Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:42 PM

21 posts, read 29,099 times

Advertisements

In the name of Allah
Today i bring for you a very wonderful miracle of Quran , which about city of Iram

Snippet:
At the beginning of 1990, press-releases in the well-known newspapers of the world declared "Fabled Lost Arabian city found," "Arabian city of Legend found" and "The Atlantis of the Sands, Ubar." What rendered this archaeological find particularly intriguing was the fact that this city is mentioned in the Qur'an. Many people had previously suggested 'Ad was a legend or that the location in question could never be found. Such people could not conceal their astonishment at this phenomenal discovery.

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/historical_07.html

Last edited by june 7th; 04-17-2011 at 07:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 06:58 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Hello Islam_is_my_life

do you want to go to Heaven and come into the family of God?! All you have to do to be saved and go to Heaven for an eternity is believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that he died on the cross for your sins. You must repent from Islam and turn way from false gods to be saved. This is the only way to Heaven and how you will have eternal life!! If you want a taste of what Heaven is like please read

Divine Revelations of Heaven

Turn to Jesus while there is still time!!

Old 04-14-2011, 07:10 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Ohh this is going to be good, a fundamental Christian telling a fundamental Muslim how to go to heaven.....

Old 04-14-2011, 08:08 PM

591 posts, read 641,550 times
The Greek religion and the Norse religion died because of Paganism. Islam threatens to do that to Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, and every other ism on the planet. It is a threat to all of humanity.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:16 PM

271 posts, read 394,008 times
Hello, Islam is my life. Would you like to go to the Great Valhalla in the Sky? Then you must renounce Islam and follow the Great and Courageous Odin. If you truly believe with all your heart and honestly ask him to come into your life your new found joy shall know no bounds.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:41 PM

494 posts, read 890,604 times
Islam is fundamentally irreconcilable with civilized society. When a religion's own "holy" book demands the death of unbelievers, that religion should be expunged from existence as it has no value to humanity.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:50 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
IslamIsMYLife, you have yet to actually respond to anything I've ever said thus far, but here goes anyways. The following seems contradictory to me. Can you help me sort out why it is not?

The Quran says:
Quran-2:256: There is no Compulsion in religion…

But then it says:
• Quran-9:29: Fight those who do not profess the true faith (Islam) till they pay the poll-tax (jiziya) with the hand of humility.
• Quran-9:5: Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them and take them captive, and besiege them and prepare for them each ambush….
• Quran-47:4: When you meet the unbelievers in the Jihad strike off their heads….
• Quran-2:191: And slay (kill) them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out such is the reward of those who suppress faith.
• Quran-8: 65: O Apostle! Rouse the believers to the fight…(against) unbelievers.

That sounds like compulsion to me actually. And what absolutely baffles: Islam is growing like crazy, but do it's new converts know that they sentence themselves to death if they ever leave Islam? If I were to convert to Islam and then years later change my mind and revert back to Christianity, I'd be a marked man for the rest of my life. Any Muslim I meet who finds out I'm an apostate -- it would be their duty as a Muslim to kill me.
“Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.” Sahih Al-Bukhari (9:57)

I think I'll stick with a religion where I'm not going to get killed if I walk away from it. I have no intention of changing religions from where I'm at, but I truly cannot comprehend ANY religion that holds it's faithful inside the faith by essentially holding a gun to their heads.

This is THE hang-up I have about Islam. Most of the rest I can get my head around well enough, and even if I disagree with it, I can understand it okay. Much of it makes a lot of sense actually. But the death penalty for apostates -- that is dealbreaker for me. That alone will keep me from ever taking the rest of the teachings of Islam seriously.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:04 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
People still worship the Norse pantheon.
It kinda died out and then was backwards engineered and revived. It's not likely practiced in the same way, but I know what you're talking about.

One connection that I can't make conclusively, but I'm 99% sure I'm right. The Hammer of Thor is THE precursor and THE reason that Christianity adopted the Cross as it's official symbol. The two symbols are virtually identical in superstition and usage -- case in point the Hammer of Thor was put on graves to ward off evil. Another case of Christianity adopting the trappings of paganism in order to convert the pagans.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:25 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I have no intention of changing religions from where I'm at, but I truly cannot comprehend ANY religion that holds it's faithful inside the faith by essentially holding a gun to their heads.
Well THAT made me smile.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:18 PM

21 posts, read 29,099 times
In the name of Allah
thanks so much for all your comments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam