Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 07:50 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
Sorry to drifting off topic, but I have to respond to this:

It's that easy huh? Didn't Israel give back Gaza as a gesture of moving forward toward peace only to see these peace loving radical Muslims of Hammas use that land to launch daily attacks into Israel? If Hammas truly cared about it's citizens and the seek peace, then it would cease attacks, therefore, put pressure on Israel to allow food, water and meds into Gaza. But that's not the case now is it? .
Sorry too for having to drift off topic. Israel giving back Gaza to the Palestinians is like a thief giving back an item he had stolen from the original owner. Whats the big deal in that? Btw your strong defence of Israel's actions cast suspicions on your supposedly arab origins

Quote:
So 9/11, London bombing, Spain bombing and the extermination of Christians living in Islamic countries by their fellow countrymen are the result of Palistinain conflict?
Extermination of christians living in Islamic countries? Extermination is a strong word. its a word used like maybe when the germans exterminate the jews and other christians..or when the spanish exterminate the muslim population in Andalucia or when hundreds of thousands of japanese civilians were exterminated by a single drop of a bomb or...or... you get my drift? Pls think carefully before you careless flout that word around.

Quote:
The brilliant Salman Rushdie would strongly disagree. .
I wouldn't go so far as to label him as genius. Deluded maybe, pompuos yes. It is a shame that some of the people got over-emotional on this guy. Should have just ignored him and he will fade away like so many others.

[quote=Christian Arab;8202146]So what do you think is the root Islam's hate and intolerance of other faiths? And most importantly, what is your solution?

As I had ever mentioned before. Education is the key. When people uses Islam as an example, they always use the 2 extremes - they use the Saudi or Taleban or the Pakistani jihadists as an example of muslim intolerance whereas to show how muslims should act, they use the other extreme of the so-called 'muslim liberals' who compromise their religious faith and sunnah and interpret the religion at their whims. What should be used is the middle spectrum - the average muslim. How many are extremists and how many are in the average group? I said it before & I'll said it again. If the so-called muslim countries adopt and really practice the islamic way of governance, not the pseudo-type currently in use, the extremists will find that their lists of grievances will shrinking ever rapidly.

Quote:
What the heck should we emphasis on when radicals have hijacked Islam while moderates are sitting on their thumbs.
Its a case of look at yourself in the mirror before making judgemental calls. Ever hear of the pot calling the kettle black? Anyway. Anymore debates on this should be in the political section. Salamz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 03:56 PM

500 posts, read 702,959 times
If you're going to quote my ever word, at least try to back up your silly claims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Sorry too for having to drift off topic. Israel giving back Gaza to the Palestinians is like a thief giving back an item he had stolen from the original owner. Whats the big deal in that? Btw your strong defence of Israel's actions cast suspicions on your supposedly arab origins
So it's damned if they did, and damned if they didn't. How very narrow radical Islamic minded you are. So because I support Israel's right to exist I am not an Arab? More radical Islamic logic.

Quote:
Extermination of christians living in Islamic countries? Extermination is a strong word. its a word used like maybe when the germans exterminate the jews and other christians..or when the spanish exterminate the muslim population in Andalucia or when hundreds of thousands of japanese civilians were exterminated by a single drop of a bomb or...or... you get my drift? Pls think carefully before you careless flout that word around.
It is precisely what I said it is, an extermination. See countries like Iraq, Turkey,Darfur, Egypt where non-Muslims are being forced to either convert or have their head chopped off.

Quote:
I wouldn't go so far as to label him as genius. Deluded maybe, pompuos yes. It is a shame that some of the people got over-emotional on this guy. Should have just ignored him and he will fade away like so many others.
Fade away? Don't you mean threaten their lives? It is a known fact that anybody dares to criticize Islam will be met with threats. Even in the Western world, people are being silenced when it comes to Islam. See cartoons, publishers refusing to publish book that criticize Islam, Politicians that cannot speak against Islam, human right activist that cannot speak against Islam, and the list goes on.

Quote:
As I had ever mentioned before. Education is the key. When people uses Islam as an example, they always use the 2 extremes - they use the Saudi or Taleban or the Pakistani jihadists as an example of muslim intolerance whereas to show how muslims should act, they use the other extreme of the so-called 'muslim liberals' who compromise their religious faith and sunnah and interpret the religion at their whims. What should be used is the middle spectrum - the average muslim. How many are extremists and how many are in the average group? I said it before & I'll said it again. If the so-called muslim countries adopt and really practice the islamic way of governance, not the pseudo-type currently in use, the extremists will find that their lists of grievances will shrinking ever rapidly.
I agree with to some degree about education, but remember, even the educated individuals aren't immune from radical Islam brain washing. The problem is Mullas that spew hatred and intolerance, and the zombies that follows them.

Quote:
Its a case of look at yourself in the mirror before making judgemental calls. Ever hear of the pot calling the kettle black? Anyway. Anymore debates on this should be in the political section. Salamz
It's not judgmental, rather, it's the truth. Sorry if it hurts, but it is what it is.
And Alsalam 3laka ya Shab

Old 04-06-2009, 09:12 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Braderjoe, try googling "killing christians" What comes up does not speak well for your faith.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Braderjoe, try googling "killing christians" What comes up does not speak well for your faith.
I never said all muslims are perfect. Yes i can google like what you want me to. I can also maybe google Dresden, crusades, WW1, WW2, Hiroshima etc which does not bode well for the other faith too

As they always say : WWJD ??

Old 04-07-2009, 04:46 AM

Quote:
If you're going to quote my ever word, at least try to back up your silly claims.

So it's damned if they did, and damned if they didn't. How very narrow radical Islamic minded you are. So because I support Israel's right to exist I am not an Arab? More radical Islamic logic.
What silly claims? That the current zionists are entitlted to steal land from the inhabitants living there? That thievery is being rewarded and lauded? Not much to debate with you is there? Ahlan wasahlan gua jalan

Old 11-29-2011, 12:11 PM

82 posts, read 167,558 times
There is a degree of truth of what has been said. But it holds true with many Christians and Jews as well. Even if Christians do not enslave or colonize people today as they did just a century ago do not wipe away the historical record. Many Muslims have been subjected to living in a state of op-
pression from the hands of corrupt governments and outsiders who support their regines. Vast
majority of Muslim people are peaceful people.

What you have today are blinded misguilded Muslim''s who have strayed and deviated away from the Qu'ran and the sunnah [ the ways of the prophet Muhammad ]. Many of these groups are angry
and emotional and take out their views on innocent people. But again the religion does not support
these views and they will be judged by God as to why they became violent. Conditions are often
the reasons why people become violent. While it's important to have peace it's equally important
to have equality, justice, employment ,and education.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:29 PM

939 posts, read 1,025,054 times
Quote:
What silly claims? That the current zionists are entitlted to steal land from the inhabitants living there? That thievery is being rewarded and lauded? Not much to debate with you is there? Ahlan wasahlan gua jalan
What country are the Palestinians from?

Old 11-29-2011, 12:56 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Stop stealing Palestinian land. That will be a good start.
You know, I typically ignore resurrected threads, but I sure wish I had seen those words back when this thread was current. I'm sure the dude who wrote that is no longer participating, but what the hell.

I always laugh when I see an American say something like that. Being Comanche, all I can say is: How about leading by example? You first. Get off our land. In fact, turn your house and the land it is on over to the nearest tribal HQ in your area.

What, no, you don't want to do that?

Last edited by Fullback32; 11-29-2011 at 01:25 PM..

Old 11-29-2011, 01:01 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Oh well; that's great. And the situation over the two states in Palestine still doesn't change.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:02 PM

939 posts, read 1,025,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Oh well; that's great. And the situation over the two states in Palestine still doesn't change.
Where did the palestinians come from? What makes them think they deserve to settle in Israel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam