Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 10:48 PM

494 posts, read 890,604 times

Advertisements

You people keep insisting you're all about peace and live, while your religious brothers and sisters keep murdering innocent people, and your men oppress your women.

Shame on you for claiming it's a religion of peace, when your holy book and your actions both show your lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 11:42 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
You people keep insisting you're all about peace and live, while your religious brothers and sisters keep murdering innocent people, and your men oppress your women.

Shame on you for claiming it's a religion of peace, when your holy book and your actions both show your lies.
The truth has very little to do with Allah's commands to them. Deception of infidels is not just tolerated . . . it is demanded . . . if it will advance the spread of Islam.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:28 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,823,342 times
GO THOR, GO!!

YouTube - Thor Hushovd World Champion!, The God of Thunder!

Old 04-18-2011, 11:34 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The truth has very little to do with Allah's commands to them. Deception of infidels is not just tolerated . . . it is demanded . . . if it will advance the spread of Islam.
You might be slightly off there mate. From my days of Qur'an reading, it's OK to deceive in order to protect yourself from harm. So if, for an example, a Muslim is asked if he is a Muslim and he fears that he will come to harm if he says that he is, it's OK for him to lie and say that he isn't. Something like that anyway.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:39 PM

21 posts, read 29,099 times
In the name of Allah
Occam's Bikini Wax: Thanks for your comment
But excuse me you have to know that i brought these evidence from Qur'an which is the ward of Allah ,
Allah is not a lair at all
and about these people who you had spoken about , i am sure that they do not understand Islam when it learn them where and when should they fight and when and where should they be peaceful

Old 04-18-2011, 11:57 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You might be slightly off there mate. From my days of Qur'an reading, it's OK to deceive in order to protect yourself from harm. So if, for an example, a Muslim is asked if he is a Muslim and he fears that he will come to harm if he says that he is, it's OK for him to lie and say that he isn't. Something like that anyway.
Actually no . . . under Dar al Harb (war of defense) it is demanded under jihad. As long as Israel exists . . . they are under Dar al Harb and Jihad.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:53 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam is my life View Post
In the name of Allah
godofthunder9010: thank you for your comment
I want to explain the meaning of these Quranic verses
The Quranic verses that you have mentioned were for learning the Muslims how to fight at the time of invasion
At early time of Islam there was many opponents so they started to invade the muslims so Allah learned them by these verses and putted rules for that like not to fight at time of sacred months
I will give you an other verses to show you an other rules and to assure for you that Islam is a religion of peace
1- '' God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes, that you should show them kindness and deal justly with them . God loves just dealers ''( Qur'an 60:8)

2-'' Fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not begin aggression. for God loves not aggressors'' (Qur'an 2:190

3-'' If they seek peace, then seek you peace and trust in God for He is the Hearer , the knower. ''
(Qur'an 8:61)

4-''... and let not the hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is next to piety; and fear Allah,for Allah is well- acquainted with all that you do.''(Qur'an 5:8)

5-'' But (remember that an attempt at) requiting evil may, too, become an evil: hence whoever pardons (his foe) and makes peace , his reward rests with Allah -for , verily He does not love transgressors. '' (Qur'an 42:40)

6-'' The good deed and the evil deed are not alike . Repel the evil deed with one which is better , then lo! he between whom and thee there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a bosom friend.'' (Qur'an 41:34)

The prophet Mohammed said :
1-( There is a reward for kindness to every living animal or human.)9

2-(... Do not betray, do not be excessive , do not kill a newborn child.)2

3-(Whoever has killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of paradise, though its fragrance is found for a span for forty years.)3

4-(The first cases to be adjudicated between people on the Day of Judgment will be those of bloodshed.6)7

5- (when you slaughter an animal , do so in the best way . One should sharpen his knife to reduce the suffering of the animal.)10

6-(A woman was punished because she imprisoned a cat until it died . On account of this , she was doomed to Hell. While she imprisoned it , she did not give the cat food or drink , nor did she free it to eat the insects of the earth.)8

I hope that you can get benefit and believe that Islam is a religion of peace and it reject terrorism
you should know that Qur'an is a book of Allah who had created us and he is more merciful and compassionate than our mothers , i do not think that any mother wants her son to be murderer so of course Allah does not want us to be murderers and kill our brothers and friends or to be frighteningly in the land , i am sure that he wants our life to be happy and peaceful
Thank you for the response and sorry for not acknowledging it sooner.

The trouble I find is that you can find sources just about everywhere who absolutely affirm that Islamic Law commands apostates to be executed.

I absolutely want to believe that this is just some past practice that was done away with that we'll never hear of again. But it's found in the Koran repeatedly and the wording leaves no wiggle room that I can think of. But I know that there are a lot of Muslims out there who feel the command to slay all apostates is still in effect.

The problem this creates is that the religious dialog only works one way. You can tell me about your religion and try to convert me to it. For me to convert you to my religion, it would have to resonate in you so deeply and completely that you'd willingly forfeit your life -- and very well might be killed by your fellow Muslims. That's just a tad screwed up, don't you think?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:02 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually no . . . under Dar al Harb (war of defense) it is demanded under jihad. As long as Israel exists . . . they are under Dar al Harb and Jihad.
OK. Thanks for that.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:49 AM

28 posts, read 31,105 times
"Indeed, those who reverted back [to disbelief] after guidance had become clear to them - Satan enticed them and prolonged hope for them(Quran 47:25)"

"How shall Allah guide a people who disbelieved after their belief and had witnessed that the Messenger is true and clear signs had come to them? And Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people" (Quran 3:86)

"Whoever disbelieves in Allah after his belief... except for one who is forced [to renounce his religion] while his heart is secure in faith. But those who [willingly] open their breasts to disbelief, upon them is wrath from Allah, and for them is a great punishment;
That is because they preferred the worldly life over the Hereafter and that Allah does not guide the disbelieving people." (Quran 16:106&107)

Some points:
1. According to these ayats (verses) the meaning of apostasy is not only changing the belief but it is changing your belief while you know the rightfulness of it (…after guidance had become clear to them… (Quran 47:25) … (They) disbelieved after their belief and had witnessed that the Messenger is true and clear signs had come to them… (Quran 3:86))

2. Reverting differs from expressing doubt or reasoning against something. Islam advocates rationality and reasonableness. (…Say, "Produce your proof, if you should be truthful."(Quran 1:111))

3. (How shall Allah guide a people who disbelieved after their belief…) here Quran (in Arabic) use word “KAFARU (کَفَرُوا)”. KAFARU in Arabic means: (they) covered and hided something; and in Quran means: (they) dissembled and neglected the truth.

4. According to this ayat (: That is because they preferred the worldly life over the Hereafter.)Quran critics the apostates who have a mundane motive not a reasonable motive.

Continues…

Old 11-22-2011, 04:55 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
But to the Islam Allah the worldly life exists in the becoming of his children who can be everyone and anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam