Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 06:14 AM

100 posts, read 169,969 times

Advertisements

This is for someone who will be working in downtown Indy. He does not have a car nor does he want a car.

He will be coming by Greyhound from out of town every Sunday and going back (again by Greyhound) every Saturday, working in Indy Monday through Friday.

Here are the requirements:

. Safety

. Closeness to the Monument circle ( This should automatically satisfy the requirement of closeness to Greyhound Station)

. Low cost

Please suggest locations are specific apartment complexes.

I think that Stallard and Associates have apartments that may meet these criteria. Does any one have any comments on these?

I just want to list here a couple more that I have come across during my web searches and that piqued my interest:

Block
CityWay

Thanks.

Last edited by indylife; 01-06-2013 at 07:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 11:47 AM

1,766 posts, read 3,607,840 times
What do you consider low cost? The Block and City Way are expensive by Indianapolis standards. A 1 bedroom will cost close to $1000/month at either.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:40 PM

> The Block and City Way are expensive by Indianapolis standards.

This is useful information. Thanks.

Are there lower cost but still safe option? All this person needs is a studio.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:47 AM

Bump.

I am still looking for an apartment downtown.

My desire is to find a safe place close to the monument circle with a reasonable price. I realize that the above requirements conflict with each other and compromising on one or the other is needed.

In a post above, I had written that Block and CityWay pique my interest. Block has a waiting list. CityWay is beyond my budget. I like the location of Harness Lofts but would like something cheaper though on some days I have been tempted to just rent here and be done with it. The only apartment they had was on the ground floor looking out to a parking lot behind a bar. I understand that it can get noisy here.

I would love to find something within walking distance of the monument circle but if it is near a bus route to downtown that would work too.

A studio is all I need. I don't plan to use a car. Access by bus to grocery shops and a drop off laundry are also necessities.

Thanks.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:38 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,483,893 times
Studio = Riley Towers. I walked the area for 5 years and never had a problem. Easy access to circle and grocery store. I walk farther to eat downtown and there are even buses to catch.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:45 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,483,893 times
If Riley too expensive, contact Van Rooy for what they have available. Aurora in St. Joseph (walking), Marrot on Meridian (bus route), Continental Towers right downtown, etc.

Anything on Meridian would come with a bus route downtown and back.

Stay away from Stallard.

1010 Central may have available units. Recently opened. Walkable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
View detailed profiles of: