Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 08:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times

Advertisements

Austin Texas vowed to boycott and end all business ties with the government of Arizona.

Later reported that the City of Austin has NO business ties with the government of Arizona and the City Council was informed of that before their vote.

So..it's a big boycott of "nothing".

Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 08:26 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,397,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Austin Texas vowed to boycott and end all business ties with the government of Arizona.

Later reported that the City of Austin has NO business ties with the government of Arizona and the City Council was informed of that before their vote.

So..it's a big boycott of "nothing".

Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com
but their hearts are in the right place!

Old 05-13-2010, 08:27 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,035,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Who are you? The English police? Get a life and contribute to this forums topic and stop insulting people. Oh and DUH is so grammatically correct.
When a pretty female in a bikini asks me does she look good in a bikini i just say "DUH". She understands me.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:35 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,515,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
If the law is constitutional why is there a boycott? I understand a slight adjustment was made but not enough to satisfy those opposed. In America, we don't normally make minority ethnics "second-class" citizens. Cardinal Mahony called it "Nazi-like and Communistic." Churches in Arizona have also voiced opposition to the law. This is a moral issue of equal treatment for all Americans. Haven't you stopped to think that they may have a point?
Are you serious? No one has been able to explain what part is unconstitutional, not even Attorney General Eric Holder. He is against the law, but admitted never reading the ten page law. I would love someone to tell me which part is unconstitutional and I will have no problem opposing this law.

Mahoney should spend more time weeding out the child rapists in the church instead of protecting them. he needs to mind his own business.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:37 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,515,394 times
Quote:
but their hearts are in the right place!
No, more like pimping for votes. They gotta keep their names in the press some way. Even though most American are for the law, any press is good press. Well, at least to a politician.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:38 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,552,871 times
WELL WELL....LOOKIE HERE....

Quote:
Holder Admits to Not Reading Arizona's Immigration Law Despite Criticizing It

FOXNews.com

Despite repeatedly voicing concerns about Arizona's new immigration enforcement law in recent weeks and threatening to challenge it, Attorney General Eric Holder said Thursday he has not yet read the law, which is only 10 pages long.

FOXNews.com - Holder Admits to Not Reading Arizona's Immigration Law Despite Criticizing It
</H1>
Well ain't that a kick in the head! Attorney General "Stedman Graham" hasn't even read the dadblasted LAW!!!!!!!!!! But yet he's all over the good folks in Arizona for protecting themselves!!

Obama no doubt hasn't read it either!! Yet he's out talking about being harassed at Baskin and Robbins!!

What a piece of work we have in charge.....all of them!!!

THIS THING HAS FEWER PAGES THAN THE HEALTHCARE BILL AND THEY STILL WON'T READ IT!!!!! TEN PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2010, 08:41 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,681 times
So what say you? The deal is none who screamed racism read the law. And before it was amended, it was fine just as written.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:42 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,397,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Are you serious? No one has been able to explain what part is unconstitutional, not even Attorney General Eric Holder. He is against the law, but admitted never reading the ten page law. I would love someone to tell me which part is unconstitutional and I will have no problem opposing this law.

Mahoney should spend more time weeding out the child rapists in the church instead of protecting them. he needs to mind his own business.
you might be right!

The issue is racial profiling highly offensive to Latinos. Getting technical is pointless unless your read public sentiment. The marches & boycotts are against Arizona [not in support of Arizona]. Arizona will make decisions based on out-of-state pressure because ultimately money counts!

Old 05-13-2010, 08:52 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
you might be right!

The issue is racial profiling highly offensive to Latinos. Getting technical is pointless unless your read public sentiment. The marches & boycotts are against Arizona [not in support of Arizona]. Arizona will make decisions based on out-of-state pressure because ultimately money counts!
But there is NO racial profiling allowed in this law! God, I am getting a headache.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:56 PM

61 posts, read 75,989 times
California has completely sold out to Illegal Aliens that have clearly violated are laws. I guess social justice trumps rule of law now days. What's next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration