Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:19 AM

436 posts, read 952,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Just because you haven't found someone willing to have children with you doesn't mean you have to be a d-bag towards those of us who have.
Hey, I don't mind letting you buy Wheaties for my kids. As long as they call you "daddy," I don't have to cough up a check.

Did it really hurt when you figured out that frat house wasn't your scene, any more?

Folks, there are a lot of bitter hicks here in Indy. They get downright mad when you expose their crappy hamlet for what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 09:35 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,153,738 times
I just drove through Fishers yesterday and really thought it is a nice community. It is the antithesis of a Hicksville USA.

Now if one really wants to get depressed, drive around the South Side of Chicago and compare what you see there to Fishers. Just don't drive around it at night because you may not come back to make a comparative report.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 04-29-2010 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: add

Old 04-29-2010, 09:47 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking357 View Post
Did it really hurt when you figured out that frat house wasn't your scene, any more?
Never was. The only fraternity I ever joined was the U.S. Army. And when that ended I was too busy cramming 60 semester hours into 18 months to finish my undergraduate degree to have time to play drinking games with a bunch of 19-year-old kids.

If you would bother to read these forums, you'd know that many of the faithful contributors here are well aware of Indy's shortcomings. What we don't tolerate are criticisms that could be levied toward most U.S. cities.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
If you would bother to read these forums, you'd know that many of the faithful contributors here are well aware of Indy's shortcomings. What we don't tolerate are criticisms that could be levied toward most U.S. cities.
I don't care what you think you "tolerate." You're lying about Indy, and you'll be told so by people who know better. This place is severely inferior to most other cities.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:44 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking357 View Post
I don't care what you think you "tolerate." You're lying about Indy, and you'll be told so by people who know better. This place is severely inferior to most other cities.
I'm lying?? It's an opinion, dude -- one based on having lived most of my life outside of Indianapolis, even spending over two years driving around Europe at government expense. I've been to most of the major cities in this country.

Is Indy Utopia? Heck no. And many of us here have pointed out what needs to be done to improve the city (e.g. the proposed mass-transit plan). But it gets old hearing folks criticize Indy as "bland" because we have things like strip malls (these are all over the U.S., even south Chicago), vinyl villages (Columbus has a lot of these, too) or lack an ethnic flavor (most U.S. cities lack an ethnic flavor, and even many that once did have seen it diminish. Case in point: Cleveland. The Eastern Europeans aren't flooding there anymore).

Old 04-29-2010, 11:46 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
ok, let's let smoking go smoke in a corner by himself. Don't indulge the petulant child.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:36 PM

16 posts, read 83,853 times
To Smoking,

Obviously, I can't comment on most of what you said since I'm not from Indiana but, I must say from all that I have read, you are in the minority who thinks Fishers is so awful.

Who told me about the schools . . . try everything I have ever read. Magazines rated Fishers very highly, great schools, schooldigger, people who live there . . . you name it! I have yet to find a school system that has every school in the district rated a 10 yet Fishers is rated a solid 10 for every school. It is also rated #13 out of all districts in Indiana.

As for ethnic cities in NJ, I live here so you don't need to tell me where to go. I live in one and I'm not even close to Newark . . . go figure!

I certainly don't want to continue this ridiculous argument because you are obviously entitled to your opinions as is everyone. I just felt I would tell you where I got my info on the schools since you seemed to question that one very strongly.

Have a lovely happy day.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Is Indy Utopia? Heck no. And many of us here have pointed out what needs to be done to improve the city (e.g. the proposed mass-transit plan). But it gets old hearing folks criticize Indy as "bland" because we have things like strip malls (these are all over the U.S., even south Chicago), vinyl villages (Columbus has a lot of these, too) or lack an ethnic flavor (most U.S. cities lack an ethnic flavor, and even many that once did have seen it diminish. Case in point: Cleveland. The Eastern Europeans aren't flooding there anymore).
Cleveland has this:

Italian food and specialty items from Gallucci's.

and this:

Danny's Deli (http://www.dannysdeli.net/index.html - broken link)

and this:

Welcome!

and this:

YouTube - Bourdain no rez Cleveland Hot Sauce Williams

Indy's got nothing. Nothing.

Listen, if you're trying to say "we're better than Cleveland," are you really aiming high?

Old 04-29-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LkintoRelo View Post
To Smoking,

Obviously, I can't comment on most of what you said since I'm not from Indiana but, I must say from all that I have read, you are in the minority who thinks Fishers is so awful.
Minority of what? People who know better and can tell good from bad, or what?

Move. Have fun. I deal with a lot of guys from Jersey, and I don't hear any of them yearning to move to Fishers, IN. Usually, they give me crap about Indiana, but you go ahead and move. You can be that guy.

Get yourself a house in a subdivision, a big tv, a couch, and you can pull for the Colts until you keel over. Sounds like a great life.

By the way, did you see what the Indy people did to the Jets fan, a couple months ago?

Jets fan from Staten Island recovers from beating at Jets-Colts game in Indianapolis | - NJ.com

Indy people also killed a Bears fan, a couple years before that:

From Whispers to Roars :: View topic - Chuck Rickey 36 Missing 2/4/07 IN

A local church takes a car painted in the colors of the Colts' opponent and sets it on fire.

Indy is like one of those towns in a Stephen King novel. You'd better toe the line here, or there's going to be trouble.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:04 PM

251 posts, read 311,706 times
^^This guy is a troll from skyscraperpage.com...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis