Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:41 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times

Advertisements

What do you mean, the company does not know who owns them? It is true with pre-paid phones, but not with phones with a plan. They sure know where to send the bill...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
Anyone know of a site that really has reverse listings for free ?? Free for real, not a shill for some $9.95 charge ???
Just Google the phone number, "000-000-0000". If the name is available, it should show up right on the search results page. 411.info - US Local Search seems to be giving good results right now.

If it doesn't show up in Google, you would probably be wasting your $9.95 paying those scammers.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:13 AM

42 posts, read 75,909 times
could it be that its just not that important if you must be able to use one for free? I mean, don't get me wrong free is better obviously . the less you whip out your credit card when surfing the web the less stress there is.

after reading about an honest review of one:

Reverse Phone Lookups | All about background checks
(what SEEMED like one, anyways. not always easy to know someone's intentions online) I checked out one of the paid ones for once. I figured if these companies have been in existence for as long as they have they must offer some value. I tried one out for trivial reasons because of a few arrogant people who got the wrong number. I won't be taking any action because nothing illegal was said but I like knowing that I'm in control. future reference only, for me, anyways.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:20 PM

3 posts, read 2,390 times
I do a lot of reverse searches due to my job. It seems to me that there is a dynamic in that industry were all the free sites such as [url=http://www.reversephonelookup.com/]FREE to Lookup Unknown Callers - ReversePhoneLookup.com[/url] have very poor results and they are mostly affiliate sites trying to pass you over to one the premium sites for some commission. But they are probably worth a try before you start forking over cash to the paid sites, and don't forgot to simply Google the number you may be surprised how often something comes up. But if you ultimately need to know, then you may need to pay a few bucks to find out. for example [url]https://nsapeoplesearch.com[/url] only charges .95 cents for a one time report, I haven't used them very much myself but here a review of them is [url]http://calislo.com/index.php/top-stories/121-nsa-people-search-review[/url] but here are a handfull of other good ones like Intelius and Instant Checkmate

Last edited by alexr451; 12-10-2015 at 03:29 PM..

Old 12-10-2015, 03:33 PM

3 posts, read 2,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Just Google the phone number, "000-000-0000". If the name is available, it should show up right on the search results page. [url=http://411.info/]411.info - US Local Search[/url] seems to be giving good results right now.

If it doesn't show up in Google, you would probably be wasting your $9.95 paying those scammers.
Granted 9.95 is pretty pricey for just a simple reverse search on a number but I would definitely argue that just because a number doesn't come up on google doesn't mean that a service wont have it. I do a lot of lookups for account verification for my job and not very many of the numbers have any personal data that shows up in Googles search index, most of the time I need to turn to some type of paid site.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:54 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Welcome to city-data

Thank you for your entry!!

Old 07-24-2016, 09:23 AM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times
Something new to add, for those doing reverse searches. A while back I dropped our main landline number due to telemarketers and calls from collection companies for people I never even heard of. At that time, I checked the secondary phone number I was switching to and it had NO references to anyone. A few days back I started getting calls from numbers I didn't recognize, so in checking them out I also checked out my number. Holy S***! It now is supposedly the number of at least a dozen people. Since I have had the number as a secondary number for over eight years, it is obvious that someone or some bot is feeding misinformation onto these sites. None of them correctly identified me.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:09 AM

43,296 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Something new to add, for those doing reverse searches. A while back I dropped our main landline number due to telemarketers and calls from collection companies for people I never even heard of. At that time, I checked the secondary phone number I was switching to and it had NO references to anyone. A few days back I started getting calls from numbers I didn't recognize, so in checking them out I also checked out my number. Holy S***! It now is supposedly the number of at least a dozen people. Since I have had the number as a secondary number for over eight years, it is obvious that someone or some bot is feeding misinformation onto these sites. None of them correctly identified me.
LOL
Yep. You never know, and I will keep the cell number I have had since 1997 forever. It seems to have only the history that I have created with it.

I got a landline number for my new office a couple of years ago, and apparently the last business to have it went Full Deadbeat.
I immediately started getting calls from bill collectors. Lots of bill collectors. Swarms of them. They now hear fax tones....

Old 01-13-2017, 11:51 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,170,383 times
We got a phone # once, apparently the gal who had it before me didn't pay many of her bills. Then I even had calls from a pharmacy to come pick up my Rx - which was hers.

I don't know what everybody is googling the numbers for. For me, if I just put a # in and don't exactly get the complete ID for who called, but I see numbers of people have been asking about the same number, I know it's some kind of spam and don't answer it any more. I'd like to know why I get so much of that on my cell phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet