Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 AM

2 posts, read 2,343 times

Advertisements

Quran is the main source of Islamic knowledge. If someone wants to know about Islam, it is better to start with Quran. Here is a wonderful site with collection of verses on different topics:[url=http://www.quranictopics.com]Topics of the Holy Quran[/url]

Old 06-03-2010, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,353 times
Default a

Aslamualaykum to all members

Old 06-03-2010, 10:56 PM

397 posts, read 608,513 times
im not sure if these questions have been answered or not but if they havent i like to give my answers to the best of my knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Who is the God of Islam? I mean who is Allah? Is Allah a direct translation for GOD? If Islamic men get virgins in the after life what do the women get? And why would a man need so many virgins?
the arabic language derived from spanish. the word for diety or god in arabic is "lah" "illah" means a god like you would say in spanish el toro, la mano. in essence anything can be worshipped as a god but "Allah" means THE god. nothing else. so Allah can mean nothing else but the one god that is the creator of the heavens and earth. good question, i had that same question before i reverted to islam.

as far as the men and women, before god we are all equal. you get what you ask for that is permissable by allah, meaning you cant/wont ask Allah for a group of people to torture or something like that, youll be in a pure state in front of allah and a man will ask for that he wants and he will get what he wants same with a woman. your going to spend eternity in paradise so if a man desire one woman he shall receive them, if a woman wants one man Allah will grant them their wishes. but if they want more why not. no one will be jealous and there is no lust in paradise. no harmful feelings. its hard to think of it that way because of the way our minds are on earth but in paradise things are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothylogan3 View Post
Whats up with suicide bombing in islam dear friend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothylogan3 View Post
is it really religious based?
i honestly dont know why they believe that what them committing suicide and killing innocent people is part of the religion. all i can say is its not. ive heard of where they might get an idea about it, but they could be doing it for many reasons, religous or non religous, but either way islamicly its not right. there are many verses that say that taking away a life, that includes your own, is not permissable. i mean people commit suicide non religously and have committed terrorism in the past non religously, and as much as they may believe that they have a good reason to do it, religously or not, its never ok. so i hope that answers your question

Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
i read the qur'an before. though im not a muslim i found beauty in it, but some say it encourages terrorism. would you defend it against this accusation? if so how would you defend it?
Quote:
what is your take on some of the more controversial things in the qur'an. i find them to be easily taken out of context. most have more of a self defense message in them, but some would be hard to defend
i would never do anything related to terrorism. nowhere in the quran does it say that its permissable to take the life of anyone, including your own. im not part of what theyre doing overseas. its not part of islam. killing innocent people and doing it in the name of Allah is not right. and in no way is it permissable in islam. you can only defend yourself. meaning for example. i heard of one of the brothers that used to work at a gas station with a good friend of his. they were working late one nite and 2 people with guns came in with the intention to rob them. he tells the friend behind the counter to give him his wallet, the guy gives him the wallet and the robber shoots him and kills him. then he points the gun at the brother and tells him the same. the brother, fortunately, had a gun so instead of reaching for his wallet he grabbed his gun and shot the robber. because he knew whether he gave him his wallet or not he was going to shoot him. well the robbers accomplace had drawn his gun at the the brother and the brother shot him first. the brother took two lives that day. and to this day may allah have mercy on him for taking the lives of others because he did not have the intention to kill anyone in his life. its just unfortunate that he had to. but we can only defend ourselves. its not permissable to do what they do overseas or what happened on 911.

there were muslims that worked in the towers as well as non muslims. but the families of those muslims that worked there are suffering just as much as anyone else who lost someone that day. what happened that day was horrible. it shouldve never happened. but instead of making things easier for those muslims that lost their loved ones, some people taunt them, call them names, say things like happy 911, or go back to your country. were all people just like everyone else. we just believe something different and its a shame that some people fail to recognize these things. its not all muslims and those who claimed to be muslims and are terrorizing, theyre not practicing islam the way it should be practiced.

Quote:
can you as a muslim accept people of other religions or people who aren't religious?
islamically we cant do anything about people believing whatever it is they believe or dont believe. its only when they try and force their beliefs onto us. but as far as living together in a society thats perfectly fine. we do not necessarily accept other religions because we have our own, but it only becomes an issue when they try and force their religion on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm still a bit unclear on the origin and difference between Shi'ite and Sunni Muslims. Could you please explain that? And are there further divisions (what Protestant Christians might call "denominations") within Sunni and Shi'a?
there are many sects of each religion. all because on group will accept something that another doesnt. for example the quran and hadiths are supposed to go hand in hand but some groups dont believe this. so some just follow the quran and not the hadiths, some follow some hadiths, some make their own beliefs but stay in islam, some worship muhammeds son as a part of god like christ in christianity... so theres many different things and i believe theres 73 different sects in islam... you can find the list on google im sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
where did you get your symbol of the moon from?
islam doesnt really have a symbol. this was just made as a symbol because its the sign of rammadan which is an islamic period of time and celebration where we fast for a month and give gifts on the last day. but as far as islam having a symbol, it doesnt. im also not sure who decided to make it a symbol of islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
What is the Muslim stance on those who do not believe in Allah or God such as myself? Does the Islamic point of view consider one who believes in the Christian God any better or worse than one who denies god altogether?
islam does not agree with the christian god because the christian god believes in a god of three. and we worship God alone. we do not worship any other diety but Allah. we do not believe god is in parts and we believe jesus was a prophet like muhammed and moses but we do no believe he is neccessarily a part of god. nor the holy spirit. we do not say who or what you can or cant worship but its lik i said before, if your religion is forced on us thats when it becomes an issue but if we all believe what we all believe there is no issues.
to a complete non believer they will be forever in the hellfire. as far as anyone who believes in god and has not recieved the message of islam, meaning the understanding and not just what your hear or see on tv, then they will be tested on the day of judgment. Allah does not punish those who dont know until they are sent a messenger. but as far as a christian and an atheist, who is "better" an atheist is hellound if truly in their heart they deny Allah, but a christian...im assuming they will be judged accordingly, many things, im sure, will be taken into account on a christian or jews or whoevers day of judgment, whether they recieved the message of islam or not but it is always up to Allah. i hope that answers your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
This may be of on a tangent but; Why aren't womens rights groups in ths USA more Vocal in support of womens rights in the Islamic countries? Why isn't Hillary "C" up there hollering for freedom for those poor women getting the heck beat out of them or killed for no reason???
as far as the beating and killing of women by muslim men. this is not part of islam. muhammed never beat his wives, nor killed them. back then women had no rights. it was muhammed that actually gave women rights when no one else would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Christians too say that you must be a Christian or you will die[and go to hell].
"no one cometh to the father but by me"
Seems to me that all the big religions are full of violence and threats
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
This pretty well explains what Muslims are taught about Jews, Christians, and indeed - any other religion:

Hadith Sahih Muslim (4363) "You (the Jews) should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle and I wish to expel you from this land (Arabia)
Qur'an (4366) "I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslims."
(Qur'an 48:29) "Those who follow Muhammad are merciless for the unbelievers but kind to each other."
Qur'an (60:4) "Enmity and hatred will reign between us until ye believe in Allah alone."
Qur'an (8:39) (2:193) "Make war on them until idolatory does not exist any longer and Allah's religion reigns universally."
Qur'an (9:123) "Fight the unbelievers in your surroundings, and let them find harshness in you."
Qur'an (9:5) "Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them, capture and besiege them and prepare for them every kind of ambush."
Qur'an (5:72-73) "For he who believes in the Trinity, "the Fire will be his abode ' a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemer."
all the prophets came with one message. Obey God. if moses were around when christ was walkng the earth moses would have no choice but to follow the way of christ because he was the messenger at the time. and if both were alive when muhammed walked the earth both would have no choice but to follow him because he is the final messenger. thats actually a hadith. but christians say that because they deny the prophet muhammed even though it talks about his coming in the bible. so up until before muhammed came, the message was that you must follow the way of christ.

insha allah i hope this answered all your questions

Old 06-06-2010, 12:49 PM

25 posts, read 53,419 times
erm this thread, isn't real is it
tell me its not

Old 06-07-2010, 05:18 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,584 times
I want to know why muhammad's word is better then all the other people throughout history who claim to have had god tell them to tell us what to do?

Old 06-07-2010, 07:48 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAbound2010 View Post
erm this thread, isn't real is it
tell me its not
It's not.

That is, the veneer of education about Islam probably has a darker underside, shall we say.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:35 PM

896 posts, read 1,865,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
It's not.

That is, the veneer of education about Islam probably has a darker underside, shall we say.

Thanks for this thread. I find it interesting and more edifying than many of the other threads in this section.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:40 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma12006 View Post
i will try to feedback all about any thing in ISLAM

good luke to all friends here
Why do you stone women?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:37 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
It's not.

yes a very thick layer of loadstone and diorite, very dence stuff, just like the qu'ran

Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 PM

397 posts, read 608,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I want to know why muhammad's word is better then all the other people throughout history who claim to have had god tell them to tell us what to do?
well it depends on what your talking about. if you mean the three most dominant religions in the world, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, like why do they all believe what they believe. we all truly believe in the same god. Christians and Jews just don't know it. We all believe in the creator of the heavens and of the earth, the owner of the day of judgment. the only problem is that some people just either don't like change, won't accept it, or just don't want to believe it. I'm sure there's many other reasons but i believe these to be some of the main ones. For example, Moses was sent from Allah just as Jesus Christ and Muhammad were. but as time goes on things change. people change. society changes, etc. I'm not sure exactly, if this is why Allah has sent messengers, but it would make sense. Anyways. Jews believe in Moses, who came with the message of God, Christians believe both in Moses and Christ, but the Jews deny Christ as a prophet. and then you have Islam. Muslims believe in Moses, Christ, Muhammad and all the other prophets mentioned in the Quran. most Christians believe in the same prophets too, except for the ones that came after Christ. they believe Christ has been the last prophet. even though i can point out passages in the bible that talk about the arrival of Muhammad, and how he will bring a new law. many other things too but that's just one. but Either way, we all believe in ONE GOD. Its just like a tree though. you have one straight path to God but along the way it branches out to many different beliefs one how to get to god. like the way Christians divide god into three parts (the father, the son, and the holy spirit). its not that Muhammad's word is necessarily "better", its just as important as any of the other prophets messages that came before him. It is however the FINAL word of Allah. meaning that if Moses and Christ were alive at the time of the prophet Muhammad, Moses born first and preaching the Torah, and then Christ coming along while Moses is still alive and starts preaching the Gospel, Moses would have NO CHOICE but to follow the last word of god, then if they were both alive in the time of Muhammad and he came with the Quran, both would have no choice but to follow him because its the FINAL word of Allah. so in essence, its not necessarily better, but it is the final message of Allah. all came with the same message essentially, OBEY GOD, but as times change so does the ruling of Allah because since the beginning of time the fitna would only get harder. the thing around us today werent arounf at the time of Moses. things were not so easily accessible. its much harder to refrain from sin now-a-days than back then because things have changed... but Allah has stated that the fitna would only get harder. hope this answered the question...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam