Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:50 AM

776 posts, read 1,275,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In her summation, the Suffolk County assistant district attorney prosecuting the case, Megan O’Donnell, said that Mr. Conroy’s intent to kill was evident, because the entire blade went into Mr. Lucero’s chest area and was stopped only by the handle, and because the knife went in, came partly out and went back in, in two separate thrusts.

Prosecutors said Mr. Lucero, a 37-year-old worker at a dry cleaning shop from Gualaceo, Ecuador, was surrounded and attacked by Mr. Conroy and six other teenagers in a parking lot of the Long Island Rail Road train station in Patchogue shortly before midnight on Nov. 8, 2008. Mr. Lucero and his friend were walking to another friend’s house. Mr. Conroy and his six friends were out walking, too, on the hunt, prosecutors said, for Hispanic men to beat up, a frequent activity that they referred to as “Mexican hopping” and “beaner hopping.” NY Times link
This punk loser who killed the dry cleaning shop worker—I wonder how his crime will affect his own life? He will spend the next decade or so behind bars. What kind of life as an ex-con can he expect when he gets out? How will it affect the criminal’s parents having their son in prison for murder? His brothers and sisters? Not to mention the affect on the dead victim’s family and friends.

I just don’t understand how people can be so evil. And the cowardly internets people who anonymously type racial slurs into their computers do not help the situation out any.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:58 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
All fine and dandy but it didn't say the guy was an Illegal. You've got the wrong forum.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
All fine and dandy but it didn't say the guy was an Illegal. You've got the wrong forum.
Oh. I thought you assumed everyone with brown skin was an illegal? Or maybe just when it suits whatever you happen to be spouting off about at the time.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:11 AM

897 posts, read 1,592,344 times
Quote:
Heh. Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Oh. I thought you assumed everyone with brown skin was an illegal? Or maybe just when it suits whatever you happen to be spouting off about at the time.
Again, hit the nail on the head.

As far as your OP: The sad thing is that this murderer will only use this experience as an excuse for the rest of his life and so will his family. They won't see it as though he did something wrong but instead will think that if it wasn't for "Mexicans" being here, he wouldn't have been out there causing trouble.

Once he is in prison he will only get worse because prisons are divided by race. One can only hope he gets murdered in there himself.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:12 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,112 times
Quote:
This punk loser who killed the dry cleaning shop worker—I wonder how his crime will affect his own life? He will spend the next decade or so behind bars. What kind of life as an ex-con can he expect when he gets out? How will it affect the criminal’s parents having their son in prison for murder? His brothers and sisters? Not to mention the affect on the dead victim’s family and friends.

I just don’t understand how people can be so evil. And the cowardly internets people who anonymously type racial slurs into their computers do not help the situation out any.

This little wild animal will pay for all of us responsible for his evil .

Likely it was a criminal he murdered who probably has many kids who will steal his future and destroy his country . But thats no excuse for what he did anymore than it's excusable for all the murders ,rapes and other crimes that illegals commit agains Americans .

I bet the prison he is sent to will be full of latinos who are usually the majority now ..

Old 04-19-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
oooooooo The race card.

Pay attention in school. There is illegal immigration and there is legal immigration. Please make a note of it.

Legal = good
Illegal = bad

Old 04-19-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
Heh. Indeed.

Again, hit the nail on the head.

As far as your OP: The sad thing is that this murderer will only use this experience as an excuse for the rest of his life and so will his family. They won't see it as though he did something wrong but instead will think that if it wasn't for "Mexicans" being here, he wouldn't have been out there causing trouble.

Once he is in prison he will only get worse because prisons are divided by race. One can only hope he gets murdered in there himself.
I wonder why he didn't get the death penalty? He should have. I also bet he wouldn't have been man enough to do it alone. Gangs are for cowards. Anyway, wrong forum. It appears to be a troll post in the ILLEGAL immigration forum and the OP is trying to tie all immigration together, as usual.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:36 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:

There's a special place in hell for adults who animate children into evil pouring garbage in their ears. Those cowards deserve to be held in court at the same trial with greater consequence.

Mind you, Long Island was never a place that had racial tensions going on until illegal immigrants inundated their economy. That's poor policy from the top pitting the bottom classes against one another, and the only winners in that scenario are those profiting from the strife and disparity of pay. State and local officials have had their hands tied behind their backs because immigration laws failed to be enforced by federal authorities.

I do not have to hate any class or race to see clearly that this mismanagement of policy has had a ruinous effect upon the fabric of society. No honest immigrant should be subject to the grievances people have with abuses of the law. That is what's being animated by ignorant people, and it will continue until illegal immigrants are dealt with directly. Neglect is answered by abuse, and neither are acceptable.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
oooooooo The race card.

Pay attention in school. There is illegal immigration and there is legal immigration. Please make a note of it.

Legal = good
Illegal = bad
Please make note of this, from an earlier NY Times about the racist attack of Mr. Lucero:
Quote:
Mr. Loja said he took two steps back, and then the insults started. Mr. Loja said the group called him and Mr. Lucero “Mexicans” and “illegals” and used racial and ethnic slurs against blacks and Hispanics.
link

Quote:
It appears to be a troll post in the ILLEGAL immigration forum and the OP is trying to tie all immigration together, as usual.
As far as me being a troll, I hope you realize that a “troll” is not simply someone who has an opinion other than your own. Maybe YOU should pay attention in school. Or, for that matter, try going to school. And meeting others with diverse opinions. Not all people are narrow minded hate-spewing goobers you know.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:49 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
'Narrow minded hate-spewing goobers' - interesting expression, especially since the previous post is attacking another forum member personally instead of discussing the subject of the thread. Also interesting, that no one else in the thread needed to lower themselves to such a low level of personal expression.

Your personal attack has been duly noted and reported to the mods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration