Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2018, 09:04 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Why do CEOs feel they HAVE to step into politics? Just build your cars, your iPhones and sell books. There's enough punditry. I really don't need to know what Elon thinks about cave rescues.
Cause lately he's got his meds mixed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 10:17 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
He was trying to help...because he was asked to help....read up!
He was helping calling a rescuer a pedo because he said the silly sub was useless for this rescue. Musk was seeking attention and got called out on it too

Old 07-21-2018, 09:56 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
We live in the day and age where even when you try to help, you get mocked... sad, very sad. I'd be mad too if I was Musk. Someone tweeted if he would help them and soon after hired a team to help come up with something. Musk isn't a cave diver with decades of experience, so why did the diver expect Musk to know as much information as him given this information in addition to Musk being thousands of miles away from the actual site. Whether it was for publicity or not, I don't care, Musk spent money and tried to help and brought more awareness to the situation there, while the rest of us sat on our butts criticizing.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:39 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
i like musk.

he builds things.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:01 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
i like musk.

he builds things.
Yes, but he has to answer to shareholders. If credit conditions tighten, things could get bad. I don't know. 50/50 right?

What are the odds? Are there odds? I don't like those odds if those are the odds.

What does Vegas say?

Old 07-22-2018, 07:42 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,294,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
We live in the day and age where even when you try to help, you get mocked... sad, very sad. I'd be mad too if I was Musk. Someone tweeted if he would help them and soon after hired a team to help come up with something. Musk isn't a cave diver with decades of experience, so why did the diver expect Musk to know as much information as him given this information in addition to Musk being thousands of miles away from the actual site. Whether it was for publicity or not, I don't care, Musk spent money and tried to help and brought more awareness to the situation there, while the rest of us sat on our butts criticizing.
Exactly right.
He even shared his email communication with the 'real' lead diver where it clearly shows he was asked repeatedly to help....even when Elon suggested they let hi. Know if they think there got it covered and dont need his help.

Btw, Teslas "odds" are far greater than 50/50 imho. I wouldn't have >225k of my money in there if I didnt think so. Their numbers growing exponentially, quality increasing dramatically, and if you're long, like I am, the future is bright.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:41 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
You would get mad and publicly call someone a pedo? Or maybe you wouldn’t if you were CEO of such are large company or two. The submersible was useless and Musk was as is often the case looking for attention on social media. He can get mad but he should be adult enough to keep the BS of twitter and focus on his businesses

Old 07-22-2018, 12:11 PM

2,166 posts, read 3,382,580 times
Quote:
The problem is, Musk was tweeting about it constantly even though he had little involvement with the actual rescue. His tweets then attracted the media and turned the narrative into Elon Musk is trying to save the children, when the real people risking their lives barely got a mention. Without looking it up, what is the name of the Thai Navy SEAL that died trying to help with the rescue? Nobody focused on him giving his life, and Elon certainly didn't mention it in his tweets. It's no wonder that Vernon Unsworth and others were upset with Elon basically taking the limelight when he had very little to do with the rescue.

Elon needs to stay off social media and focus on the business. He was getting in a fight the other day with someone else on Twitter. The Tesla board is too weak to reign him in. He needs to grow up and focus on the goal.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:58 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,294,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
The problem is, Musk was tweeting about it constantly even though he had little involvement with the actual rescue. His tweets then attracted the media and turned the narrative into Elon Musk is trying to save the children, when the real people risking their lives barely got a mention. Without looking it up, what is the name of the Thai Navy SEAL that died trying to help with the rescue? Nobody focused on him giving his life, and Elon certainly didn't mention it in his tweets. It's no wonder that Vernon Unsworth and others were upset with Elon basically taking the limelight when he had very little to do with the rescue.

Elon needs to stay off social media and focus on the business. He was getting in a fight the other day with someone else on Twitter. The Tesla board is too weak to reign him in. He needs to grow up and focus on the goal.

Uhhh....Vernon Unsworth wasnt "risking his life" either....in fact, he wasnt even part of the team that dove to save the kids....so he (along with many others) should just sthu

Old 07-22-2018, 03:57 PM

2,166 posts, read 3,382,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
Uhhh....Vernon Unsworth wasnt "risking his life" either....in fact, he wasnt even part of the team that dove to save the kids....so he (along with many others) should just sthu
No, he was just the guy that had enough knowledge of the cave system from years of diving that he was able to help pinpoint their location and convinced the Thai government to use British cave divers that eventually found the boys.

Brit caver hailed magician for getting Thais to recruit hero divers | Daily Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing