Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 12:40 AM

64 posts, read 88,835 times

Advertisements

Why are you writing hadiths firstly ? Who is your God ? Allah or the prophet Muhammad ?

As we discussed earlier, hadiths are forbidden. How you can be sure these are said by the prophet ? You cant believe in hadiths even if these are beautiful words. What Allah says in Quran, the prophet is just allowed to apply Quran. Whatt Allah says in Quran ? Quran is an easy book to be understood by everyone. What Allah says in Quran ? Quran is a book for people who thinks about it, who use their "brain".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 10:27 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
wa Alaikum Salaam wa Ramatullahi wa Baraktuhu

The Ahadith are not a bunch of commands. They are eyewitness accounts of how Muhammad(saws) and the Companions lived.

While one can obey Islam with the Qur'an alone, they will not know the history of it or even how to pray. The Ahadith, Sunnah, Madhabs, Tafsir, Etc are not the Qur'an but they give us the methodology of living as one Ummah.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:27 AM

64 posts, read 88,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
wa Alaikum Salaam wa Ramatullahi wa Baraktuhu

The Ahadith are not a bunch of commands. They are eyewitness accounts of how Muhammad(saws) and the Companions lived.

While one can obey Islam with the Qur'an alone, they will not know the history of it or even how to pray. The Ahadith, Sunnah, Madhabs, Tafsir, Etc are not the Qur'an but they give us the methodology of living as one Ummah.
Actually you're another person with closed brain function. Stop to listen your sheikh and read Quran. All the things is written in it clearly.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlife95 View Post
Actually you're another person with closed brain function. Stop to listen your sheikh and read Quran. All the things is written in it clearly.
Kind of hard to follow any person when you live in a rural area in North Dakota. I do read one Juz per day. I do read in Arabic.

I do not dwell over the Ahadith except to see the peace Islam brought to Muhammad(saws) and His Companions.

If you are following the 5 Pillars you are following the Ahadith.

If you do the 5 daily prayers you are following the Ahadith

If you have said the Shahadah you are following the Ahadith

For us Reverts to Islam it is virtually impossible to know even the very basics of Islam without the Ahadith.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:01 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
From the Qur'an

6:107 Yet if God had so willed, they would not have ascribed Divinity to aught besides him; hence, We have not made you their keeper, nor are you (of your own choice) a guardian over them.

4:79, 80 (Say to everyone of them,) 'Whatever good betides you is from God and whatever evil betides you is from your own self and that We have (O Prophet) sent you to mankind only as a messenger and all sufficing is God as witness. Whoso obeys the Messenger, he indeed obeys God. And for those who turn away, We have not sent you as a keeper."

11:28 (Noah to his people) He (Noah) said "O my people! think over it! If 1 act upon a clear direction from my Lord who has bestowed on me from Himself the Merciful talent of seeing the right way, a way which you cannot see for yourself, does it follow that we can force you to take the right path when you definitely decline to take it?

17:53, 54 And tell my servants that they should speak in a most kindly manner (unto those who do not share their beliefs). Verily, Satan is always ready to stir up discord between men; for verily; Satan is mans foe .... Hence, We have not sent you (Unto men O Prophet) with power to determine their Faith.

21:107 to 109 (O Prophet?) 'We have not sent you except to be a mercy to all mankind:" Declare, "Verily, what is revealed to me is this, your God is the only One God, so is it not up to you to bow down to Him?' But if they turn away then say, "I have delivered the Truth in a manner clear to one and all, and I know not whether the promised hour (of Judgment) is near or far."

22:67 To every people have We appointed ceremonial rites (of prayer) which they observe; therefore, let them not wrangle over this matter with you, but bid them to turn to your Lord (since that is the main objective of religion). You indeed are rightly guided. But if they still dispute you in this matter, (then say,) `God best knows (the value of) what you do."

88:21, 22; also see 24:54 And so, (O Prophet!) exhort them your task is only to exhort; you cannot compel them to believe.

48:28 He it is Who has sent forth His Messenger with the (task of spreading) Guidance and the Religion of Truth, to the end that tie make it prevail over every (false) religion, and none can bear witness to the Truth as God does.

36:16, 17 (Three Messengers to their people)Said (the Messengers), "Our Sustainer knows that we have indeed been sent unto you, but we are not bound to more than clearly deliver the Message entrusted to us.'

39:41 Assuredly, We have sent down the Book to you in right form for the good of man. Whoso guided himself by it does so to his own advantage, and whoso turns away from it does so at his own loss. You certainly are not their keeper.

42:6, 48 And whoso takes for patrons others besides God, over them does God keep a watch. Mark, you are not a keeper over them. But if they turn aside from you (do not get disheartened), for We have not sent you to be a keeper over them; your task is but to preach ....

64:12 Obey God then and obey the Messenger, but if you turn away (no blame shall attach to our Messenger), for the duty of Our Messenger is just to deliver the message.

67:25, 26 And they ask, "When shall the promise be fulfilled if you speak the Truth?" Say, "The knowledge of it is verily with God alone, and verily I am but a plain warner."
What is the penalty for apostasy?

Old 01-22-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
What is the penalty for apostasy?
If you are following the Qur'an, Ahadith and a valid Madhab, there is none.

Some individuals have taken it upon themselves to decide the penalty for apostasy is death. But, no Islamic nation has it as a crime in their laws.

No one has ever been arrested for apostasy in any Islamic nations. It is true apostates have been arrested and executed, but they were found guilty of other crimes.

The currently most noticeable one is the Pastor in Iran. Youcef Nadarkhani who is an apostate. However the crime he is actually charged with is Rape. It appears that he has since been cleared of all charges and released. I haven't found anything about him after his release in September of 2012

Old 01-22-2014, 06:52 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
If you are following the Qur'an, Ahadith and a valid Madhab, there is none.

Some individuals have taken it upon themselves to decide the penalty for apostasy is death. But, no Islamic nation has it as a crime in their laws.

No one has ever been arrested for apostasy in any Islamic nations. It is true apostates have been arrested and executed, but they were found guilty of other crimes.

The currently most noticeable one is the Pastor in Iran. Youcef Nadarkhani who is an apostate. However the crime he is actually charged with is Rape. It appears that he has since been cleared of all charges and released. I haven't found anything about him after his release in September of 2012
I assume that you are aware that your interpretations are in contradictions with many, if not most, Muslim scholars. From WikiIslam:

Quote:
Apostasy (ارتداد, irtidād and ridda) i.e. the rejection of faith, is a serious offense in Islam. The punishment for apostasy as prescribed by Prophet Muhammad is death. A murtad (مرتد apostate) who hides his apostasy is referred to as a munāfiq (منافق hypocrite).
I don't know much about Islam, but what I've read seems quite clear. Many Hadith are quite clear that death is the penalty for leaving Islam.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I assume that you are aware that your interpretations are in contradictions with many, if not most, Muslim scholars. From WikiIslam:

I don't know much about Islam, but what I've read seems quite clear. Many Hadith are quite clear that death is the penalty for leaving Islam.
Wiki Islam is an anti-Islamic site. Contrary to it's name it is a hate site very anti-Islam. It does give out false information about Islam as a means to mislead non-Muslims.

The site has been denounced on numerous actual Muslim sites, but some people still believe wikiislam is an actual Islamic site.

A few examples:

HERE

Quote:
WikiIslam is an anti-Islamic wiki, describing itself as "[a wiki with] 2500+ critical articles on various areas of Islam based on its own sources, the Qur'an, hadith and Islamic scholars."
It was launched on September 4, 2006, in collaboration with Ali Sina and Faith Freedom International (FFI) who provided the site with server space and exposure. In August 2008, the site was moved out of FFI's server and since then it has been operating independently, remaining unaffiliated with or owned by any organization.
SOURCE

As for the Ahadith (Plural of Hadith), they are not commandments. I don't want to take this thread off topic and turn it into a discussion of the Ahadith. I will try to find the old thread about ahadith and revive it.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:56 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
I am saddened you experienced that.

Can you recall what questions you felt discouraged to ask?
It's been a while, but it was really general questions about the community. First the person would do some random praise, then go on on how I should just learn Arabic and read the Quran.

How am I going to really find out how the community is if I am reading a book? That's like finding out how a programmer's personality is by learning computer science. I love Maher Zane's music and I've met one Muslim at my old job. But I was hoping to find out online from some people, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I already know how Christians are, lol. See example Joel Osteen. Big, fake, loves your money and free taxes.

I mean listen to this guy's voice! WOW! Even in Arabic, it's equally impressive.

Last edited by shiphead; 01-26-2014 at 07:04 PM..

Old 01-26-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
It's been a while, but it was really general questions about the community. First the person would do some random praise, then go on on how I should just learn Arabic and read the Quran.

How am I going to really find out how the community is if I am reading a book? That's like finding out how a programmer's personality is by learning computer science. I love Maher Zane's music and I've met one Muslim at my old job. But I was hoping to find out online from some people, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I already know how Christians are, lol. See example Joel Osteen. Big, fake, loves your money and free taxes.
I think you will find that us Muslims are much more individualistic than most other religions. I have found that Muslims from the Mideast have a Mideastern culture, those from Lithuania and Poland (Lietuva Lipkas) have essentially a Lithuanian/Polish culture, those from China have a Chinese culture.

I find the only things all Muslims have in common is we all try to follow the same 5 pillars of faith.

My wife is Native American (Cheyenne tribe) I am Lietuva Lipkas (Lithuanian Tatar) I doubt if either of us would meet any concept you have of a Muslim.

With the few Muslims that post on this forum, you may notice considerable differences among us. Islam is more a religion of Personal responsibility rather than a culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam