Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 03:58 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,367,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Ever been pulled over and been told to get out of the car, you're under arrest.. and it isn't even you? :/
I had a similar situation when I arrived to my friend's house and the cops came sliding in from all around me. I was like WTF? when the cops told me to raise my hands. I had guns pointing at me.

Luckily my friend's father was at home and he's a police detective. He came out and told them to lower their guns, he knows the boy (me) and asked WTF? They told him that my car matched the suspect's car and he's at large. He robbed and killed the clerk at a convenience store.

When I heard that I said, "Mr Hart it's not me I promise you that. Don (his son) can tell you about me." He told me to relax I know it's not you.

It turned out that I know the clerk. He was a neighborhood friend and I was bummed out that he got killed.

By the way, they caught him. Aggravated robbery and first degree murder. He got death by the courts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 10:42 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,574,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeGer View Post
I had a similar situation when I arrived to my friend's house and the cops came sliding in from all around me. I was like WTF? when the cops told me to raise my hands. I had guns pointing at me.

Luckily my friend's father was at home and he's a police detective. He came out and told them to lower their guns, he knows the boy (me) and asked WTF? They told him that my car matched the suspect's car and he's at large. He robbed and killed the clerk at a convenience store.

When I heard that I said, "Mr Hart it's not me I promise you that. Don (his son) can tell you about me." He told me to relax I know it's not you.

It turned out that I know the clerk. He was a neighborhood friend and I was bummed out that he got killed.

By the way, they caught him. Aggravated robbery and first degree murder. He got death by the courts.

Man. I am happy that Police Detective was home, too!

So, you know then. You know how things can go if thugs with guns get "information" and they decide it's you........

Old 10-28-2018, 11:48 AM

It was decades ago so the cops back then weren't that bad but yeah, I was lucky as hell that Mr Hart was there. It was his mother's house that my friend was staying at and he was checking on her.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:26 AM

4,143 posts, read 3,056,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
Nothing turned up on Google, but there were five links to my name on Pipl.

https://pipl.com/

I'm glad this post was made; time to tidy up over at Pipl.
I am unknown to both Google and Pipi.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:40 AM

603 posts, read 445,609 times
Wow. Just looked myself up on spokeo and there was an aerial view of my neighborhood. The locator was for the wrong house but it was creepy to see that. I don't have any social media in my real name.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:44 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,000 times
All the time. I try to get a bigger internet presence.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:36 PM

405 posts, read 257,537 times
I checked y name on MyLife and they didn't have much, including my current address, but one thing did p*** me off. Under the section Lawsuits, Liens or Bankruptcies, there is a big red ALERT box saying that they found info on that. I did have a bankruptcy 20 years ago, but the way it's titled it could be some serious legal issue.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:35 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
mylife.com had nothing on me either. I don't even exits... Google...only fb pops up and white pages

Old 11-04-2018, 06:23 AM

I'm never on any social media.

Old 11-05-2018, 06:22 AM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
It's always fun to see obituary and funeral arrangements for some stranger with the same name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet