Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 11:07 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You can experience and feel those things. You can not give absolute unbiased proof they exist. cold for example is not a thing, is it a lack of heat whic also is a perception not a thing. What we experience as cold is personal to each of us. time as an entity does not exist, it is the meaurement of a relationship. We can not even "Prove" that any 2 clocks have the exact same time. As no 2 clocks exist in the exact same place. We can not measure "see' 2 clocks at the exact same time as there is a distance, no matter how small between them.

In many thingsd all we can do is experience and maybe measure the effects. but we can not measure or see what it is we are describing.
Heat isn't a perception. If no one could perceive heat, it would still exist if "exchangeable energy through motion" existed. But still, what the O.P. is looking for is something that would differentiate Allah's level of evidence from the other contradicting god-claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 08:35 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBradu View Post
Look, we can argue which religion is right until we're blue in the face. Is it a good idea to simply cut to the chase and ask Allah to show himself to me?

That sounds like a great idea to me.

The first god to show herself to you must the best one. If no god shows themselves, then either no god exists or none of the gods care enough about you to make the effort.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:29 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
Quote:
Yes.
You have NEVER seen your own brain - if seeing is believing then you should believe that you don't have a brain * IF * you start applying your own philosophy on your own self, agree?

Old 11-28-2015, 11:10 PM

283 posts, read 327,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
You have NEVER seen your own brain - if seeing is believing then you should believe that you don't have a brain * IF * you start applying your own philosophy on your own self, agree?
Cute passive aggressive analogy but wildly inaccurate

Doctors, surgeons can scan my body and confirm that all the parts in my Central Nervous System are in tact. Not the same case with a spiritual entity

Old 11-28-2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Cute passive aggressive analogy but wildly inaccurate

Doctors, surgeons can scan my body and confirm that all the parts in my Central Nervous System are in tact. Not the same case with a spiritual entity
So you will believe when you HEAR something from someone, correct?

Old 11-28-2015, 11:24 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,013,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So you will believe when you HEAR something from someone, correct?
Or see it from someone else, or can see a picture of it. I could have a surgeon cut open part of my scalp and be able to see it. I could have open heart surgery done and see my heart beating. All of that is verifiable and I can see it.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:40 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Or see it from someone else, or can see a picture of it. I could have a surgeon cut open part of my scalp and be able to see it. I could have open heart surgery done and see my heart beating. All of that is verifiable and I can see it.
Can you see a thought or idea? True you you see the effects of them, but there is nothing you can point to and say is a thought.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:46 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,164,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Can you see a thought or idea? True you you see the effects of them, but there is nothing you can point to and say is a thought.
Yes, actually they have medical equipment that can show this.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/sc...ghts.html?_r=0

Further, I am fully aware of my thoughts as I experience them first hand. We even share our thoughts with others and come up with brilliant inventions. Look around your room and dare tell yourself that all this was created without thought. Geez. We see the result of brain damage where the person can no longer have thoughts.

There is nothing supernatural about our ability to think. We experience our thoughts all the time. I am now sharing my thoughts via computers that people created by thinking. But over and over you post without thought for what you are saying.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:56 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Yes, actually they have medical equipment that can show this.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/sc...ghts.html?_r=0

Further, I am fully aware of my thoughts as I experience them first hand. We even share our thoughts with others and come up with brilliant inventions. Look around your room and dare tell yourself that all this was created without thought. Geez. We see the result of brain damage where the person can no longer have thoughts.

There is nothing supernatural about our ability to think. We experience our thoughts all the time. I am now sharing my thoughts via computers that people created by thinking. But over and over you post without thought for what you are saying.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
But then you have never seen a pic of your great great grand father - no one who is alive in your family has not seen him either - no one claims that he has seen him - so u should not believe to have a great great grand father if you apply your new logic as posted above, agree ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam