Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2011, 12:28 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Watched his show and he completely bought in to the Muslim's in attendance who stated Sharia is simply the law of whatever land they're living in. WhaaH?

One lady attempted to rebutt that premise and he castigated her for not having read the Koran from cover to cover so how would she know?

Those of us who have read "some" of the Koran and gained an understanding of the applicaton of Sharia law, know this to be a false premise born from Sharia's admonishment that to present a "false face" to the infidel to keep them off-guard and submissive until 'judgement by Allah', is one of their tenets.

Anderson should have done some study of his own before he bought into two couples sitting up their with smiley faces prepared to perform sharia dictated 'lying to the infidel' to put a warm and fuzzy picture on their cult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 12:49 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Watched his show and he compltely bought in to the Muslim's in attendance who stated Sharia is simply the law of whatever land they're living in. WhaaH?

One lady attempted to rebutt that premise and he castigated her for not having read the Koran from cover to cover so how would she know?

Those of us who have read "some" of the Koran and gained an understanding of the applicaton of Sharia law, know this to be a false premise born from Sharia's admonishment that to present a "false face" to the infidel to keep them off-guard and submissive until 'judgement by Allah', is one of their tenets.

Anderson should have done some study of his own before he bought into two couples sitting up their with smiley faces prepared to perform sharia dictated 'lying to the infidel' to put a warm and fuzzy picture on their cult.
When speaking of shariah one must know what Shariah is. there is no one thing that is shariah. Yes, shariah is a set of laws. But each Madhab has it's own laws. As shariah does differ from madhab to madhab it differs from nation to nation. While the Qur'an and the Ahadith are the general guides for the basis of Islamic Jurisprudance, all that is gleaned from them is to what is considered lawful and what is not and if any punishment is required along with the Maximum permitted. Each Madhab does differ in terms of punishment, they may provide for lesser punishments or even see some not even calling for a punishment or that any punishment should be only between the person and Allaah(swt).

Most scholars of Islamic jurisprudence are in agreement that the 4 main madhabs of shariah have never developed a real legal code for criminal offenses. As a result in terms of Criminal offenses the law of the land is what is usually applied as Shariah.

However, the Shariah civil law codes are well developed and consistent among the various madhabs. Nearly always when we are asking for sharia in a country we are asking in regards to the Civil code not the criminal code.

The concept of taqiyah

Quote:
That is frowned upon by nearly all Sunni and Sufis and is basically a tool used by the Shi'i

Old 11-17-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
When speaking of shariah one must know what Shariah is. there is no one thing that is shariah. Yes, shariah is a set of laws. But each Madhab has it's own laws. As shariah does differ from madhab to madhab it differs from nation to nation. While the Qur'an and the Ahadith are the general guides for the basis of Islamic Jurisprudance, all that is gleaned from them is to what is considered lawful and what is not and if any punishment is required along with the Maximum permitted. Each Madhab does differ in terms of punishment, they may provide for lesser punishments or even see some not even calling for a punishment or that any punishment should be only between the person and Allaah(swt).

Most scholars of Islamic jurisprudence are in agreement that the 4 main madhabs of shariah have never developed a real legal code for criminal offenses. As a result in terms of Criminal offenses the law of the land is what is usually applied as Shariah.

However, the Shariah civil law codes are well developed and consistent among the various madhabs. Nearly always when we are asking for sharia in a country we are asking in regards to the Civil code not the criminal code.

The concept of taqiyah

That is frowned upon by nearly all Sunni and Sufis and is basically a tool used by the Shi'i
Thank you for your response. I'm learning.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your response. I'm learning.
Your welcome. It can be a difficult thing to understand. typically what people see as shariah is the Shi'i Jafaari Madhab of Iran or the Wahabi Madhab followed by many who misuse the name of taliban.

Taliban actually just means students usually college Students. It is a plural a single student is a Talib. Throughout the Mideast many people do not know what the western Media means by taliban and come under the impression that they are calling all college students terrorists.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:11 PM

We all could use more education about this one and perhaps a few other religions as well. I'm seeing where some of the stuff I've read may in fact be "bull" or at least bent slightly to fit an agenda.

I have to believe that, given the choice, a majority, regardless of what religion would choose to "do the right thing".

Old 11-18-2011, 02:30 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Your welcome. It can be a difficult thing to understand. typically what people see as shariah is the Shi'i Jafaari Madhab of Iran or the Wahabi Madhab followed by many who misuse the name of taliban.

Taliban actually just means students usually college Students. It is a plural a single student is a Talib. Throughout the Mideast many people do not know what the western Media means by taliban and come under the impression that they are calling all college students terrorists.

But the amazing feature is the question of Nationalism, now in Asia. So many Iranians call that disappointing now that the leadership of Iran is taking advantage of the Syrian FOR, the lack of better expression, solidify Iran's DEMOCRACY. Lot's of cronies even participate in that.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
We all could use more education about this one and perhaps a few other religions as well. I'm seeing where some of the stuff I've read may in fact be "bull" or at least bent slightly to fit an agenda.

I have to believe that, given the choice, a majority, regardless of what religion would choose to "do the right thing".
We can all learn from other people. I feel it is almost always a good thing to learn about the beliefs of other people. Yes, there will be disagreements, but disagreements can be handled without anger or malice.

It is always best to learn about a religion from a person or website that actually lives the religion. Never use hate sites for a source of information. Learn the truth as to what a person believes and if you disagree, disagree over what you know to be true about them. but also never accept anything as true until you verify it to be true through more than one source.

The first step to learning is to read, read and read. And then verify what you have read. also remember no one person or even groups of people do not represent all of the people. Every religion has people using the name but not following the teachings.

May you continue in you search and always keep a strong desire to learn, Never forget to verify anything you read or hear from any man.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:07 PM

668 posts, read 2,187,122 times
So, the Taliban took that name, knowing that, with the USA trying to eliminate them from Aftganistan, the Muslims think we are trying to elimnate a bunch of College Students and are making war against them? Interesting.

And, some Tribes in the backhills of some Countries dont even know about 9/11 and why we retalliated.
They simply view us as occupiers???

Oh, and I have read some portions of the Qu'ran, and when it got to infidels, and killing them, well, that was enough for me and I didnt bother with it again.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 11-18-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
So, the Taliban took that name, knowing that, with the USA trying to eliminate them from Aftganistan, the Muslims think we are trying to elimnate a bunch of College Students and are making war against them? Interesting.

And, some Tribes in the backhills of some Countries dont even know about 9/11 and why we retalliated.
They simply view us as occupiers???

Oh, and I have read some portions of the Qu'ran, and when it got to infidels, and killing them, well, that was enough for me and I didnt bother with it again.

I wish you well...

Jesse
the name came to be used when we supported bin Ladin in his battle against the Russians. remember at one time we supported bin Ladin.

Anyhow he opened numerous schools (Madrassas) throughout Aghanistan and offered a free education to people in the Area. He then recruited these Students (Taliban) to be his army. The term taliban stuck and the press began calling any and all fighters, soldiers, terrorists etc Taliban. And continues to do so.

Sorry about killing the infidels. we are forbidden to kill anybody except in Defense and even the we are to give the person every opportunity to stop his attack. Secondly Kafir does not translate into infidel, you have watched too many Rudolph Valentino movies from the 1920s.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:44 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Watched his show and he completely bought in to the Muslim's in attendance who stated Sharia is simply the law of whatever land they're living in. WhaaH?

What show was that, and could you provide a link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam