Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:55 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times

Advertisements

I would LOVE to see some actual numbers.
If you stop & think, really, what kind of damage are they doing, on a state-by-state, & nationwide scale? Seriously, anyone here have ANY idea??? When I think of the welfare, free health care, these so-called "Jobs Americans Won't Do" that have led to nationwide unemployment skyrocketing, $$ we shell out for prisoners,police,education, etc. etc...

Anyone have a clue??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 12:12 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
Serious answer - it probably goes both ways depending on how many there are.

In places with only a few that use relatively few resources, it may result in a small net positive in the stereotypical liberal talking points. Construction labor, ...

In places where they congregate or travel through in large numbers I would guess that it's an enormous cost in terms of (literal) damage done to property and the environment, crime, theoretical job loss, and a large factor being the increase in use of resources from the city, county and state.

At the personal+federal level it's probably a disaster, mainly for those whose social security numbers are used and whose identity is stolen. It can take a LONG time to clean that sort of thing up and to deal with the IRS who would like taxes from all the income reported by that person's social security number.

IMO though the true number cannot be calculated at this point. Perhaps in 2011 AZ will be able to show the differences, depending on what the new law really does to levels of illegal immigration. My personal guess - I'd expect there to be much fewer public resources used (ERs, schools, ...) with a small loss to businesses that catered to the local and transient illegal population.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:18 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I would LOVE to see some actual numbers.
If you stop & think, really, what kind of damage are they doing, on a state-by-state, & nationwide scale? Seriously, anyone here have ANY idea??? When I think of the welfare, free health care, these so-called "Jobs Americans Won't Do" that have led to nationwide unemployment skyrocketing, $$ we shell out for prisoners,police,education, etc. etc...

Anyone have a clue??
1 Dollar is too much money but this should help u out

YouTube - Cost of Illegal Immigration

Old 05-10-2010, 12:55 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
1 Dollar is too much money but this should help u out

YouTube - Cost of Illegal Immigration
WOW.

WTF is WRONG w/ this country????? Why are we allowing this????????
Apparently people just don't KNOW, or don't CARE. American Idol is more important.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:05 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,221 times
This was a few years ago and the amount of money has got to be much higher. I don't think the main stream media has reported facts about this and has kept the American ppl informed. Just like alot of other issues they ignore, to stay in bed with the government.

Arizona did the right thing by enforcing the Federal Law that our government refuses to follow. Our country is in a financial crisis and it sure seems like our government would like to push us off the edge.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:44 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
WOW.

Apparently people just don't KNOW, or don't CARE. American Idol is more important.
Because it is "hip" and "open-minded" to support these people

Old 05-10-2010, 08:50 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Considering that most states have irresponsibly not documented that value, it is hard to say. However, if the social services programs and states released what they did know behind closed doors, we'd really know. For instance, working with state agencies, I know everything doesn't get reported, that keeps the nation from knowing when illegal immigrants receive assistance or are the receipients of tax-funded services. Like with food stamps, they don't go around making a measure and statistic of how many illegal immigrant families that had children born here are receiving food stamps/EBT. A lot of the numbers we see are deportation, medical costs, instances when they do know that illegal immigrants are receiving public assistance and definitely public education costs which is a huge amount. Think of all the children who are here illegally and are in public schools being taught and receiving free or reduced lunch.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:52 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
WOW.

Yep. I have some people in my daily work life who support illegal immigrants and I swear they never have a logical reason for supporting illegal immigrants. They get this sad look on their face when you explain the negative effects of illegal immigration and they say things like, "They just want to work," with this sigh and sad look. They know they are being illogical for supporting them in the face of us legal residents who they are stealing from, but they just don't care.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,588 times
Most illegal immigrants in this country are employed, some as 'casual' laborers, many at more than one job, and more often than not with sufficient documentation to convince employers that they have legal status (Or, more realistically, for the employer, enough documentation to pretend to inspecting authorities that there is reasonable doubt that they knew the worker's INS status.) Some are payed under the table, but most employers are smart enough to know that INS agents will know how many income tax and SSI accounts they pay into, and be able to compare that with the number of people found working on site. So, the employers pay into income tax, SSI, Medicare and any state tax obligations for those employees, knowing, probably, that the SSI numbers are false, stolen, or inactive (belong to tax payers who have died) Those monies are credited to the trust funds involved by the agencies that receive them. Illegal aliens will usually zero their exemptions, knowing that having none zero exemption status invites scrutiny. They can not file for income tax rebates, their tax and SSI and Medicare payments go unclaimed, and, frequently, unascribed to a valid account, similarly for state payroll taxes, and, of course they can't file for any tax credits or credits for state taxes, sales taxes, medical payments exceeding 10% of income, etc., etc. These payments are credited to the trust funds without attribution, and so, after just 3 years, become uncommitted funds. It is not clear whether these monies all go back into general revenue in, or just tax with SSI and Medicare funds used within their respective trust accounts. (Pure paperwork, there are no dedicated funds on deposit.) So, the contention that they contribute nothing to general revenue, SSI, and Medicare is just plain wrong. The IRS has admitted, before Congress, that immigrants, both legal and illegal tend to overpay their tax obligations.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:16 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Considering that most states have irresponsibly not documented that value, it is hard to say. However, if the social services programs and states released what they did know behind closed doors, we'd really know. For instance, working with state agencies, I know everything doesn't get reported, that keeps the nation from knowing when illegal immigrants receive assistance or are the receipients of tax-funded services. Like with food stamps, they don't go around making a measure and statistic of how many illegal immigrant families that had children born here are receiving food stamps/EBT. A lot of the numbers we see are deportation, medical costs, instances when they do know that illegal immigrants are receiving public assistance and definitely public education costs which is a huge amount. Think of all the children who are here illegally and are in public schools being taught and receiving free or reduced lunch.
Oh, yes they do! Read 'em and weep:

Welfare costs for children of illegal aliens in L.A. County over $48 million in June

It costs CA $7.7 billion a year to school the children of illegal aliens who now constitute 15 percent of the student body. Another $1.4 billion of the taxpayers' money goes toward providing health care to illegal aliens and their families, the same amount that is spent incarcerating illegal aliens criminals.

Illegal Immigration Costs California $10.5 Billion Annually

The writing is on the wall. The MSM is busy trying to cover it all up before the masses see what's really going on. Ca is like the guinea pig in this unfettered illegal invasion experiment. We are ground zero in measuring the damage to communities, to city/county/state budgets, to public property, you name it. There are token few parks left in my area that I even bother to take my kids because it pains me to see what the masses of illegals do to our community resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration