Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 06:59 AM

1,901 posts, read 1,830,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
show me where i said you can only analyze them over 15 years ?

i never said that , what i said is you need to hold them at least 15 years to make sure you will stand a good chance of being up . that is the point in time where you never would have lost money in a broad diversified fund .

no go find where i ever said auch a thing as you can only analyze them over 15 years .

how about i if you can't find where i said that only 15 years can be analyzed , that you leave us alone in this form and stop making up what you want . ?
I'm not scrolling through 10 page threads to pull up all of your quotes. You said this a MILLION TIMES OVER and you know you said it!

You flip and flex your statement to try and win whatever argument you are in on that particular day. You are full of it MathJak and you know it lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 07:01 AM

106,745 posts, read 108,937,910 times
you will never find me saying that , because it isn't true . anyway you reached the ignore point so have a good life .

Old 08-27-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
you will never find me saying tht , because it isn't true . anyway you reached the ignore point so have a good life .
Dude I know what you said, I don't make up things on people. You state your position, I state my position, there's positives/negatives to both positions.

You want to bash my Long Term CDs all day because historically they don't beat Balanced Funds, you are right, they don't beat Balanced Funds. But there are positives to Long Term CDs such as being able to sleep at night, not having to deal with high levels of volatility, not having to pay any high mutual fund fees to get a net return of nearly the same as Long Term CDs once the fees come out.

Why do I have to be the same type of investor as you? I'm a Conservative Investor, why can't I just be who I am? Why MUST I be just like you because your Trinity Study (which you think is the Bible of Investing) said I must fall in line and do whatever it says?

Old 08-27-2015, 07:07 AM

106,745 posts, read 108,937,910 times
the trinity study which obviously you have no clue even to what it is does not even come in to play until you are retired and are spending down .
it has zero to do with you now . you only reinforce the fact you are clueless about anything except what is in your head .

bye

Old 08-27-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
the trinity study which obviously you have no clue even to what it is does not even come in to play until you are retired and are spending down .
it has zero to do with you now . you only reinforce the fact you are clueless about anything except what is in your head .

bye
Sorry, I might have gotten the "names" of your particular study confused. But you know you live and breathe on white papers and studies for everything, and if someone DOES NOT align with that white paper or study in particular, you call them STUPID.

That is complete and utter nonsense MathJak. You aren't giving room for any difference of taste and style amongst Investors.

Some of us do not like Stocks, and you have no right to call us STUPID because we don't like them.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:24 AM

879 posts, read 1,963,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Some of us do not like Stocks, and you have no right to call us STUPID because we don't like them.
You are right about one thing: If investing in CDs is the only way you can sleep at night, you should invest in CDs. I don't think anyone has argued that. As long as you realize that your pot at the end of the rainbow is likely to be much less than it could be, and you're okay with that, so be it.

Where you get into trouble is when you bash stock investing in general and make ridiculous statements that clearly show your ignorance on the subject. It's one thing to be ignorant--we all were at one point--but when you argue to the death with people who are vastly more educated on the subject than yourself, that's when you begin to look...well..."stupid."

Old 08-27-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongArm View Post
Where you get into trouble is when you bash stock investing in general and make ridiculous statements that clearly show your ignorance on the subject. It's one thing to be ignorant--we all were at one point--but when you argue to the death with people who are vastly more educated on the subject than yourself, that's when you begin to look...well..."stupid."
Okay, well then do me a favor? Take a quick view of the opinions of all of these people, including James Altucher who is my favorite, and tell me are these people "ignorant" too"?

James Altucher has been investing in stocks for years and has a solid net worth, but yet he feels the same way about Stocks that I do, so I guess he's ignorant as well?

10 Reasons You Should Never Own Stocks Again - Altucher Confidential

6 Reasons Why I Don't Invest In The U.S. Stock Market

Why I Don't Invest in the Stock Market

Forget The Stock Market; Invest In Yourself | Fast Company | Business + Innovation

Old 08-27-2015, 09:13 AM

There are legitimate arguments, although DEBATABLE, for some having concerns about stock market returns going forward, but that's not what I've been hearing from you.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongArm View Post
There are legitimate arguments, although DEBATABLE, for some having concerns about stock market returns going forward, but that's not what I've been hearing from you.
I've been saying the exact same things that they have been saying. What have you been hearing from me that's different? If you care to elaborate that would be great...

Old 08-27-2015, 09:41 AM

First of all, I hadn't read your list of articles when I typed my previous post, but after quickly skimming the first one--which is full of UTTER NONSENSE--I certainly didn't mean to imply that the arguments made in those articles were necessarily "legitimate." Hopefully, the others are better than the first.

As to what I've heard YOU say, while it would be great fun to dig 'em all up and respond, I simply don't have time. But they've been along the lines of "investing in the stock market is a pure gamble," "stocks are just a piece of paper and don't represent ownership in the company," and on and on and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing