Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 01:53 PM

525 posts, read 726,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
Such an Indiana answer.

Put yourself out there, meet people thru work and neighbors. Move somewhere in town where the people are.
Church, seriously, might not be bad for this. Also, an upscale bar (sip an iced tea and go with friends) or coffeehouse might also be the ticket.

Agreed, you don't have to go to some sports bar and deal with some semi-drunk clown in his XXL Jeff Saturday Colts jersey throwing F-bombs at the game on TV while eating nuclear chicken wings. But you have to make yourself available in other local settings, I guess.
It sounds like a social suicide if you are a St. Louis Cardinal, Ohio State Buckeye, and Green Bay Packer fan living in Indianapolis. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 01:58 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,290,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiNerd1 View Post
It sounds like a social suicide if you are a St. Louis Cardinal, Ohio State Buckeye, and Green Bay Packer fan living in Indianapolis. LOL
Not really. I know some of each living in Indy and elsewhere in Indiana. A popular local bar and grill in Fishers is owned by a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan and he makes no effort to hide it. (The place is packed with Steelers fans, which there is a strange number of in Indy, when they play.)

Old 10-23-2014, 03:16 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,567,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiNerd1 View Post
Ridiculous. I've run across several fans of each of these teams in Indy.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:58 PM

51 posts, read 138,418 times
Maybe join an internet dating site...you can do some "previewing" there. Just be yourself...maybe offer to help out some causes in the area...cancer walks, non-profits... anything where you are around people that have good hearts.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:25 PM

35,196 posts, read 31,523,947 times
This is one complaint I have about Indy is that the dating scene just seems to suck. It seems like many folks still marry young, and that the dating scene by the time you hit 30 (if you don't want to date single parents, etc.) just doesn't have much selection.

I'll be thirty in April and it's hard to find a single woman around my age that has a decent job making $50k+, isn't taken, and doesn't have kids or a lot of personal baggage.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:09 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,697,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by postpast View Post
Hi, I'm a single successful professional woman, educated and intelligent, 31, who just moved to Indy last year. I was quite happy when I received the offer from Indy because it is one of the few cities in the mid west. Friends also told me that I might be able to find a group of single professional guys in their 30s to start a long term relationship and more. The problem is that ever since I moved here it seems that almost everyone is married, or never interested in getting married, or just not my type (education-wise). Bummer. I tried meetup groups and match with not much avail. I consider myself pretty, attractive, slim, and treating people well. My only problem is that I do not drink and this has kept me away from a lot of meeting folks through sports bars. As days are passing by my doubt starts to increase: Is Indy a dateless place or did I miss any place(s) that I should have visited? I love my job and really hate to give it up to go to another town, Any insights would be helpful!
If you have all these problems in Indy, you'll probably have them anywhere you go, to a certain degree.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:25 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,290,206 times
The original post is almost 5 years old. Is she still looking for dating advice I wonder?

Old 01-28-2016, 05:28 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,567,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
This is one complaint I have about Indy is that the dating scene just seems to suck. It seems like many folks still marry young, and that the dating scene by the time you hit 30 (if you don't want to date single parents, etc.) just doesn't have much selection.

I'll be thirty in April and it's hard to find a single woman around my age that has a decent job making $50k+, isn't taken, and doesn't have kids or a lot of personal baggage.
Well, you're a bit older than the median age for marriage for U.S. women. You really shouldn't be that shocked. Interesting to have an income requirement. Perhaps you're narrowing the pool too much?

http://mic.com/articles/92361/the-me...aps#.Sss3bWn2G

Old 01-28-2016, 07:45 PM

20 posts, read 30,859 times
Hey, I'm a single woman turning 30 this year! Haha. I agree, Indy is NOT a good place for professional singletons. It is one of the reasons I am looking to move out of here.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:17 PM

35,196 posts, read 31,523,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Well, you're a bit older than the median age for marriage for U.S. women. You really shouldn't be that shocked. Interesting to have an income requirement. Perhaps you're narrowing the pool too much?

The Median Age of Marriage in Every State in the U.S., in Two Maps - Mic
Maybe I am, but I'm in a major city, not somewhere in the sticks. You'd think with this many people the pool would be bigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis