Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:52 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyconi View Post
Wait, so let me get this straight, because I feel that white people, such as myself, do not have the right to discriminate and exterminate all non-whites, homosexuals and women, I therefore don't like white people and am racist. Is that the basic gist of what you're saying?

Wow. You sound like a real intelligent person who clearly knows what he's talking about.
I hope that every single day of your life you make choices based on discrimination.

You have to discriminate in order to stay alive. That's why you are here today because your ancestors discriminated (e.g. made choices with regard to their own personal welfare).

The welfare of Arizona is at stake because of an invasion of people primarily from Mexico and points south of their border who have NO IDENTIFICATION and NO LEGAL AUTHORITY to walk on the soil of Arizona or enter the United States legally.

And you tell me that we shouldn't discriminate between people who are CITIZENS, NON-CITIZEN LEGAL RESIDENTS, AND ILLEGALS in Arizona?

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

In fact, Arizona changing their laws might actually benefit that state and the USA because an increase in the identity checks may prove to benefit our national security. There is a drug war being fought on the southern border, and the stress level is increasing in those border states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 04:03 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
NOBODY here legally SUFFERS.

So a police officer who asks you for your IDENTIFICATION WILL CAUSE YOU TO SUFFER?
Define IDENTIFICATION. What form of ID would you carry in AZ at all times?

Old 04-26-2010, 04:56 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
The proponents of illegal immagrtion fly the mexican flag.They like the politcians in the federal governamnt have only themsleves to blame for not enfoircing the laws on illegal entry.Now they want another amnesty bill like passed in the 80's which all they did was grant amnesty and ignore the border security. Too late now.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:41 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
This law is going to go nowhere outside of Phoenix. The cops here don't have the time money or interest to convert into glorified border patrol just because of wacky legislation and do not support it.

Now our state tax payer dollars have to go to this madness in the courts for the next 10 years instead of other dire pressing needs.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:57 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyconi View Post
You clearly didn't study much on history.

When Hitler risen into power in 1933 riding off of widespread hatred and distrust of Jews, he did exactly what Arizona just did, namely force Jews and other undesirables to wear identification on them at all times. Then he created various laws further discriminating them, until finally in 1942, 9 years later, he ordered the Holocaust.

The truth is, that this has NOTHING to do with so-called "illegal immigration" which doesn't even exist, it's just a lie created by racist and xenophobes, this is about whites in Arizona discriminating against all Hispanics. Because to them, there is no such thing as "legal immigration," ALL Hispanics are here "illegally" and must be deported or otherwise disposed of, immediately.

Sorry, but you're wrong, it is extremely Nazi-like.
You choose to believe what you want and I'll do the same, but I also happen to see some Nazi-like parallels that exist elsewhere and from this admin. more than any previous ones.

Bush was bad and I disliked the infringement that could so easily come with the likes of the Patriot Act and likely, has........but it's even more un-nerving NOW, under THIS admin. who chooses to retain the same infringement by allowing such a law to continue on.
A law that sooooo any on the Left despised GW for ever signing into law.
Yet....."their" man KEEPS it on the books since he has got to LOVE the power and control it gives HIM.

Throw into the mix....the desire of this radically, left admin. and THIS Govt. to one day soon, force a national ID card or microchip implant on the masses to "help them identify" whoever they want and for whatever purpose.......a purpose that could very well indeed......closely resemble that of what Germany and the Nazi Party implemented on their own people......way back in 1930's.
Maybe it helped the Nazi's to:
single out Jews, Catholics and whoever else Hitler HATED....and voila'.....mission accomplished and the rest is history.

WHO.....do they possibly wish to single out this time around....when history repeats itself?

I suppose we should sit back and wait to find out.

This IS the Bush legacy that stinks the most, IMO......and it might make some believe that the mess we are in today......was in the making for a long, long time and it was all deliberate.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:27 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,189,972 times
Why not? Obama has frequently been portrayed as Hitler. America is now officially a Nazi regime

Old 04-27-2010, 06:48 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto;
As I have pointed out, again, and again, and now once more time, the vast majority of 3,900,000 native born Americans, Puerto Ricans, do not speak english fluently. They constitute the second largest hispanic population.

Maybe a National ID is in order? One that lists your place of birth?

What is YOUR proposed alternative to enforcing immigration laws, if not being able to ask someone if they are here legally?

Immigration is supply side and demand side. Supply (illegal labor) and Demand (employers) need to be hit at the same time.

At the supply end, make it uncomfortable to be an illegal, get rid of birthright citizenship and public assistance. At the demand side, fine the h*ll out of companies who do not follow the law and hire undocumented (HA!) workers.

Either that or we can just annex Mexico and get it over with.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:12 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I saw some photos of the anti Arizona illegal alien bill protestors. These were freaks. Like how the opponents of the Tea Party protestors pretend them to be, but these are actually like that in real life. Weird costumes, bizarre signs, demanding money and services from the government. The exact opposite of the Tea Party supporters.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:40 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I saw some photos of the anti Arizona illegal alien bill protestors. These were freaks. Like how the opponents of the Tea Party protestors pretend them to be, but these are actually like that in real life. Weird costumes, bizarre signs, demanding money and services from the government. The exact opposite of the Tea Party supporters.
I assume you mean the "demanding money" part and not the weird costumes and bizarre signs.

Anyone with an ounce of sense can see this legislation is just going to cause Arizona taxpayers much more. In court battles, in lost business revenue due to people boycotting Arizona, including Mexican citizens that used to come over and are vital to the economic health of this state.

This is going to be a trainwreck, as sexy as it sounds to some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration