Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 03:36 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,564,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
Of course they are. ANY criticism of Obama is 100% based on racism according to some in the media and all Democrats. That is where this is heading. You criticize anything about Obama and you're a vile racist. What was really laughable was the Afternoon with Amos show. He used the example of TP members (some) bringing nooses to rallies. He was basically saying that those examples were examples of lynching. But, he then tries to defend Andre's comment saying that since he never used the actual l-word, his comments could be taken as hanging black people a/k/a lynching black people. Talk about two sided. Nooses=lynching, talking about people hanging from trees doesn't mean lynching? I think it is pretty clear what Andre was saying and its implied meaning. I will give him credit that he did say "some" and not "all."

However, if it is OK for Andre to claiming political enemies want to engage in murder, it is now whole acceptable for people of other political beliefs to say the exact same thing, so long they use the word "some."
But that's what's most insidious. He knows that people will be riled up when says those things. And do you think the average black person will rememebert the word "some"??? Heck no!!! all they heard was TEA PARTY!

Andre knows what he's doing!

and AMos is a race baiter from waaaay!

Old 09-01-2011, 04:24 AM

423 posts, read 1,250,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themag62 View Post

Of course this was in the 1920s, but this kind of social acceptablity for racism takes multiple generations to change. Indy is the only place I've ever lived where I experienced, repeatedly, white folks assuming it was ok to make blatantly racist remarks about AAs in conversation with another white person. It was assumed you were ok with it because you are white too. If this has changed now, I'm delighted.
And apparently, based on your posting history, you moved to Chicago, which, fortunately for you, has no history of racially divisive politics. No real differences in income or ethnicity between the Southside and the Northside, because in Chicago there's essentially no segregation--everyone gets along really well and the suburbanites think the city government is just super. Most suburbanites would move back into the city in a heartbeat, just so their tax dollars can support the well-oiled Maserati that is the City of Chicago or the venerable Chicago public school system. All the politicians there have squeaky clean images because, let's face it, people in Chicago are just too well-educated and cosmopolitan ever to say or even think something racist or prejudiced, or to vote for someone with an even slightly tarnished reputation. Man, the folks in Indy must be seething with jealousy--but thanks for reminding us of our lowly place in this world!

Old 09-01-2011, 05:59 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,160,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
Of course they are. ANY criticism of Obama is 100% based on racism according to some in the media and all Democrats. That is where this is heading. You criticize anything about Obama and you're a vile racist. What was really laughable was the Afternoon with Amos show. He used the example of TP members (some) bringing nooses to rallies. He was basically saying that those examples were examples of lynching. But, he then tries to defend Andre's comment saying that since he never used the actual l-word, his comments could be taken as hanging black people a/k/a lynching black people. Talk about two sided. Nooses=lynching, talking about people hanging from trees doesn't mean lynching? I think it is pretty clear what Andre was saying and its implied meaning. I will give him credit that he did say "some" and not "all."

However, if it is OK for Andre to claiming political enemies want to engage in murder, it is now whole acceptable for people of other political beliefs to say the exact same thing, so long they use the word "some."
No Indy, criticism is ok, it's the outright derogatory names that's wrong. As I stated, until a white person sees outrage with our president being called a tar baby, there isn't anything you can say about what Carson said and have credibility because as he stated in his phone interview on WTHR yesterday afternoon until these same people stand up and chastise their cohorts for their wording, his words have a tinge of truth to them. So far no one has said anything, you all quiet as a mouse about it.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:11 AM

3,412 posts, read 3,459,094 times
Who called the prez a tar baby? It is wrong and i as a white person i am offended. I am also offended by carsons statements. It seams who come out of a dems mouth accusing someone of something is actually a reflection of that persons own belief. So if carson is calling some tea partiers racist hes actually admitting hes a racist. His comments prove it. If you think someone want to hang people by trees you have a racist view of people. Unless he actually heard some tea party members actually say it in front of him. Oh ya he also said before that while walking with nancy pelosi that he was called the n word. But not 1 carmera at that historical health care walk picked it up. He must be hearing things again. He needs to get that checked out.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:21 AM

93,828 posts, read 124,582,792 times
What's more scary is that some Guy on Hannity's show on FOX had the nerve to say that Carson's comments came from "Obama's camp". Really!

Unfortunately, there is some truth to Carson's statement.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:59 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,557,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post

Baloney. I'm no fan of the teabag movement, but Carson's statement was way over the top. No doubt a lot of tea party-types believe that many AAs are too dependent on government programs and should assume more personal responsibility (right or wrong -- I'm not looking to argue the validity of that view), but that does not equate to having AAs lynched. Carson should apologize.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:33 AM

3,412 posts, read 3,459,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
What's more scary is that some Guy on Hannity's show on FOX had the nerve to say that Carson's comments came from "Obama's camp". Really!

The only truth to carsons statement is it shows how racist he is. Plus he uses statement like that to advance his own career.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:23 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,564,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
No Indy, criticism is ok, it's the outright derogatory names that's wrong. As I stated, until a white person sees outrage with our president being called a tar baby, there isn't anything you can say about what Carson said and have credibility because as he stated in his phone interview on WTHR yesterday afternoon until these same people stand up and chastise their cohorts for their wording, his words have a tinge of truth to them. So far no one has said anything, you all quiet as a mouse about it.

You still doubling down on this?? As long as we are just as mad at White Democrats for saying racist things! So...are you angry with Harry Reid? Biden? Slick Willie?? How about Al Gore's dad who tried to block the civil rights bill?

Old 09-01-2011, 09:28 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,527,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalcedony View Post
And apparently, based on your posting history, you moved to Chicago, which, fortunately for you, has no history of racially divisive politics. No real differences in income or ethnicity between the Southside and the Northside, because in Chicago there's essentially no segregation--everyone gets along really well and the suburbanites think the city government is just super. Most suburbanites would move back into the city in a heartbeat, just so their tax dollars can support the well-oiled Maserati that is the City of Chicago or the venerable Chicago public school system. All the politicians there have squeaky clean images because, let's face it, people in Chicago are just too well-educated and cosmopolitan ever to say or even think something racist or prejudiced, or to vote for someone with an even slightly tarnished reputation. Man, the folks in Indy must be seething with jealousy--but thanks for reminding us of our lowly place in this world!
LOL nice sarcasm hence why 50,000 people left Chicago and moved to Indianapolis in the last 10 years. Chicago is crap and the politicians running it and Ill-Annoy are destroying a once valuable tool to the midwest. oh well as they say when a pheonix dies (Chicago) a new one is born from the ashes (Indianapolis)

I just hope the rest of the USA learns from Chicagos collasp and failure.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:18 AM

93,828 posts, read 124,582,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Baloney. I'm no fan of the teabag movement, but Carson's statement was way over the top. No doubt a lot of tea party-types believe that many AAs are too dependent on government programs and should assume more personal responsibility (right or wrong -- I'm not looking to argue the validity of that view), but that does not equate to having AAs lynched. Carson should apologize.
I'm not saying that the Tea Party is racist, but the timing of the outrage is interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis