Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2007, 01:12 PM

667 posts, read 2,300,983 times

Advertisements

I'm going back to my roots! But I've been away from the STL area for about 4 years. Collinsville, IL is where we will be parking, so any info on schools (I have a boy about to start kindergarten), employment, crime, etc. I'm so excited! Try not to bum me out, but honesty appreciated! See ya'll soon. RachelEve

Last edited by collected_eve; 09-27-2007 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: whoops!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 08:08 PM

275 posts, read 1,125,026 times
If you haven't been living in the area for 4 years, you will probably be pleasantly surprised by the growth in Maryville. It has really grown over the past few years. It is in the Collinsville school district and I hear great things about the elementary school in Maryville. I suggest you check out two helpful, unbiased school websites: GreatSchools.net and Interactive Illinois Report Card. Also, Troy has experienced a lot of growth and their schools enjoy a great reputation. I live in Edwardsville, and we also have experienced tremendous growth and the schools have a great reputation. Collinsville has the whole new area with the big chain stores and even a Starbucks! Lots of great things happening on this side of the river. You have a lot of possibilities and it will be a great time for you to buy a home if you are looking at that route. Good luck and congrats on making it back to the area!

Last edited by CellarBelle; 09-27-2007 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: typo - of course!

Old 10-02-2007, 04:20 PM

285 posts, read 1,068,322 times
Of course the employment opportunities are awesome because of the adjacency to St. Louis, and St. Clair County keeps growing in leaps and bounds. Actually, all of the metro east is.

Also, a new MLS (major league soccer) stadium has been proposed and I believe Collinsville will see a new stadium/MLS team in either 09 or 10.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:39 PM

667 posts, read 2,300,983 times
Even though I've only heard from 2 people, both are very uplifting comments!! Thank you & if you have even the littlest bit of info to add, PLEASE DO!! I'm SO excited!! Thanks

Old 10-10-2007, 03:20 PM

4 posts, read 17,839 times
Collinsville just had their Italian Fest. Good food, and lots of people. You will like their new shopping area. I just learned that Illinois is the largest pumpkin producer state. Relleke's has a great Pumpkinfest. (This week-end?) It's fabulous for kids.
Splash City is also fun for younger kids.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:23 PM

175 posts, read 1,485,947 times
It is generally a safe town, a good place to raise kids. I've never had a problem or crime in 20 years. Only takes 15 minutes to get to downtown St.Louis! The downsides? Not a lot to do if you are young and want to go 'clubbing'. Most of your St.Louis friends don't want to drive 'all the way' across the river, so you end up meeting your friends on the West side instead (St.Louis area). Also, some hoosiers live in Collinsville, but typical for a small midwest town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois