Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 07:29 AM

69 posts, read 118,724 times

Advertisements

Home Place is an enclaved unincorporated area that refuses annexation. The most recent attempts to annex were in 2007 and then in 2012. I can't find any population census for Home Place so I don't know how many people live there. Does anyone know if there are any more attempts to annex Home Place or any information about the whole situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 07:32 AM

35,075 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Last I read they fought it off for a number of years. This neighborhood doesn't fit the Carmel image at all.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:37 AM

69 posts, read 118,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Last I read they fought it off for a number of years. This neighborhood doesn't fit the Carmel image at all.
Though Carmel is running out of land and I feel like the city is trying to annex any last land it can get and Home Place, being an enclave, is the first choice. I don't think its a horrible place but it could be better.
Then again, once Brainard gets his hands on Home Place and $100m later it will be filled with city centers and palladiums everywhere.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powcity View Post
Though Carmel is running out of land and I feel like the city is trying to annex any last land it can get and Home Place, being an enclave, is the first choice. I don't think its a horrible place but it could be better.
Then again, once Brainard gets his hands on Home Place and $100m later it will be filled with city centers and palladiums everywhere.
It feels like an average neighborhood next to a lot of new polish. My guess is the residents want to leave it as it is mostly.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:57 PM

891 posts, read 2,450,519 times
I don't know why Carmel would want it. Although it is in Carmel school district

Old 08-08-2015, 07:51 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,492,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BU191433 View Post
I don't know why Carmel would want it. Although it is in Carmel school district
Carmel probably wants it because it would add to their tax rolls, and the liabilities of the city annexing that area are quite low. If the area is annexed into Carmel, I can forsee a lot of residential and commercial teardown activity. Carmel has been redeveloping older parts of the city near the core before the city has even finished developing outlying areas (although it seems like it is getting closer to being mostly built-out). Real Estate prices are already solid by having access to Carmel schools and would definitely increase by having a Carmel address.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:04 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Its carmel schools already. It has alot of duplexs and rentals. Carmel police and fire already serve it. Why not be part of carmel?

Old 09-03-2015, 01:17 PM

4 posts, read 7,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Its carmel schools already. It has alot of duplexs and rentals. Carmel police and fire already serve it. Why not be part of carmel?
Ditto! Sorry to be so blunt, but Carmel will spend more on Home Place than it'd ever get back in property taxes. I don't know why the mayor wants it except maybe to spruce it up and recover some of the costs of providing all of the major (costly) services. Earth to Home Place...you could do worse (a lot worse) than having a real Carmel address and real city planning.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyking747 View Post
Ditto! Sorry to be so blunt, but Carmel will spend more on Home Place than it'd ever get back in property taxes. I don't know why the mayor wants it except maybe to spruce it up and recover some of the costs of providing all of the major (costly) services. Earth to Home Place...you could do worse (a lot worse) than having a real Carmel address and real city planning.
I'd take it if the residents wanted to be part of Carmel they wouldn't be fighting the annexation. It should be left to the residents to decide.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:54 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I'd take it if the residents wanted to be part of Carmel they wouldn't be fighting the annexation. It should be left to the residents to decide.
Its not like they have a home place address. They are either carmel 46032 or indy 46280 zip codes as of now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis