Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 11:08 PM

392 posts, read 1,068,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2DAC1985 View Post
Indianapolis is affordable but keep in mind it's not going to be one of the highest paying cities around.
If I told you what I'm making in Erie...you'd probably either laugh hysterically or give me a sympathy pat on the back...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 04:28 AM

1,312 posts, read 1,871,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguykc View Post
Very true, I was also considering Fishers, Plainfield, and the south side. I've heard mixed reactions about Falls Creek Place (?) as well...some say it's one of Indy's worst areas and others have told me it's really changed from that. What I am planning on doing is banking about three to six months' expenses and staying in one of the extended stay hotels out there while I search for a permanent home. The job part, however, I will make sure is cut and dry before I even leave PA...
If you do that, you might want to look into staying up on I-69 at one of the extended stays there. It might be a little bit more expensive than another one around the city but:

1. Its going to be nicer than virtually any other extended stay.
2. It will allow you to take part in the Cluster ******** that is I-69 traffic.

Seriously, everyday the stretch of I-69 between I-465 and 116th street operates at a level "D" on good days, and level "F" on normal and bad days. It's a headache that is totally unnecessary and something (for me at least) that grinded on my nerves.

The place you're looking at will never be as crazy dumb traffic wise as Fishers.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 774 times
I am looking to possibly secure employment in the area of 30th & Kessler (blocks from Marion College). Not too sure if I truly want to be in an area I have to constantly 'watch over my shoulder'. When ppl say 'can be' or 'IS' a ruff area......what do u mean? Crime, drugs, prostitution, etc. All and any info is and WILL be greatly appreciated!!! Very nervous to up and move here from out of State to only be disappointed and HATE my location.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:03 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
46222 is kinda shady. Look downtown, or go south or north if you can

Old 06-07-2012, 02:24 PM

218 posts, read 462,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialResident View Post
I am looking to possibly secure employment in the area of 30th & Kessler (blocks from Marion College). Not too sure if I truly want to be in an area I have to constantly 'watch over my shoulder'. When ppl say 'can be' or 'IS' a ruff area......what do u mean? Crime, drugs, prostitution, etc. All and any info is and WILL be greatly appreciated!!! Very nervous to up and move here from out of State to only be disappointed and HATE my location.
30th and Kessler isn't so bad at all. In general, Kessler Blvd is pretty nice even when areas to the east and west are not so great. Generally speaking, the subdivisions/neighborhoods between Cold Spring Road and Guion Road are pretty stable and I would imagine quite safe. If you go too far east, on the other side of White River, you're in some older urban neighborhoods that are pretty rough. They might improve in the next 20 years because Riverside and Fall Creek definitely don't seem to be getting worse, but you'd be in for a long hall. If you go too far west of 30th and Kessler, you're in Eagledale, which was a pretty stable area until I would guess around 1990, and then started to decline. It's not awful in Eagledale, but certainly not great, and I don't see the yuppies coming in to gentrify it any time soon.

However, 30th and Kessler has some newer homes, and some larger homes on bigger lots. The area around Marian has always been higher income than Eagledale or Riverside, so I'd guess it could stay pretty stable for the foreseeable future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis