Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 10:23 PM

675 posts, read 544,292 times

Advertisements

As far as I know he never performed any miracles.

So what is the proof that he was God's Prophet?

Last edited by medellinheel; 01-28-2015 at 10:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 11:00 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Allaah(swt) perfomed hundred if not thousands of Miracles through Muhammad(saaws).
Unlike some people we do not flaunt the miracles performed through the Prophets(PBUT) nor worship any Prophet(PBUT)
But many miracles are mentioned in the Ahadith
Here is a listing of a few

The Miracles of Muhammad (part 1 of 3) - The Religion of Islam

Old 01-28-2015, 11:10 PM

hmm

this seems to be debatable.

Muhammad and Miracles

Old 01-29-2015, 09:38 AM

121 posts, read 136,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
As far as I know he never performed any miracles.
Then you don't know anything.
Have you read his biography?
Have Googled the topic?

if not, How do you expect to know?

Old 01-29-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABILBB View Post
Then you don't know anything.
Have you read his biography?
Have Googled the topic?

if not, How do you expect to know?
yea i googled. found conflicting opinions.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
yea i googled. found conflicting opinions.
There are conflicting opinions about all miracles no matter what Prophet Moses, Jesus, Muhammad (Peace be upon all of them) or any other Prophet perfomed them.
Miracles are beyond the natural world and can not be physically proven as they can not be duplicated.
In regards to Miracles the best any of us can offer as proof is the handed down testimony of witnesses.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There are conflicting opinions about all miracles no matter what Prophet Moses, Jesus, Muhammad (Peace be upon all of them) or any other Prophet perfomed them.
Miracles are beyond the natural world and can not be physically proven as they can not be duplicated.
In regards to Miracles the best any of us can offer as proof is the handed down testimony of witnesses.
I am not talking about whether or not they actually performed miracles or not.

I am talking about if it is clear / explicit in the Quran that Muhammad performed miracles.

I think I remember reading where Mohammad specifically said he didn't perform any miracles.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I am not talking about whether or not they actually performed miracles or not.

I am talking about if it is clear / explicit in the Quran that Muhammad performed miracles.

I think I remember reading where Mohammad specifically said he didn't perform any miracles.
To begin with the Qur'an is not about Muhammad(saaws) he is only mentioned in it by name 4 times.
Some detractors of Islam do point to some ayyats in they Qur'an and clain they specifically state Muhammad(saaws) did not perform any miracles;

And they that know not say, 'Why does God not speak to us? Why does a sign (ayatun) not come to us?' So spoke those before them as these men say; their hearts are much alike. Yet We have made clear the signs (bayyanna al-ayati) unto a people who are sure. S. 2:118

Yet if thou shouldst bring to those that have been given the Book every sign (ayatun), they will not follow thy direction; thou art not a follower of their direction, neither are they followers of one another's direction. If thou followest their caprices, after the knowledge that has come to thee, then thou wilt surely be among the evildoers. S. 2:145

They also say, 'Why has no sign (ayatun) been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Say: 'Surely God is able to send down a sign (ayatan), but most of them know not.' S. 6:37

They have sworn by God the most earnest oaths if a sign (ayatun) comes to them they will believe in it. Say: 'Signs (al-ayatu) are only with God.' What will make you realize that, when it comes, they will not believe? S. 6:109

They say, 'Why has a sign (ayatun) not been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Say: 'The Unseen belongs only to God. Then watch and wait; I shall be with you watching and waiting.' S. 10:20

The unbelievers say, 'Why has a sign (ayatun) not been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Thou art ONLY a warner, and a guide to every people. S. 13:7

Then, it may be that you will give up part of what is revealed to you and your breast will become straightened by it because they say: Why has not a treasure been sent down upon him or an angel come with him? You are ONLY a warner; and Allah is custodian over all things. S. 11:12 Shakir

The unbelievers say, 'Why has a sign (ayatun) not been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Say: 'God leads astray whomsoever He will, and He guides to Him all who are penitent.' S. 13:27

Naught prevented Us from sending the signs (bial-ayati) but that the ancients cried lies to them; and We brought Thamood the She-camel visible, but they did her wrong. And We do not send the signs, except to frighten. S. 17:59

Those are often given as proof that Muhammad(saaws) did not perform any miracles. I bolded some parts to maybe help you understand. The unbelievers were being addressed and specifically their saying Muhammad(PBUH) had not shown them any signs. The simple response is that even though they saw, they did not believe.

It also shows that the detractors do not believe the Qur'an is the exact word of God(saaws) and was not written by Muhammad(saaws)
If the Qur'an had mentioned miracles of Muihammad(saaws) it would be strong evidence Muhammad(PBUH) had written it. But the Qur'an is not about Muhammad((PBUH)
For information about Muhammad(saaws) one must read the eyewitness accounts, the things people actually saw Muhammad(PBUH) do.

For example:

Volume 1, Book 4, Number 170:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

I saw Allah's Apostle when the 'Asr prayer was due and the people searched for water to perform ablution but they could not find it. Later on (a pot full of) water for ablution was brought to Allah's Apostle . He put his hand in that pot and ordered the people to perform ablution from it. I saw the water springing out from underneath his fingers till all of them performed the ablution

Volume 1, Book 4, Number 194:

Narrated Anas:

It was the time for prayer, and those whose houses were near got up and went to their people (to perform ablution), and there remained some people (sitting). Then a painted stove pot (Mikhdab) containing water was brought to Allah's Apostles The pot was small, not broad enough for one to spread one's hand in; yet all the people performed ablution. (The sub narrator said, "We asked Anas, 'How many persons were you?' Anas replied 'We were eighty or more")

Volume 1, Book 4, Number 199:

Narrated Thabit:

Anas said, "The Prophet asked for water and a tumbler with a broad base and no so deep, containing a small quantity of water, was brought to him whereby he put his fingers in it." Anas further said, ' noticed the water springing out from amongst his fingers." Anas added, ' estimated that the people who performed ablution with it numbered between seventy to eighty."

Old 01-29-2015, 04:58 PM

^^

you want to condense that in a short summary? lol

Old 01-29-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
^^

you want to condense that in a short summary? lol
The ayyats are relating what the unbelievers said about Muhammad(PBUH)

The Ahadith quoted relate a small bowl of water being replenished with water from Muhammad(saaws)'s fingers and enough water produced for about 80 people to do wudu (The 3 times rinsing of mouth, nose ears and the 3 times washing of feet, hands, arms face and head)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam