requirement". It clearly is not.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
No, I don't have to read it. Someone said it's a "federal requirement". It clearly is not.
No, someone said the federal law specifies a SSN “shall” be required. Big difference.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, someone said the federal law specifies a SSN “shall” be required. Big difference.
They remind me of teenagers - they believe they know everything, and have no need to actually READ what the thread is about. And the more they open their mouth the more you realize they haven't got the faintest clue.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:09 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Quote:
They will have to rule in favor of them. What he did was wrong. You do not need a SSN. Foreigners who marry in Las Vegas don't have one. A couple I know did not have one, either. Texas does not require a SSN.
"foreigners" does NOT mean here illegally. One of the exemptions to having a SSN is to be here legally on some kind of visa (even a tourist visa). As cited in the article "having no legal status to be in the USA" is not a valid exemption - DING - done

Old 04-01-2010, 05:36 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
They remind me of teenagers - they believe they know everything, and have no need to actually READ what the thread is about. And the more they open their mouth the more you realize they haven't got the faintest clue.
Then set an example and start doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
"foreigners" does NOT mean here illegally. One of the exemptions to having a SSN is to be here legally on some kind of visa (even a tourist visa). As cited in the article "having no legal status to be in the USA" is not a valid exemption - DING - done
Ok..? Did I say that? No.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:48 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,426,497 times
Both couples need to be deported and that lawyer needs to have his law license removed and thrown in jail for aiding illegal aliens

Old 04-01-2010, 08:58 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Both couples need to be deported and that lawyer needs to have his law license removed and thrown in jail for aiding illegal aliens
Ditto.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Then set an example and start doing it.

Ok..? Did I say that? No.
Face it - you are completely out of gas in this thread. You failed to understand the points made in it because you didn't even bother to read the article. It's time to pack up your marbles. We'd be glad to have you back once you've read up on the subject and have an informed opinion to share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration