Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does the "Religious Freedom Restoration Act" represent the beliefs, feelings, and values o
Yes, and I support it. 5 10.42%
Yes, but I do not support it. 2 4.17%
No, but I support it. 1 2.08%
No, and I do not support it. 35 72.92%
I do not know 5 10.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 09:42 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
Your opinion on matters thousands of miles away should be, in a sane society, of zero importance.
Now there is an "intelligent" reply. If you live far enough from me, your opinion means "zilch."

carry on...

Old 04-01-2015, 09:44 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Your opinion on matters thousands of miles away should be, in a sane society, of zero importance.
Your statement is narrowminded and ignorant. Conservatives have been trying this in many states including mine. Georgia just finished debating its own religious freedom bill in our current legislative session. It ultimately failed when a committee attached language explicitly stating that the bill could not be used to discriminate. The bill's proponents said this "gutted" the bill and that it could no longer accomplish what was intended. The reason for this is obvious, as the very purpose these bills were brought forward was to allow discrimination. It's the social cons response to the increasing normalization of gay rights in our society.

Here's a link to the thread for ours. http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...t-survive.html

Old 04-01-2015, 10:05 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,394,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Your statement is narrowminded and ignorant. Conservatives have been trying this in many states including mine. Georgia just finished debating its own religious freedom bill in our current legislative session. It ultimately failed when a committee attached language explicitly stating that the bill could not be used to discriminate. The bill's proponents said this "gutted" the bill and that it could no longer accomplish what was intended. The reason for this is obvious, as the very purpose these bills were brought forward was to allow discrimination. It's the social cons response to the increasing normalization of gay rights in our society.

Here's a link to the thread for ours. http://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...t-survive.html
I think it's a perfectly reasonable thing for me to ask. It's not only a belief upheld by me but also the US Constitution. You should have as much say in a law in Indiana or South Dakota as you do in Iraq.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I think it's a perfectly reasonable thing for me to ask. It's not only a belief upheld by me but also the US Constitution. You should have as much say in a law in Indiana or South Dakota as you do in Iraq.
I think you will be disappointed this summer.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:14 PM

428 posts, read 643,522 times
This is worth repeating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I know, isn't it a shame? As a kid in Alabama I remember those same deeply religious people protesting that it was against their religion to serve black and white people in the same restaurant--- or, as a white person, be forced to drink from the same water fountain as the children of Ham.

I also remember reading the Treaty of Tripoli, composed under George Washington and signed by John Adams, which declared emphatically to the Muslim city-state of Tripoli that this nation is not founded on the Christian religion.

I have an even better boycott. Why don't we in other states tell people with Indiana license plates we don't want their business because it's against our religion. Travel out of state with Indiana tags and risk getting refused service. Required to show your driver's license? "Oh, I'm sorry, sir, we don't serve people from Indiana. We prefer people from places where EQULITY IN COMMERCE is practiced."

If you're going to be a right wing extremist then be a libertarian. They are conservative fiscally but have the good sense to keep their noses out of other people's business and to exercise EQUALITY IN COMMERCE.

Tea party nuts are the most dangerous threat to freedom of everyone's religion that have popped up in decades.

It's amazing what lies right wing extremists tell to try to dominate America with their inflammatory religion.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I think you will be disappointed this summer.
On one hand I would love an opportunity to wrap my hands around the throat of those responsible but on the other hand I realize the thing to do at this point is to allow the freak show, like a parasite, to run its course and rot from the inside out. The United States isn't an eternal nation.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:26 PM

428 posts, read 643,522 times
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post

QUOTE"Being gay is a choice, being black is not. Its disgusting to compare the struggles gays face to what blacks have been through, you should be ashamed and embarrassed to compare the two. Oh and before you say being gay is not a choice, please provide scientific proof from numerous, respected professionals who have come to a conclusion that supports yours. We'll be waiting..." QUOTE

So do tell--how old were you when you chose your sexual orientation? Did you think long and hard about it? Gather the facts and then choose? Did you folks help you choose? Your religion?

Old 04-01-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
On one hand I would love an opportunity to wrap my hands around the throat of those responsible but on the other hand I realize the thing to do at this point is to allow the freak show, like a parasite, to run its course and rot from the inside out. The United States isn't an eternal nation.
Oh ok, so you're one of those "gays will lead to the downfall of the nation" types. Thought so.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Oh ok, so you're one of those "gays will lead to the downfall of the nation" types. Thought so.
A variety of factors would, not gays. I don't think I need to be any more specific. I've made myself as clear as I'm willing to and I'm bored with this thread as you can now tell.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:46 PM

Quote:
A variety of factors would, not gays. I don't think I need to be any more specific. I've made myself as clear as I'm willing to and I'm bored with this thread as you can probably now tell.
Yes I can. You seem less interested as it's slowly become more clear how vacuous your argument is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana