Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 01:41 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
The bottom line is people feel more comfortable bringing homeland ideas wherever they migrate. I remember taking a drive late one night through a major N/A city. We decided to go through all the different ethnic neighbourhoods and look around for something to do.....It must have been garbage night....The Greek , Ital, Portg...all had their garbage out at the street in impecable easy pick up order..You could see many other groups probably threw the garbage from the veranda to exact a probable target at the end of the driveway...what a mess. Interestingly, the homelands of these places don't look that much different. The greater amount of people you migrate into an area, the greater that area will look , seem & sound like the homeland...give it a few years. Its natural...people will want to feel at home. These are simple rules of life that no one person made up. News, media, attention...talk about a propaganda war... The more regard , the more the old barbaric life becomes part of everyone else's life.N/A must detach itself as greatly as possible from these distant barbaric lands. If a person HAD to move to an Islamic country and was Christian or another religion...would they be running around getting news time, attention, complaining about laws as well simple By-laws..? No....because they would be dealt with in an old world barbaric way...we know this. So what I don't get is the incredible NERVE in view of our recent history for any Islamic believing individual to even OPEN up the mandible area....re matters complaints whatever which draw attention to Islam...(all of the matters including politics) I simply cannot for the life of me understand the unmitigated impudicity.

( save some good muslim leaders trying to STRAIGHTEN OUT with guidance ect the many ....regulated in order to maintain a clear distinction between extreme Islam and the moderate belief. If Islam "refuses" to organize and regulate a distinction, the Country is forced to levy a division with clear rules including licence to ensure a positive contribution to society rather than the opposing consequence. An opposing consequence in global evidence in view of statistics... re Islam population growth vrs chaos.

It is not quite that simple. How do you define a "Muslim" area? or even recognize such.

You may have a Pakistani area, a Bangladeshi area, an Indonesian area, a Somali area, etc but that does not mean everybody in the area is Muslim. The Iranian section near and in Los Angeles is predominately Christian with a Muslim minority blended in. Iraqi sections are often Kurdish dominant and usually follow Yazidiism with a Muslim minority. Arab sections are often Christian majority.

Trying to identify a Muslim area can be like trying to identify the Catholic, Methodist, Atheist, etc areas. No such thing.

We come in different flavors from different nations. Many of us have family roots in the USA going back to before the Revolutionary War. People from a Nation may tend to eventually dominate in sections of a City, but that does not always mean they are the same religious following. People will tend to gather in areas that speak the same language.

Possible exception would be the Pakistan or Somali sections, but even then that may not be true. In Austin the Pakistani neighborhood I lived in had several Jewish and Christian Pakistani families along with some non-Pakistani Muslim families. The Hispanic Muslims usually lived in the predominately Catholic Hispanic neighborhoods.

Islam historically has not grown much through migration, it grew through the People in adjoining Nations converting to Islam. The Migration of Muslims we see see today is a very new phenomenon

As for responsible Muslim leaders in the USA, nearly all of them are such.

The irresponsible, radical ones are few and far between. They generally are the ones who rapidly make the newspaper. Often they are not identified with nor associated with any Mosque.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 01:44 PM

22 posts, read 15,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It is not quite that simple. How do you define a "Muslim" area? or even recognize such.

You may have a Pakistani area, a Bangladeshi area, an Indonesian area, a Somali area, etc but that does not mean everybody in the area is Muslim. The Iranian section near and in Los Angeles is predominately Christian with a Muslim minority blended in. Iraqi sections are often Kurdish dominant and usually follow Yazidiism with a Muslim minority. Arab sections are often Christian majority.

Trying to identify a Muslim area can be like trying to identify the Catholic, Methodist, Atheist, etc areas. No such thing.

We come in different flavors from different nations. People from a Nation may tend to eventually dominate in sections of a City, but that does not always mean they are the same religious following. People will tend to gather in areas that speak the same language.

Possible exception would be the Pakistan or Somali sections, but even then that may not be true. In Austin the Pakistani neighborhood I lived in had several Jewish and Christian Pakistani families along with some non-Pakistani Muslim families. The Hispanic Muslims usually lived in the predominately Catholic Hispanic neighborhoods.

Islam historically has not grown much through migration, it grew through the People in adjoining Nations converting to Islam. The Migration of Muslims we see see today is a very new phenomenon

As for responsible Muslim leaders in the USA, nearly all of them are such.

The irresponsible, radical ones.... are few and far between. They generally are the ones who rapidly make the newspaper. Often they are not identified with nor associated with any Mosque.
...are the ones following that dogma.The problem is in the dogma. The dogma is oppressive against all other religions. The more peopole follow that dogme, the more people get murdered ad oppressed. It teaches that Christians and Jews can't be trusted. It is antiAmerican by nature. It is the opposite of freedom of religion. The problem isn't with all Muslims. The problem is with the one's that follow that dogma.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfeet View Post
...are the ones following that dogma.The problem is in the dogma. The dogma is oppressive against all other religions. The more peopole follow that dogme, the more people get murdered ad oppressed. It teaches that Christians and Jews can't be trusted. It is antiAmerican by nature. It is the opposite of freedom of religion. The problem isn't with all Muslims. The problem is with the one's that follow that dogma.
There is no Islamic dogma. What is often seen as Islamic Dogma is national or family culture.

The irresponsible Islamic leaders in the US are very often recent converts to Islam, trying to make their own flavor of Islam. Or just plain evil people trying to use Islam as a means to obtain their own end. Because a person says he is Muslim, does not mean he is following Islam.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:07 PM

22 posts, read 15,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There is no Islamic dogma. What is often seen as Islamic Dogma is national or family culture.

The irresponsible Islamic leaders in the US are very often recent converts to Islam, trying to make their own flavor of Islam. Or just plain evil people trying to use Islam as a means to obtain their own end. Because a person says he is Muslim, does not mean he is following Islam.

Muhammad ordered the murders of any political opposition. Anyone who spoke out against him was murdered in the name of "Allah". This is his method of operation, and that is how Islammists countries are governed by. Islammists countries are just following Muhammad's m.o. Instead of a free democracy, you have overthrows of one Muhammad-like dictator and on to the next. As long as Islam follows and emulates Muhammad, the cycle of terrorism and dictatorship will continue.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Muhammad ordered the murders of any political opposition. Anyone who spoke out against him was murdered in the name of "Allah". This is his method of operation, and that is how Islammists countries are governed by. Islammists countries are just following Muhammad's m.o. Instead of a free democracy, you have overthrows of one Muhammad-like dictator and on to the next. As long as Islam follows Muhammad, the cycle of terrorism and dictatorship will continue.
Sorry I disagree. the Muslims who actually follow the Qur'an are the most peaceful among us. No Muslim follows Muhammad(PBUH) no where did he give us a list of directives or Dogmas.

Those who think there are any commandments in the Qur'an that order us to mistreat others, does not understand the Qur'an.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Just the fact that you show love a adoration for him makes you hateful towards CHristians and Jews. You encourage his dogma, you praise his murdering, oppressive, hateful dictatorshipness. You love the phylosophy that people of all other religions are dog-turd and diserved/diserves to be murdered and oppressed. Showering love for Muhammad is like heiling Hitler. Muhhammad was even MORE evil than Hitler. Hitler was one dictator. Islam is a whole SLEW of dictators.
I thought I recognized you. I see your favorite phrase again.

Quote:
Just the fact that you show love a adoration for him makes you hateful towards CHristians and Jews.
It is pointless to discuss this further with you. Your preconceived conclusions are already made.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:41 PM

912 posts, read 827,254 times
I wasn't specifying an Arab area. What we noticed is all the neighbourhoods which were not european were a mess. Not something I expected. Plus there was no doubt about it.

Woodrow virtually all Muslims have this idea God sends punishment, we see it here in this forum for crying out loud..." may you recieve punishment for this or that"

When the wealthy Muslims can organize a proper distinction and eliminate this god sending punishment idea, Islam may get some un-prejudiced global regard. Right now there is zero regard ...lets face it, we don't see that much attitude on the news because....thats the broadcast.
There may be some muslims who don't have this twisted idea that some God is up there taking notes and sending tsuamis, disease, whatever....but how many? Now....it could be suggested that this ideology is a belief....I'm not buying it because what people wish is often carried out....Christian burning at the steak for example...send the devil to hell. Disdain will vent one way or another..basic physcology

The general population cannot differentiate when in bad times or under some kind of siege. Both Christianity and Islam must drop the hell-punishment insanity or loose the system all together over time. Muslims are very judgemental...No..? ...( politely

Way too judgemental for appropiate social compatability

Islam needs to be regulated as they refuse to organize or regulate the catastrohic and ridiculous contrast between the extreme and moderate.

Let me say....remember that clip a couple of months ago when the camera went and interviewed a gathering of americans at a brunch or something? All of them were asked if they had good thoughts and hopes for Muslim people....They all seemed nothing but casual and hope for the best for muslims...

Respectfully ...with this belief, we know this overall base gesture is not reciprocated,,no way. The message is clear...Our way or punishment on earth and afterlife..This stuff is nuts...( life punishment ideas....You often speak of Muslims stemming back many generations. ...Well I don't think people are concerned about the ones who have mixed in, so attention to those is not relevent in my opinion.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 01-15-2012 at 02:57 PM..

Old 01-15-2012, 02:42 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Just the fact that you show love a adoration for him makes you hateful towards CHristians and Jews. You encourage his dogma, you praise his murdering, oppressive, hateful dictatorshipness. You love the phylosophy that people of all other religions are dog-turd and diserved/diserves to be murdered and oppressed. Showering love for Muhammad is like heiling Hitler. Muhhammad was even MORE evil than Hitler. Hitler was one dictator. Islam is a whole SLEW of dictators.

Hmmmm, and as a member of the indigenous people I could say the same thing for Christianity. Christianity encouraged oppression and hatefulness towards the indigenous people of this land, so much so that they tried to eradicate them, isn't that right Little Hamer, so that they could steal their lands and all their resources. As I recall Hitler was a Christian so Christianity is just as bad as Islam.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:53 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,789,447 times
Quote:
It teaches that Christians and Jews can't be trusted. It is antiAmerican by nature. It is the opposite of freedom of religion.
I think that in one way you are right. It is people who follow a given religion, divide the world into sharp black and white categories based on that religion, and then dehumanize the "other" who cause these problems. Historically this has happened in a great many, possibly even all religions. No religion is free from this very human impulse to separate others into "us" and "them". This is certainly not just a Muslim problem, nor is it automatically inherent in Islamic doctrine, and more than it is inherent in Christianity or Judaism.

From my perspective, as an atheist and a libertarian leaning American, any religion that tries to extend its reach beyond voluntary participation and use the state to coerce behavior is wrong. As long as religions can refrain from this, they should be left alone. Muslims are no more a threat to America than were Catholics and Jews. It actually infuriates me that so much is made of this, particularly in my neck of the woods (I live near Detroit), and I am barely sympathetic to religion at all! Religious people of all stripes to think long and hard before pushing for legislation regarding belief or culture, because any measure used against one group can and almost invariably will be used against your own preferred religion. It is much better for the religious and a-religious alike to keep our common government strictly secular.

Sorry for the rant, but this kind of touched a nerve.

NoCapo

Old 01-15-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
I wasn't specifying an Arab area. What we noticed is all the neighbourhoods which were not european were a mess. Not something I expected. Plus there was no doubt about it.

Woodrow virtually all Muslims have this idea God sends punishment, we see it here in this forum for crying out loud..." may you recieve punishment for this or that"

When the wealthy Muslims can organize a proper distinction and eliminate this god sending punishment idea, Islam may get some un-prejudiced global regard. Right now there is zero regard ...lets face it, we don't see that much attitude on the news because....thats the broadcast.
There may be some muslims who don't have this twisted idea that some God is up there taking notes and sending tsuamis, disease, whatever. Now....it could be suggested that this ideology is a belief....I'm not buying it because what people wish is often carried out....Christian burning at the steak for example...send the devil to hell.

The general population cannot differentiate when in bad times or under some kind of siege. Both Christianity and Islam must drop the hell-punishment insanity or loose the system all together over time. Muslims are very judgemental...No..?

Islam needs to be regulated as they refuse to organize or regulate the catastrohic and ridiculous contrast between the extreme and moderate.

Let me say....remember that clip a couple of months ago when the camera went and interviewed a gathering of americans at a brunch or something? All of them were asked if they had good thoughts and hopes for Muslim people....They all seemed nothing but casual and hope for the best for muslims...

Respectfully ...with this belief, we know this overall base gesture is not reciprocated,,no way. The message is clear...Our way or punishment on earth and afterlife..This stuff is nuts...You often speak of Muslims stemming back many generations. ...Well I don't think people are concerned about the ones who have mixed in, so attention to those is not relevent in my opinion
The problem is people see us as being a centrally organized religion. We are not. Islam is a religion of personal responsibility and not the following of any leaders, except for the Shi'i who follow the ayatoullah of Iran.

The best we can do is to remind those coming here as migrants is we are forbidden to migrate to any Nation in which we can not follow the laws of the land. If we live in a Nation with laws that prevent us from following Islam, we are to leave that country.

Education needs to take place in the nations people are escaping from.

While many of us do come across as being very judgmental of others, that is more of a personal issue than any teaching. We are even very judgmental of each other. It is a trait many of us need to over come. One of my favorite people has expressed it nicely:

He also has some interesting views about extremists.

Many Muslims will pick and choose the parts of Islam to follow. They will take certain subjects (i.e halal meat, beard, etc..) very seriously and then completely ignore other subjects (i.e. how they treat their wife, riba, etc..). Some people will focus so much on certain subjects at the expense of not paying attention to other important subjects. This video about them....the Muslim Extremist. Feel free to share the video if you like the message in this video.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam