Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 09:16 AM

53 posts, read 88,044 times

Advertisements

I've decided to move back to Indianapolis after being a way for a while. I own a house around 52nd and college. Any exciting changes since I've been gone? It's been about 18 months now. Did Calle 52 ever open? Anything new on the Uptown project? New restaurant next to Recess? Any work on the old Bee Window site? Thanks.

I'll be glad to get back, it's easy to leave Indianapolis, but much to my surprise (as a young person), hard to stay away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 12:05 PM

1,478 posts, read 2,415,933 times
Love that area. If we could have relocated back home to Indy, that's where we would have lived. The only a few things that I can report are:

-the Artistocrat was gutted in a fire, but they're re-opening this spring.

-the owner of the Redy Key Tavern (Russ Settle) passed away around the time you left.

-20tap opened up a gastropub concept up the street on college. My friends seem to like the place.

-Sinking Ship (another bar/food concept) opened up a bit south on college. I've never been in.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:47 AM

53 posts, read 134,323 times
Welcome back! My wife an I are nearby, closer to 55th and College. Unfortunately, Calle 52 never opened. There was a hangup with parking requirements and their plans for outdoor seating and I believe they never got a variance. There is a new little place called SoBro cafe on 52nd right behind the old Circle City Pizza space. It's fantastic. Down at 49th the Uptown never got off the ground for the same reasons as before...they ran out of funds for whatever reason. The Upland tasting room seems to be doing well and The Sinking Ship seems fairly busy. I love the Sinking Ship. Great beer choices, laid back people, awesome burgers. 20 Tap is great too. The dining area is small, but it's smoke free (which I appreciate) and has tons of local beer choices. Oh, and not sure if it was there last time you were around, but the Jazz Kitchen opened up a carry-out pizza business in the small space on 54th and the pizza is really, really good.

The area is also part of the new North Midtown Economic District, so I suspect we'll be seeing quite a bit of investment coming into the area in the coming years.

North Midtown Economic District | Urban Indy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
View detailed profiles of: