Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 01:53 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,199,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
don't be telling anyone to sell , remember you said you are out of the financial adviser business .
I don't think I actually told anyone to sell. I think I just told people I liquidated. I don't mind if I'm wrong. If I'm wrong, I'll take the rep hit.

I figure it makes for good dialogue. I'm not so stupid to think "I'm right" though even if it turns out that way. These things are out of my control and I realize that.

If I do prove to be "right," I just got lucky and I can't take credit for things that are out of my control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 01:56 PM

107,023 posts, read 109,313,415 times
if gold and chinese bonds are the years winners you get the credit .

Old 02-02-2018, 02:46 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,109,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Thanks for telling me about myself.

You appear to be mad.

I told you to sell.

Don't be mad at me.

You have your opinion. I have my opinion. Conditions change. I'm not worried about China.

I was worried about the US. People were telling me not to worry about the US.

Now look where we are. I'm going to do what I do and you can do what you do.

No reason to be upset. Yelling at me is not going to make the market come back. It either will or it won't.

I don't know what to tell you. You've told me a lot of things that are untrue, so I'm not going to engage in arguments that I feel are a waste of my time.

So far I'm right. So why should I change now?
Settle down Francis.

No one is yelling at you, if you're sensitive forums are not the place for you.

Quote:
I told you to sell.
I thought you were going to stay out of the advisor biz?

What has been wrong, nothing. Not one single thing. YOU are the only one screaming & running around like chicken little. If you can't handle a 2% move in an index, brother...this trading/investing thing is not for you and you should find a good professional to handle your money.

You're right about what? China? You've admitted you were wrong about that. Market is headed for a crash? A 2% move is anything but. Central banks buy equities? Nah, not even close.

Nah...you know what. I am mad. Mad for you wasting everyone's time.

Done. Done. DONE.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:45 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,199,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
if gold and chinese bonds are the years winners you get the credit .
I hope I'm wrong then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing