Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2010, 08:33 AM

10 posts, read 40,475 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Iowa in May 2010 from the Philippines.

We would be working between Marshalltown, Boone, Perry, Stratford, and Gowrie. Our jobs will require us to travel between these locations to see our clients/patients in various nursing and rehabilitation facilities. We have a 1 year old daughter with us. We are thinking of moving to Ames as i have been provided with very good feedback by this forum

Can you recommend any apartment complexes within Ames that's good to raise a 1 year old girl? I have gone through rent.com, apartmentfinder.com, apartment guides.com and similar sites but i would like a more personal feedback from someone who is currently living in an apartment in Ames, has lived in one, or personally knows someone who lives in one. I'm looking for a more accurate feedback or description which i won't get from sites advertising these apartments.

Some characteristics im looking for are:

impeccable cleanliness
timely response by management to repair requests
proximity to parts
non or minimal smokers
tolerable noise level
hi speed internet

Any information, insight, suggestion, or advice you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 05:50 PM
oml

1 posts, read 3,861 times
Consider the Somerset area. There are townhomes, apartments, and houses located north of campus in a family friendly area with graduate students, young professionals, and families. I lived in an apartment in this area for a while - it was quiet and professional. Good luck!

Old 02-04-2010, 05:58 PM

47 posts, read 153,871 times
I personally have lived in this complex, and while you'll have to walk a bit to find a park, the walk to the elementary school is easy and there's a very nice playground there (for after school hours/summer).
Ames, IA Apartments and Houses for Rent, Local Apartment and Home Rentals, House, Townhome, and Condo Rentals, Vacation Rentals, Roommate and Sublet Classifieds :: Property Details for "*** MOVE IN SPECIAL *** 3Bdr Apt in NW Ames"
It's in a very quiet neighborhood and there's a bus stop right in front of the building. The manager is the same and was very friendly to us!

Old 02-07-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oml View Post
Consider the Somerset area. There are townhomes, apartments, and houses located north of campus in a family friendly area with graduate students, young professionals, and families. I lived in an apartment in this area for a while - it was quiet and professional. Good luck!
thank you oml, will definitely look into this area

Old 02-07-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilay View Post
I personally have lived in this complex, and while you'll have to walk a bit to find a park, the walk to the elementary school is easy and there's a very nice playground there (for after school hours/summer).
Ames, IA Apartments and Houses for Rent, Local Apartment and Home Rentals, House, Townhome, and Condo Rentals, Vacation Rentals, Roommate and Sublet Classifieds :: Property Details for "*** MOVE IN SPECIAL *** 3Bdr Apt in NW Ames"
It's in a very quiet neighborhood and there's a bus stop right in front of the building. The manager is the same and was very friendly to us!
thank you leilay, do you have a name for this apartment complex so i can search for further information? thank you

Old 02-21-2010, 11:18 AM

47 posts, read 153,871 times
I'm sorry this has taken so long, I am in the middle of a move myself! It's an 8-plex building, not part of a complex - so it doesn't really have a name. Eric, the manager, has his number listed in the upper right of the link. Small place, so it won't be on rent.com or the like - we found it driving around looking for signs in yards!

Old 02-25-2010, 07:04 PM

11 posts, read 19,853 times
Check out Crystal Cove. I used to live there, wish I still did( no pets )... Really NICE apartments, located in south Ames, easy access to anywhere really. Look it up, call and ask for Leah. I bet you'll like it......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa