Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 06:08 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am just wondering.. is there any way to know if a Muslim girl is married? Do they wear wedding rings?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 12:42 AM

209 posts, read 414,333 times
Peace be on you.....
1-Just on a lighter note....Please do not mind......surely it is innocent question.

Question has words 'wedding rings' and the user id is 'bur....' . !! Interesting coincidence.

2-Mrs. / Name / or ring.

Additional information:
i- Muslim woman can marry Muslim man only, as Holy Quran explicitly commands.
ii-To observe chastity is fundamental for Muslim men and Muslim women, according to Holy Quran.

Last edited by PromisedPeace; 06-11-2013 at 12:51 AM..

Old 06-11-2013, 01:18 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,397,885 times
Peace be on you too

may l ask you ..what happen if she fall in love for a not muslim man?

may l ask you what mean ...to stone????

Old 06-11-2013, 04:57 AM

Default First Choice, First Loyalty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
Peace be on you too

may l ask you ..what happen if she fall in love for a not muslim man?

may l ask you what mean ...to stone????
Peace be on you.

From Ahmadiyya Muslim point of view (but in personal humble capacity):

1- She (and every believer) first of all should fall in love with her (their) Maker, Sustainer, Fashioner and Protector Allah. And obey His commandments which are fortress of safety for her (and all believers).

2- Stoning to death is not applicable in any case, according to Ahmadiyya Muslims (alislamDOTorg).

3- Islam prohibits free mixing of opposite genders so that subsequent troubles may not arise. A particular person is not the end of the tunnel. However if man is sincere, should learn and accept her faith and should be checked too and all Islamic protocols be observed.

Last edited by PromisedPeace; 06-11-2013 at 05:08 AM..

Old 06-11-2013, 05:03 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,547 times
Did I miss an answer to the question? Is there a way to see without asking if a woman is married in Islam?

Old 06-11-2013, 07:22 AM

Already briefly written in reply at # 2 above

" 2-Mrs. / Name / or ring. "

Explanation:
Just like other woman:
i- they can be recognized by prefix Mrs.
ii- or last name (but it could be of father too)
iii- or wearing a ring (but again, they may wear as jewelry too)

No such religious rule. It is just like other woman in world. Appearance will not reveal. If in any local culture, Islamic married woman use any identity, I do not know. But religiously no such identification is prescribed as of my humble knowledge.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:39 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,069,432 times
There is no way to know by looking.

However there is very little opportunity to meet a Pious Muslim woman through chance as Muslim males and females do not intermix socially.

Muslims do not date or are never alone with a woman until after marriage.

We meet our perspective spouse mainly through the recommendation of family and friends.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:43 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There is no way to know by looking.

However there is very little opportunity to meet a Pious Muslim woman through chance as Muslim males and females do not intermix socially.

Muslims do not date or are never alone with a woman until after marriage.

We meet our perspective spouse mainly through the recommendation of family and friends.

Darn, I've been talking to a cute Muslim girl, looks like I might not have a chance She's not married either.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:54 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,069,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Darn, I've been talking to a cute Muslim girl, looks like I might not have a chance She's not married either.
If you met a cute Muslim Girl in a social context, it is questionable if she is a practicing Muslim.

Our "courtship" is a bit different from that of many other faiths.

We first find out who a girl's wali (Usually her father) is and inform him we are interested in marrying the young lady and from there work out the negotiation of a marriage contract.

If the girl accepts the contract we then may meet accompanied by her wali to discuss it further before we both sign it in front of witnesses.

When we both sign the contract that is our marriage. No ceremony required. The Big ceremony many think is a marriage is the Walimah, a big get together for the Couple to publicly announce they are married.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:03 PM

762 posts, read 1,216,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Hi, I am just wondering.. is there any way to know if a Muslim girl is married? Do they wear wedding rings?
Some wear wedding rings, men cannot wear gold rings but silver are OK. For women I don't think it matters. It maybe depends on wear your Muslim girl is from e:g I know of a Turkish Muslim girl who met, fell in love with and married a non Muslim man and her parents were fine with this and he was not asked to convert to Islam. It's more usual tho if you are a man you have to convert to Islam in order to marry a Muslim woman. In most cases it would be marriage or engagement..forget dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam