Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 01:41 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I think as muslims, and living in TEXAS especically. They should be prepared for stuff like that to happen. I barely see muslims out here in austin. I maybe see one or two month...
You must not go out to the NW suburbs much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 01:42 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Those scarves are part of their religious beliefs.

It bothers me that people think its just fine to tell people to leave our country because of dislike of one's dress or religion. WTF is wrong with this country?
You just don't get it do you? Thankfully, few side with you.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:44 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
You must not go out to the NW suburbs much.
Or maybe he lives in West Lake Hills, as lily as you can get.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:47 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
Texans and Muslims do not mix, Muslims would be more advised to move to New York or California. Just looking out for their safety, if I was Muslims I would not move to any part of Texas especially Austin

Old 12-08-2015, 02:05 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
You should get a refund on your LLB.

For example, waving a knife at someone or threatening someone with your fists are both examples of assault. It is important that the victim in such crimes is aware that the assault is taking place. For example, if you point a gun at someone from a distance without his or her knowledge, this technically is not assault. However, if you point a gun at someone who is aware of it, then you have committed assault, regardless of whether the gun was loaded.

Under Texas assault law, there are three ways you can be charged with assault. They are:
  • Threatening someone with imminent bodily injury
  • Intentionally causing bodily injury
  • Intentionally causing physical contact when the person knows such contact will be considered offensive
Texas Assault Defenses - Attorneys.com
What words, specifically, did this man say that constituted assault?

Old 12-08-2015, 02:09 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
What words, specifically, did this man say that constituted assault?
That wasn't the argument. The poster I was responding to said that for it to be assault there had to be physical contact. That is not accurate.

I wasn't privy to the conversation between the two groups here, but if threats were uttered, that could constitute assault. Not that it does, or anything else.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:18 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yet if someone wears or flies certain things like say the image of the confederate flag the whole frigging country is offended, merchandise pulled from the shelves, TV shows canceled people fired.
Exactly. I wonder what would happen if a truck drove around with a confederate flag on their tail? Oh yeah, this would happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4XWtZHXeb8

The confederate army is history, Radical Muslims are currently killing us. What do they think people would LIKE about it?
I would think out of respect you'd leave it off your head for a week or two. It's a choice, not a command.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:34 PM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Those scarves are part of their religious beliefs.

It bothers me that people think its just fine to tell people to leave our country because of dislike of one's dress or religion. WTF is wrong with this country?
Religious beliefs?
Islam is a political system, disguised as a religion, bent on world domination.
Imagine those scarves as NAZI SWASTIKAS and "SS" eagles, and see if the outrage remains the same.
. . .
Since ISLAM requires the destruction of all infidel governments, they are self professed ENEMIES of the USA - a federal offense.

See: 18 U.S.C. § 2385
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385

Old 12-08-2015, 02:39 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Exactly. I wonder what would happen if a truck drove around with a confederate flag on their tail? Oh yeah, this would happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4XWtZHXeb8

The confederate army is history, Radical Muslims are currently killing us. What do they think people would LIKE about it?
I would think out of respect you'd leave it off your head for a week or two. It's a choice, not a command.
Oh, to use your example, just like all those people who put away their Confederate flags and clothing and didn't protest their right and freedom to display them, right after the Charleston shooting, right?
Yeah, there was no backlash or debate from the pro-Confederate flag people, and definitely not any on C-D.

106 pages of non debating.

Mkay.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:40 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times
Maybe its about time they find out how we really feel. We've done the PC dance for so long they actually believe they are accepted here Perhaps a little more honesty would be in order. What do they really expect---that we would continue to accept their superiority attitude? Its ok for them to murder us, but we're not supposed to even have a reaction? They should get used to it and expect even more, this country is sick of effacing ourselves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam