Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 12:17 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,428,640 times

Advertisements

And when you say "need to know", you are opening the door for anything, and I say anything, other than the religion itself.

You can, and people do, invent their own religion from picked out info contained in any religion, however this makes it no longer the mother religion it came from.

You have a new version,

When I look at a religion, and I have looked into a few, I like to contest the validity of the writings, and the content.
The message, not a new message I can invent by just using a few verses.

Regardless what you invent out of the religion, you are still brainwashed into thinking it is still Islam, which it is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 12:36 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
A serious problem there is the reading of the Qur'an.

You cannot really learn anything about Islam by reading the Qur'an, and even if you try, you have to know the correct way to read it.
Partially true. However, we do believe Allaah(swt) will guide those who are truly seeking.

Islam is nothing more and nothing less than serving Allaah(swt) (Submiting to Allah) to the best of our ability and knowledge. It is an ongoing process that we must seek on our own.

The Basics of Islam are contained in 3 short Surat

Quote:
1. Surah Al-Fatihah

In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, Most Merciful

1. In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

2. All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

3. The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

4. The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)

5. You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).

6. Guide us to the Straight Way

7. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger nor of those who went astray

109. Surah Al-Kaafiroon (The Disbelievers)

1. Say: to these Mushrikun and Kafirun): "O Al-Kafirun (disbelievers in Allah, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.)!

2. "I worship not that which you worship,

3. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

4. "And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.

5. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

6. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islamic Monotheism)."

112. Surah Al-Ikhlaas or At-Tauhid (The Purity)

1. Say : "He is Allah, (the) One.

2. "Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks).

3. "He begets not, nor was He begotten;

4. "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."
Many Scholars often make the comment that Surah 112 (al-Ilhlaas) is one third of the Qur'an HERE

That is what it is essential for all Muslims to know. Anything else is supplemental of benefit but required only to our ability and resources to learn.

Being Muslim is an ongoing path of self learning. Perfection is not required only the desire to try our best to reach perfection. Something we humans will not do. But we all can continue to learn throughout our life.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Woodrow, other Muslims and non-Muslim observers and questioners... Please ignore Jim_A's posts as he has demonstrated that he already has a conclusion about Islam and the Muslim world and will therefore attempt to make leading questions as well as cherry-pick facts and opinions to support the conclusion he has already made.

Don't feed trolls. That's all I have to say.
If he is here to sincerly seek answers to his questions it is our sin if we fail to answer him.

I am convinced he sincerely believes what he posts and as such is deserving of answers to the best of our ability.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:54 PM

Woodrow, none of that made any sense.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
And when you say "need to know", you are opening the door for anything, and I say anything, other than the religion itself.

You can, and people do, invent their own religion from picked out info contained in any religion, however this makes it no longer the mother religion it came from.

You have a new version,

When I look at a religion, and I have looked into a few, I like to contest the validity of the writings, and the content.
The message, not a new message I can invent by just using a few verses.

Regardless what you invent out of the religion, you are still brainwashed into thinking it is still Islam, which it is not.
The religion itself is very simple.All people will be judged and we all will be rewarded for our good deeds, thoughts and intentions. We all will also be punished for our bad deeds.

We do believe that most die as a Muslim will enter heaven after they have completed any remaining punishment for their sins.

The very basic Muslim has at at a minimum has said the Shahadah with sincerity.

The path for a Muslim to enter heaven is to Believe and do Good Deeds. For a little clearer explanation see HERE

Old 09-26-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Woodrow, none of that made any sense.
Rewording.

I am convinced you are here because you are sincere about your beliefs of Islam. You are here in peace and not our of malice.

If none of us here address your opinions that is our sin.

Your presence here is very much welcome.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The religion itself is very simple.All people will be judged and we all will be rewarded for our good deeds, thoughts and intentions. We all will also be punished for our bad deeds.

We do believe that most die as a Muslim will enter heaven after they have completed any remaining punishment for their sins.

The very basic Muslim has at at a minimum has said the Shahadah with sincerity.

The path for a Muslim to enter heaven is to Believe and do Good Deeds. For a little clearer explanation see HERE

The big problem is what is good and bad.

Morals are a part of society and what is moral for one is not for another.

if you kill jews and Christians, you are a good muslim.

If I do that, I am a sinner.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
The big problem is what is good and bad.

Morals are a part of society and what is moral for one is not for another.

if you kill jews and Christians, you are a good muslim.

If I do that, I am a sinner.
Sadly in this world good and bad have to be defined by law.

I do not believe I am commanded to kill anyone and that I am obligated to desire for all people what I desire for my self--ie Do unto your neighbor as you would have him do unto you.

As for morality To a large extent we all have very similar innate concepts of morality.

As for obligations of following laws, I believe we are to abide by the laws of the land we are in, if we can't we should leave and seek to live where we can abide by the laws.

With that said a basic concept of good is that which benefits mankind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam