Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 02:35 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
In, The Great Depression, we has Glass Stiegal, now we have the repeal.

And when you say we should reinstate it all you get is the repeal didn't cause the housing bubble so why should we reinstate it?
Because then BAC couldn't put it's bad debt into its Bank (BofA) and pass it on to the taxpayer via the FDIC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 02:51 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
We'll be struggling to solve the paradox of how do you increase employment while we are forced to keep slowly trimming government spending.
I can't quote my source, but the Feds are cutting the IRS budget to the point that they will have to furlough workers. The problem is that the majority of the expense in that sector is labor, so drastic cuts can't come from anywhere else.

So you tell me; where is the money going to come from if there is no one to collect taxes from large corporations? Trust me, they aren't going to volunteer to pay.

We ain't seen nothin' yet folks...

Old 10-29-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I can't quote my source, but the Feds are cutting the IRS budget to the point that they will have to furlough workers. The problem is that the majority of the expense in that sector is labor, so drastic cuts can't come from anywhere else.

So you tell me; where is the money going to come from if there is no one to collect taxes from large corporations? Trust me, they aren't going to volunteer to pay.

We ain't seen nothin' yet folks...
With that, we will look more and more like Greece. The national pastime of Greece is tax dodging.

When will Amerika learn that the Income tax should go the way of dinosaurs.

Germany is rumored to be printing Duetsche Marks as a insurance policy when the Euro tanks.

We are in for a long haul.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:19 PM

106,673 posts, read 108,856,202 times
so here is my question to you. what are you doing to fund your retirement and meet your financial goals just in case your wrong and we are still status quo in this country? of course you can hide in gold but if your wrong about whats going to be then what.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:24 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,910,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Bare with me here...
Why would we "bare" with you? This is not a nudist camp; this is the City-Data Forum.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:28 PM

hey im typing naked right now............... in fact im holding 2 cups of coffee and a dozen donuts while doing it ha ha ha ha

Old 10-29-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
so here is my question to you. what are you doing to fund your retirement and meet your financial goals just in case your wrong and we are still status quo in this country? of course you can hide in gold but if your wrong about whats going to be then what.
Nothing. My retirement is set, and if it goes away. Game over.

You can't eat gold. And we are going to a place where food, fuel, and personal safety are the only thing that will matter.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:54 PM

well let us all know how that works out for ya.

meet back here in 20 years. you will have electricity where you are going yes?

Old 10-29-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
well let us all know how that works out for ya.

meet back here in 20 years. you will have electricity where you are going yes?
I am already where i need to be, i was speaking of the greater WE.

WE are headed for something that no one has ever seen on this planet.

I know, I know.... doomer... I said it for you.

But it doesn't change the trend. And it is not a dooms day to me and mine, it is a rebirth event.

There is a better than 75% chance you will see a big part of it before the end of the year. And we will talk more then.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:05 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
I am already where i need to be, i was speaking of the greater WE.

WE are headed for something that no one has ever seen on this planet.

I know, I know.... doomer... I said it for you.

But it doesn't change the trend. And it is not a dooms day to me and mine, it is a rebirth event.

There is a better than 75% chance you will see a big part of it before the end of the year. And we will talk more then.
I would not waste your time arguing with the pollyanna's on this forum. They will never get it until it is too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing