Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2008, 07:10 PM

2 posts, read 3,587 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping to get some help/advice.
My husband may be getting a transfer and we may have to move to Greenwood, IN in the next few weeks. I don't really know anything about the area, it seems nice from what I've heard/seen on the 'net.

I would like to know if there are any rentals to try for or to stay away from? We want a family-safe area and we can afford $600 rent a month.
What are the bad parts of town? The good?
Anything we should know before we move there?
Are there any other nice places close to Greenwood that meet what we need?

We've never lived in a town as big as Greenwood, we are used to smaller towns. Any helpful advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so very much!

(I already posted this in the Regular Indiana thread because I didnt know which section to put it in. Sorry if its any inconvenience. The mods can lock whichever thread is in the wrong place. Thanks again for any help.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 06:12 AM

667 posts, read 2,888,672 times
On the Southside of Indy, at Madison Ave and Lawrence Ave is an apartment building by the name of Valley Forge. I used to live there several years ago and honestly loved it. While it is not brand new, the new owners have really put a lot of money into it and updated it. At the time, it was filled with mostly retirees, or college students from a religious based college close by.

Although I did not have any children at the time, on the back side of the apartment that is not viewable from the road there is a LARGE field for children to play in.

Also, just to let you know, I liked the area so much that I bought a house on the same street.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:36 AM

47 posts, read 162,981 times
Default Hello Buckeyemoose!

I'll tell you one place to stir away from, and that is Westminster Apartments. I lived there for 6 months with my mother and that place is ran like crap. I couldn't get into my apartment for the first two weeks so that I can start moving things in, because the didn't fix my lock right away. So just imagine how I felt about paying for the first month in advance and only getting access for half of that period. They didn't have our airconditioners fixed and ready to use when we moved in. We didn't find out untill the weather started getting hot. We suffocated for month in that place. And they allow some of the worst people to move in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
View detailed profiles of: