Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 06:11 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times

Advertisements

I came across a post on here that talked about how Americans were also illegally in other countries at some point as if it somehow could justify illegal aliens coming here.

So I decided to come up with this thread.

What are some of the funny/most ridiculous things you have heard illegal aliens and their supporters say/do?

I will start...

When defending illegal immigration, one must:

* Use the race card
* Use the "they are just doing jobs Americans won't do" excuse along with
* The "They just want a better life" excuse
* Say "You're illegal too. Go back to Europe!"
* Ask you "Who is going to mow your lawn, clean your toilets, cook your food?"
* Make you look like a thief: "We are the indigenous people of America. We were here first and you stole this land from us.. Now go back to where you came from!"
* Play the guilt card: "You would do the exact same thing if you had to feed your family and could not find a job in your homeland!" (and by that they mean cross the border illegally)
* Tell others "They have a DREAM too. Leave them alone!"
* Make them look like victims: "They are only stealing Social Security numbers and IDs to work in the US because the government will NOT give them their own!"
* Play the sympathy card: "It is not their fault their parents brought them here against their will. They are innocent!"

Have fun!

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 08-15-2011 at 06:19 AM..

Old 08-15-2011, 06:24 AM

327 posts, read 320,291 times
Funny thing is none of those are justifications for breaking our laws

Old 08-15-2011, 06:25 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
Funny thing is none of those are justifications for breaking our laws
You are telling me! But they think it is.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:34 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times
~ my mother is sick and my brothers and fathers are in jail in Mexico so I had to come to America to send them money

~ There is not enough food to eat where I live in Mexico so I had to come here where I don't have to pay for it

Old 08-15-2011, 06:47 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
I could make a list a mile long but I will just start with these.

*If you dare mention the fact that the majority are Mexicans or other Latinos you are a racist and you don't care that there are other illegals here also. You only hate Mexicans. Facts are racist!

*If you dare mention the fact that when illegal immigration is coming from mostly one ethnic group or nationality and thereby not assimilating and colonizing instead which results in the dilution of our identity, culture and language as a nation you are a "white" racist.

*If we dare make laws to ask for proof of legality in this country when a Hispanic is stopped during lawful contact with LE and can't produce a valid DL or other I.D. it is racial profiling!

*If we dare support legislation to have birthright citizenship re-interpreted it is targeting Hispanics only and you are a racist!

There are numerous others but these are at the top of my list right now.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:59 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times
They funny thing is they think its legal immigration

Old 08-15-2011, 07:33 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,690 times
Say 1070 here in Arizona an SOME people scream racsism.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
I just love the excuse that our laws are inhumane and unfair, so naturally they deserve to be ignored. Of course, they only believe this, because they support open borders, but ONLY for those SOB.

The comparison to the Civil Rights Movement is another of my favorites.

Oh, let’s not forget, “Well, citizens also commit crimes,” as if that somehow justifies criminal behavior by illegals.

Also, the “imaginary line” argument is absolutely hilarious.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:00 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,601 times
"Allowing for higher labor mobility will result in labor supply more adequately meeting demand."

LOL what does that even mean amirite guys?

Old 08-15-2011, 08:19 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,736 times
Hey guys.

When chicagonut says stuff like "I want to maintain a majority white culture in the US" and "I don't care if they are illegal or legal, there's too many hispanics" and someone responds to that, it's not the second person "playing the race card."

When people point out that "citizens also commit crimes," they're not trying to justify crimes committed by immigrants.

And yes, chicagonut, if you make a law requiring hispanics to prove their legality upon demand, yeah, that's kinda racist. It's pretty amazing that someone would have to explain that to an adult. Oh, and pointing this out is (again) not "playing the race card". Hey, here's an idea: if you don't want people using the word "racist" to describe you, maybe you should stop supporting BLATANTLY racist policies. Just a thought.

I'm not sure what OP thinks she's accomplishing by making a "greatest hits" of strawmen here. Pretty much none of the statements in the OP are really necessary to show that anti-immigration restrictions are a bad idea. But hey, it got chicagonut to post some more racist stuff while at the same time complaining about people recognizing her racism, so that was kinda funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration