Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:25 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Random deportations worked under Ike's watch, will it stick this time? I'm thinking it will. Is the average American had it with special interest groups like La Raza and MECHA? I believe we have, come here legally or we will remove you seems to be the motto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 07:35 PM

313 posts, read 344,197 times
What's with you guys and glorifying pre 1960s America? Do you realize that is a time we progressed from, and never can return to?

Operation ******* is a perfect example of what the fears with SB 1070 are.
The solution to getting rid of illegal immigrants back then was the terrorizing of brown people.
Lots of American citizens were forced to self-deport, or just kicked out of their own country.

You have no idea of the abuses that took place in those days. They were people who couldn't speak up for themselves, and you guys just buy what the history books say. Gullible sheep.

:And your fatal mistake is that you think this is an illegal/mecha/"la raza" vs. American thing.

Its against those who hate illegals, and those who want to help potential immigrants, with a mix of poeple on both sides.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:57 PM

8,633 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
What's with you guys and glorifying pre 1960s America? Do you realize that is a time we progressed from, and never can return to?

The solution to getting rid of illegal immigrants back then was the terrorizing of brown people.
Lots of American citizens were forced to self-deport, or just kicked out of their own country.

You have no idea of the abuses that took place in those days. They were people who couldn't speak up for themselves, and you guys just buy what the history books say. Gullible sheep.

:And your fatal mistake is that you think this is an illegal/mecha/"la raza" vs. American thing.

Its against those who hate illegals, and those who want to help potential immigrants, with a mix of poeple on both sides.
It is not against those who hate illegals. It is against those who hate the values and laws that America stands for. It is against the drug trafficking, human smuggling, kidnappings, murders, crime, etc. that has been a direct result of not having secure borders and just allowing illegal immigrants to come into our country and do whatever the he** they feel like doing, and then turning around and crying racism whenever they don't get the handouts they expect. Unless you are living in Arizona, youdo not see day in/day out how the people of Arizona haven't been able to speak up for themselves thanks to our federal government turning a blind eye. Well, now we are speaking up.

You are of course turning this around to be about you and the poor illegal immigrants who haven't followed the laws and procedures of this country. AND, please do not pretend there is no "la raza" movement in Arizona to try to "reclaim what is ours". I've lived in AZ for nearly 20 years and I've heard it all. We're not idiots here and please do not try to pimp that the illegal immigrants are just honest, innocent, citizens. With all the energy they focus on trying to change OUR country to benefit them, they could've been trying to make a difference in their own country (Mexico).

I am not against immigration. My last partner came from Ukraine and followed the correct procedures. I am against people who aren't following the law and then expecting handouts, and then complaining that they are the targets of racism simply because they do not/cannot wish to supply the proper documentation to prove that they are citizens like all of the other hard working citizens who went through the proper channels (time, money, etc) to become legal citizens.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:14 PM

234 posts, read 241,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Random deportations worked under Ike's watch, will it stick this time? I'm thinking it will. Is the average American had it with special interest groups like La Raza and MECHA? I believe we have, come here legally or we will remove you seems to be the motto.

Incase you didn't know the random deportations of pre-civil rights era occurred because there were no civil rights. Many innocent Americans were discriminated against and even deported along with illegal immigrants.

Get a clue, those days of Bull Conner and Jim Crow are long gone.

It's horribly disturbing that your glorifying outright civil rights violations of the past.

It speaks volumes about your true agenda.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
It is not against those who hate illegals. It is against those who hate the values and laws that America stands for. It is against the drug trafficking, human smuggling, kidnappings, murders, crime, etc. that has been a direct result of not having secure borders and just allowing illegal immigrants to come into our country and do whatever the he** they feel like doing, and then turning around and crying racism whenever they don't get the handouts they expect. Unless you are living in Arizona, youdo not see day in/day out how the people of Arizona haven't been able to speak up for themselves thanks to our federal government turning a blind eye. Well, now we are speaking up.

You are of course turning this around to be about you and the poor illegal immigrants who haven't followed the laws and procedures of this country. AND, please do not pretend there is no "la raza" movement in Arizona to try to "reclaim what is ours". I've lived in AZ for nearly 20 years and I've heard it all. We're not idiots here and please do not try to pimp that the illegal immigrants are just honest, innocent, citizens. With all the energy they focus on trying to change OUR country to benefit them, they could've been trying to make a difference in their own country (Mexico).

I am not against immigration. My last partner came from Ukraine and followed the correct procedures. I am against people who aren't following the law and then expecting handouts, and then complaining that they are the targets of racism simply because they do not/cannot wish to supply the proper documentation to prove that they are citizens like all of the other hard working citizens who went through the proper channels (time, money, etc) to become legal citizens.
You had me until you began with the Reconquista fear mongering.

You really expect me to believe that Mexico is attempting to take back it's lost territories by sending their most poor to America?

Thanks for the laugh!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:30 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Incase you didn't know the random deportations of pre-civil rights era occurred because there were no civil rights. Many innocent Americans were discriminated against and even deported along with illegal immigrants.

Get a clue, those days of Bull Conner and Jim Crow are long gone.

It's horribly disturbing that your glorifying outright civil rights violations of the past.

It speaks volumes about your true agenda.
Tough to pull the illegal alien Mestizo Hispanic race card on an Apache Indian

Old 04-28-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Tough to pull the illegal alien Mestizo Hispanic race card on an Apache Indian
No not really, I just find it rather difficult to see how using a bunch of indigents can topple a Nation.

Lets not forget that everything that occurs to the United States regarding illegal immigration happens because we tolerate it, not becuase another Nation is forcing us to.

Most of those people who run with the Reconquista propaganda from both sides are opportunist and nothing more.

But hey, it makes for a good headline and laugh!

Old 04-28-2010, 09:46 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
No not really, I just find it rather difficult to see how using a bunch of indigents can topple a Nation.

Lets not forget that everything that occurs to the United States regarding illegal immigration happens because we tolerate it, not becuase another Nation is forcing us to.

Most of those people who run with the Reconquista propaganda from both sides are opportunist and nothing more.

But hey, it makes for a good headline and laugh!
The American people do not tolerate it our governent has. They apparently don't represent us anymore. They represent Mexico and other foreign interests and their corporate buddies.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
You had me until you began with the Reconquista fear mongering.

You really expect me to believe that Mexico is attempting to take back it's lost territories by sending their most poor to America?

Thanks for the laugh!
There may not be an attempt by the Mexican government to do that but there are Chicano nationalists in this country that do preach it. The illegal aliens are just their little foot soldiers to help them achieve their goal by sheer numbers for political control someday. You can't deny that many Mexicans in Mexico and those of Mexican descent in this country are still festering over some stolen land BS.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post

It isn't the racism of pre-1960 that we are glorifying. It is a lot of things back to a simpler time when there were far less problems in this country then we have now.

Potential immigrants wait in their countries and come legally. You don't come here illegally and then claim to be a potential immigrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration