Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 05:59 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,288,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I drove 69 from Evansville to Crane a couple years ago. I don't remember it being particularly scenic or hilly. But after I exited at Crane I took a state Highway - I believe it was HWY 54, but dont quote me on that - to the west side of Bloomington to HWY 31 or 37 - and it was a fairly hilly, a nice winding country road that felt like time had stood still.
That would have been 45, and it does have an intersection with 54.

He was talking about the new section of I-69 that opened last December between Crane and Bloomington. It is quite hilly to the point I don't think I would want to drive on it in the snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 06:36 AM

4,504 posts, read 4,615,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
That would have been 45, and it does have an intersection with 54.

He was talking about the new section of I-69 that opened last December between Crane and Bloomington. It is quite hilly to the point I don't think I would want to drive on it in the snow.
Yeah I looked it up on my Rand McNally Road Atlas and it does look like 69 is nearly complete to Bloomington. I also looked at the atlas and it was HWY 231 that I exited at Crane a couple years ago. Followed 231 to HWY 54 and then to 37 to just west of Bloomington.

I'll be glad when I-69 is complete all the way to Houston. It will give us another route to take on trips back to Muncie.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:35 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times
I 69 is complete to the southside of Bloomington/Monroe County. It now connects with 37. Work on 37, between Bloomington and Martinsville, will be completed in the next couple of years.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:28 PM

202 posts, read 231,269 times
What happened? I thought the discussion was about finding a mate?????

Old 02-04-2016, 02:41 PM

918 posts, read 1,697,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
What happened? I thought the discussion was about finding a mate?????
Some topics take on a life of their own and evolve into a discussion about finding the perfect stretch of highway to drive on.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:21 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,682,890 times
As for finding a guy in Indy? It's not as if all the unattached successful males go to some warehouse after work and hang around, waiting to be "chosen" by any female that happens by.

To the original poster: you're not going to meet anyone hanging around your house. Go out and do something. That's where the guys are. Out doing something.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:36 PM

26,406 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
It's just boring, that's all. While I have no problem setting the cruise and running through hours of podcasts, it's nice to have a little visual entertainment as well.

I once drove the better part of the length of Alberta, and it was so flat it took an airplane nearly 40 minutes to transit from one horizon to the other.

Now that's boring....

RM
Best areas of Indiana for topographical change are probably Brown County, Crawford County, Orange County, and Monroe County. Honorable mention for steep hills and curved roads go to Washington County, Switzerland County, and Dearborn County.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:02 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,375,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Best areas of Indiana for topographical change are probably Brown County, Crawford County, Orange County, and Monroe County. Honorable mention for steep hills and curved roads go to Washington County, Switzerland County, and Dearborn County.
Absolutely.

I have family in the Batesville area, and I always enjoyed driving around down there, and I spent a lot of time in Monroe and Brown Counties as a teenager. Certainly a very different part of Indiana than the rest of the state.

RM

Old 02-13-2016, 09:23 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,581,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by postpast View Post
Hi, I'm a single successful professional woman, educated and intelligent, 31, who just moved to Indy last year. I was quite happy when I received the offer from Indy because it is one of the few cities in the mid west. Friends also told me that I might be able to find a group of single professional guys in their 30s to start a long term relationship and more. The problem is that ever since I moved here it seems that almost everyone is married, or never interested in getting married, or just not my type (education-wise). Bummer. I tried meetup groups and match with not much avail. I consider myself pretty, attractive, slim, and treating people well. My only problem is that I do not drink and this has kept me away from a lot of meeting folks through sports bars. As days are passing by my doubt starts to increase: Is Indy a dateless place or did I miss any place(s) that I should have visited? I love my job and really hate to give it up to go to another town, Any insights would be helpful!
I'm totally awesome too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis