Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 11:17 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,164,515 times

Advertisements

it always amuses me that con man come up with all sorts of things that can never be proven. And what's more, you're bad if you ask for proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 05:14 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,086,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
it always amuses me that con man come up with all sorts of things that can never be proven. And what's more, you're bad if you ask for proof.
What proof do you have that your grand father's father's father was your great grand father?

Unless you can find his grave and start the DNA testing through chain of generations, you don't have a proof that you had a great grand father. Do you?

Give me a scientific proof that you had a great grand father. I don't want logical reasoning - I want a scientific proof and undeniable evidence.

Go start finding the grave now.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:17 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,164,515 times
"What proof do you have that your grand father's father's father was your great grand father?"

None, and I don't care. My grand father's father's father is not a so-called prophet that demands terrorism and taking over the world and has 1.3 billion followers of this insanity today. My grand father's father's father is not making claims to represent the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE or BE THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE !!

Seriously. THINK. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." --Carl Sagan

And I'm not even making any claim about my supposed grand father's father's father. Why would I? It's Islam that is making the enormous claims.

Islam is the biggest con EVER.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:48 AM

283 posts, read 327,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Looks like Jackson Bradu left the building.
Nope, I'm still here

Old 11-22-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBradu View Post
Nope, I'm still here
So as per your OP, seeing is believing?

Old 11-22-2015, 12:19 PM

283 posts, read 327,608 times
Quote:
So as per your OP, seeing is believing?
Yes, I need some kind of divine intervention

There are thousands of recorded deities in the history of mankind and many are threatening eternal torture if you pick against them so I need more than just books and "faith" when choosing what to believe in.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Yes, I need some kind of divine intervention

There are thousands of recorded deities in the history of mankind and many are threatening eternal torture if you pick against them so I need more than just books and "faith" when choosing what to believe in.
So you are saying you will believe only if you see it?

Old 11-22-2015, 04:21 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,360 times
Quote:
"What proof do you have that your grand father's father's father was your great grand father?"

None, and I don't care. My grand father's father's father is not a so-called prophet that demands terrorism and taking over the world and has 1.3 billion followers of this insanity today. My grand father's father's father is not making claims to represent the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE or BE THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE !!

Seriously. THINK. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." --Carl Sagan

And I'm not even making any claim about my supposed grand father's father's father. Why would I? It's Islam that is making the enormous claims.

Islam is the biggest con EVER.
All religions are the biggest con, ever. ALL OF THEM. Religion is the bane of human existence. If it were not for religion, the world would not be at war with each other to establish which god is the most correct.
Religious people live their entire lives worried about what will happen after they die instead of focusing on life trying to make the world a better place for our posterity.
Humans are really, really stupid.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:39 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Look, we can argue which religion is right until we're blue in the face. Is it a good idea to simply cut to the chase and ask Allah to show himself to me?

Has anyone ever done this?
Absolutely not..then of course I grew up with a healthy understanding of what does and HOW he does it!! They call it FAITH for a reason..God does NOT have to prove anything to anyone demanding it!!

How it's done is basically asking for a sign or something to assist you or maybe ask for forgiveness of some selfish deed you did...BUT SMH..Goag/Allah does NOT need to prove anything to us simple Human Form!!

IF you do NOT believe in the "Holy Spirit" fine and dandy..That's you..demanding an audience seems rather ..How should I say it??? Rather demanding..Trying to be kind.. My Bolded is a character trait very common amongst human kind..so you have many amongst your flock

Quote:
Proof of a "Spirituality" is kind of silly..since Human beings actually are only a skin and flesh creature...Spirit is intangible..unless you are fortunate enough to sense, feel, acknowledge it's presence ...You are NOT ever considered "BAD" if you are unaware..It only mean's you lack faith of such a thing..No harm no foul!

Then of course..lacking faith..and those who go about ridiculing..bashing those who have it..is nothing but indicative of early evolution of your soul...

I say this above..because after talking with so many who have clinically died ..then got brought back..explained what they felt, learned and NOW appreciate why they are here on earth....I asked why?? They all said..because during that time..I came to understand!! yet couldn't explain why they did..but their experience was so understood immediately..They all came back with a "Mission in Life" to finish!!

The years of experiencing such things truly solidified my "Blind Faith" as a child and young adult..to something totally validating....Not all human beings are at the same stage of evolving souls

Quote:
So you are saying you will believe only if you see it?
I think it's pretty clear..OP may not believe anything without proof..but no doubt believes stories perpetuated by propagandists ..It's a human nature I guess

Old 11-22-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Absolutely not..then of course I grew up with a healthy understanding of what does and HOW he does it!! They call it FAITH for a reason..God does NOT have to prove anything to anyone demanding it!!

How it's done is basically asking for a sign or something to assist you or maybe ask for forgiveness of some selfish deed you did...BUT SMH..Goag/Allah does NOT need to prove anything to us simple Human Form!!

IF you do NOT believe in the "Holy Spirit" fine and dandy..That's you..demanding an audience seems rather ..How should I say it??? Rather demanding..Trying to be kind.. My Bolded is a character trait very common amongst human kind..so you have many amongst your flock

Proof of a "Spirituality" is kind of silly..since Human beings actually are only a skin and flesh creature...Spirit is intangible..unless you are fortunate enough to sense, feel, acknowledge it's presence ...You are NOT ever considered "BAD" if you are unaware..It only mean's you lack faith of such a thing..No harm no foul!

Then of course..lacking faith..and those who go about ridiculing..bashing those who have it..is nothing but indicative of early evolution of your soul...

I say this above..because after talking with so many who have clinically died ..then got brought back..explained what they felt, learned and NOW appreciate why they are here on earth....I asked why?? They all said..because during that time..I came to understand!! yet couldn't explain why they did..but their experience was so understood immediately..They all came back with a "Mission in Life" to finish!!

The years of experiencing such things truly solidified my "Blind Faith" as a child and young adult..to something totally validating....Not all human beings are at the same stage of evolving souls

I think it's pretty clear..OP may not believe anything without proof..but no doubt believes stories perpetuated by propagandists ..It's a human nature I guess
The "proof" to OP in this case is to "see".
So the oracle to verify is to visually see it. And I am trying to verify that, since he wanted God to "show" himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam