Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2018, 10:51 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Who is not in the right stock? I'm not in any stock except for an S&P annuity.

I don't want to be in any stock. I don't want to be in the market I see today. I can't say how I'll feel on Monday but I did leave cash in my trading account.
Just kidding, of course. The trick is to pick the right stock, lol. Yeah, I too still have a lot of cash in my account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 10:59 AM

13,075 posts, read 7,515,583 times
^For a small AUM upfront fee, non commissioned. I'll teach you the secrets that the professional traders use to consistently make mountains of wealth for themselves and their clients. Wouldn't you want to be at peak performance and enjoy life with just a few key strokes each week. Rules based, No guess work.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:48 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,577,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard818 View Post
You state the obvious. Please tell us how you trade your TA.
Those are just current bounds and subject to change. They just happen to represent for those who are not using charts where the market is currently trading in the flat rectangle from January to November. The SPX currently trades in the lower half of the rectangular pattern with the median line drawn by using the linear regression tool. It's not obvious unless you have a custom moving average variance programmed into your software.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:47 PM

2,009 posts, read 1,212,899 times
Quote:
That's another way of saying the market appears to be nearly flat. That's what I am seeing too, just looking at charts and statistics and major indices.

That's why I'm feeling sort of dead cat bounce-ish.

It's really bad when a slip of the lip in Washington can cause significant effects on the market, and the slip doesn't even have to be true. It may have even been uttered for political advantage.

If anybody thinks this is a good market please say so. I'm 100% in cash because this market looks like a pig dressed in a sable coat to me.
I don't know what your investment time frame is or your csh flow needs, but having 100% in cash historically is financial suicide.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:04 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
He is a DMT, Dirty Market Timer. My cashcovered puts were assigned to me and I’m now 52% in stocks. Just in time for a rally.

Old 11-30-2018, 03:23 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,131,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE866 View Post
I don't know what your investment time frame is or your csh flow needs, but having 100% in cash historically is financial suicide.
I was referring to my stock trading tranche, I have many other investments including a long term S&P annuity.

I'm waiting for a market I think I can profit from. If I get it I'll buy. If the market tanks I'll drain my trading account.

I've had this cash only short term. I'm currently researching my alternatives and it will go there if I get tired of waiting for the market.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:20 PM

Index futures are expected to jump on the news of the halt in new tariffs. 2828-2831 is roughly where the regression line currently resides, about 10 points above the previous rally highs and 60 points above Friday's close.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I was referring to my stock trading tranche, I have many other investments including a long term S&P annuity.

I'm waiting for a market I think I can profit from. If I get it I'll buy. If the market tanks I'll drain my trading account.

I've had this cash only short term. I'm currently researching my alternatives and it will go there if I get tired of waiting for the market.
The problem with staying out is that you lose interest and stop tracking the information regularly. Market behavior changes, and you lose the feel for what's happening. There is a lot of concern about the yield curve flattening with some parts in inversion as well as the tariff pause merely engineered to placate markets during Xmas.

Market is forming an evening doji star which is a 3-day major reversal pattern. Market never got to the target I had, but came about 1 percent short. The current trading range has been well suited to a counter-trend system I have.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:46 AM

German DAX has been a leading indicator for the US market in the past, now having dropped >20 percent. The S&P 500's three failures at the 200-day moving average has also been a pretty reliable signal in the past. Market may be pushing down for more intervention. The ECB threw a bone by using up its entire month's allotment of asset purchases last week.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:14 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
German DAX has been a leading indicator for the US market in the past, now having dropped >20 percent. The S&P 500's three failures at the 200-day moving average has also been a pretty reliable signal in the past. Market may be pushing down for more intervention. The ECB threw a bone by using up its entire month's allotment of asset purchases last week.
So what is reason for the DAX's retrenching?

Germany isn't impacted by the Chinese tariffs like our economy==which some view as the reason for much of our retrenchment...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing