Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 03:13 PM

19,041 posts, read 27,607,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name Of Allaah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum The Peace Be Upon You.

My understanding is, that the soul is given to an individual in order for that person to excel; to clear themselves. To protect themselves from the evil one, who is their natural enemy; that has declared war upon them. Shaitaan (Satan), has seduced man's sense (Light) of Reason, and you might say, Satan has access to man's soul to alter it. He (Satan), has caused the majority of the people of the earth, to deviate, or, become other than their actual self; devils, literally. Do you believe in the devil, evil?

Wassalaam. devotee

Actually, a body is given to the "soul" so that it can go through its earthly path. That body, powered by soul, acquires a personality, as determined by environment. That's what you refer to as "individual".
In my terminology, A conscious Self is provided with a body it resides in for the earthly path. In my terminology, "soul" is not what you refer to but, an operating principle of that physical body. Hence, a body may be operational - by having a "soul" but have no conscience Self in it.
But for the sake of simplicity, you and I may refer term "soul" to a conscious principle, inhabitant of a physical body.
We will also agree on one thing - during earthly path, "soul" has numerous opportunities to "excel", "clear" itself. EVERYTHING a human encounters in his or her conscious life is no more no less than an opportunity and learning.
Should you believe that this can be accomplished in single life is up to you.
But, eventually, every "soul" purifies itself to the state that it returns to the Realm of Permanence, or what is refereed to as heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 08:24 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,530 times
"Your claim is: that God cannot be real; Is not an actual being. What evidence can you present for your claim? "

This:

"Every argument for God and every attribute ascribed to Him rests on a false metaphysical premise. None can survive for a moment on a correct metaphysics.

For instance, God is infinite. Nothing can be infinite, according to the Law of Identity. Everything is what it is, and nothing else. It is limited in its qualities and in its quantity: it is this much, and no more. “Infinite” as applied to quantity does not mean “very large”: it means “larger than any specific quantity.” That means: no specific quantity—i.e., a quantity without identity. This is prohibited by the Law of Identity.

Is God the creator of the universe? There can be no creation of something out of nothing. There is no nothing.

Is God omnipotent? Can he do anything? Entities can act only in accordance with their natures; nothing can make them violate their natures . . .

“God” as traditionally defined is a systematic contradiction of every valid metaphysical principle. The point is wider than just the Judeo-Christian concept of God. No argument will get you from this world to a supernatural world. No reason will lead you to a world contradicting this one. No method of inference will enable you to leap from existence to a “super-existence.”

Leonard Peikoff

Now, YOU prove that there are not invisible dancing trolls on your head.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:38 AM

352 posts, read 419,735 times
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name Of Allaah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum The Peace Be Upon You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Actually, a body is given to the "soul" so that it can go through its earthly path. That body, powered by soul, acquires a personality, as determined by environment. That's what you refer to as "individual".
In my terminology, A conscious Self is provided with a body it resides in for the earthly path. In my terminology, "soul" is not what you refer to but, an operating principle of that physical body. Hence, a body may be operational - by having a "soul" but have no conscience Self in it.
But for the sake of simplicity, you and I may refer term "soul" to a conscious principle, inhabitant of a physical body.
We will also agree on one thing - during earthly path, "soul" has numerous opportunities to "excel", "clear" itself. EVERYTHING a human encounters in his or her conscious life is no more no less than an opportunity and learning.
Should you believe that this can be accomplished in single life is up to you.
But, eventually, every "soul" purifies itself to the state that it returns to the Realm of Permanence, or what is refereed to as heaven.
Thank you, for your comments regarding my post.

I've found the following, which is the type material I usually like to peruse. I hope that you find it knowledgeable. I haven't read it entirely but intend to. Feel free to comment. http://etheses.dur.ac.uk/4797/1/4797_2266.PDF?UkUDh:CyT

Wassalaam. devotee

Last edited by devotee; 10-31-2015 at 08:51 AM..

Old 10-31-2015, 08:48 AM

352 posts, read 419,735 times
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
"Your claim is: that God cannot be real; Is not an actual being. What evidence can you present for your claim? "

This:

"Every argument for God and every attribute ascribed to Him rests on a false metaphysical premise. None can survive for a moment on a correct metaphysics.

For instance, God is infinite. Nothing can be infinite, according to the Law of Identity. Everything is what it is, and nothing else. It is limited in its qualities and in its quantity: it is this much, and no more. “Infinite” as applied to quantity does not mean “very large”: it means “larger than any specific quantity.” That means: no specific quantity—i.e., a quantity without identity. This is prohibited by the Law of Identity.

Is God the creator of the universe? There can be no creation of something out of nothing. There is no nothing.

Is God omnipotent? Can he do anything? Entities can act only in accordance with their natures; nothing can make them violate their natures . . .

“God” as traditionally defined is a systematic contradiction of every valid metaphysical principle. The point is wider than just the Judeo-Christian concept of God. No argument will get you from this world to a supernatural world. No reason will lead you to a world contradicting this one. No method of inference will enable you to leap from existence to a “super-existence.”

Leonard Peikoff

Now, YOU prove that there are not invisible dancing trolls on your head.
Thanks for reading my post. I have no knowledge of a "super-existence." If you know of it, please keep it to yourself. Are you btw, acquainted with these trolls?

See the following: http://etheses.dur.ac.uk/4797/1/4797_2266.PDF?UkUDh:CyT

Wassalaam. devotee

Last edited by devotee; 10-31-2015 at 08:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam